Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Elements II: Hearts of Light

Re: Elements II: Hearts of Light

Postby jincyk » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:20 pm

Thanks for all your help!

Hints for making progress in the Glymac mine? Found some secret passages, but none of them let me past the barriers.

Never mind--just found the minecart...
jincyk
Explorer

Postby soulcatapult » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:55 am

You're welcome, glad my advice worked out for you. :)

I also want to apologize and let you know that whenever the next version is released, the fireballs in that corridor leading to Fire Shard B will respawn slower (on Easy). Now this might not be until the release of Episodes 6+7, but thanks for bringing it to my attention. In the moment, I figured that since it was optional, I could leave it alone, but thanks to you and Feyone2 I've now seen that people could get stuck there, not knowing there's anywhere else to go. I'm also very sorry that you couldn't witness the grand finale of the first game for the same reason. +::cry

In any case, by the integration of Easy Mode I've endeavored to mitigate these problems, including in the mines which you just mentioned. Myself, having grown up playing quick-trigger action games alongside RPGs, I thought nothing of their inclusion initially, but having now realized the issues they present, I certainly wouldn't want anyone to miss out on the rest of the story and/or gameplay because of them.

Also, new screenshot!

soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:25 pm

I'm really enjoying this game. I love that you incorporated that easy mode for these timed reflex areas. Thanks so much for doing that. Looking forward to obtaining that Fire Shard B in the next release. I'm in Fiyara now and things are progressing well. However, since it happens to be the Day of Air, I thought I'd go back to Winstar Cape to get that quest. I can't find Winstar Cape. Is it somewhere within the Drafty Rift or elsewhere on the island? Thanks.
Edit: Found Winstar Cape quite accidentally. Still, I want to keep this post intact and let you know I really like this game. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:15 am

Ahhh, thank you so much! +::kiss +::heart Warms my heart indeed.
I will continue to post updates on my site as progress is made.
That you enjoy my work really, really means the world to me! +::YAY
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:40 pm

I've finished the mine and have the larger boat. I found some new quests have become available (one involves dryads and seasonal changes so I guess I'll need to sleep a bit which I haven't done much). I can travel all around the world, but most new entrances (including my next destination as directed by Ananda) seem to be inactive. I presume these new areas are part of the next release. I do have some questions.

1-Should I have found the Wood Shard A by now?

2-I have Treasure Map 10 but no Treasure Map 9 and no clue where the Oasis Inn is. I'm searching the Fiyari Desert.

3-Tara says "G" is the key at sea. I went to sea, pressed "G" and played the game. When I exit the game, Hiram is all alone in the boat and the scene is completely dark. I can exit the boat and walk around the blackness but haven't found anything special in that darkness. The only way I can get out is to X out the game completely. I must be missing something.

I'm really looking forward to the next update. In the meantime, I'm running around gaining higher levels of friendship, revisiting all the seamstresses and integrating the spells of Titania's newly found shard. (Can't integrate Maire's yet) That teleport spell sure comes in handy.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:13 am

Lady JJ wrote:I've finished the mine and have the larger boat. I found some new quests have become available (one involves dryads and seasonal changes so I guess I'll need to sleep a bit which I haven't done much). I can travel all around the world, but most new entrances (including my next destination as directed by Ananda) seem to be inactive. I presume these new areas are part of the next release.

Yes, and actually, the dryad quest can't be completed yet, either, nor the others that become available when you enter Episode 6.

I do have some questions.

1-Should I have found the Wood Shard A by now?

Yes, it's in the raft section in Behgar Jungle. At the third junction, just go straight.

2-I have Treasure Map 10 but no Treasure Map 9 and no clue where the Oasis Inn is. I'm searching the Fiyari Desert.

The oasis inn is in the northwest part of the Fiyaran landmass, near the ruined border bridge. It's the little house by the water. You can't walk directly west of it due to the bridge being broken, but you can cross over via the ship and account for your lost steps. Or just spoil yourself:
Spoiler: show
The treasure's on the tile directly above the farm.

Treasure Map 9 is in the northwest section of Fiyara Desert (the area within the walls, with enemies running around). It's behind a pool of water with another treasure chest, and you can only reach it on the Day of the Sun.

3-Tara says "G" is the key at sea. I went to sea, pressed "G" and played the game. When I exit the game, Hiram is all alone in the boat and the scene is completely dark. I can exit the boat and walk around the blackness but haven't found anything special in that darkness. The only way I can get out is to X out the game completely. I must be missing something.

Actually, this is a bug. Thanks for finding it! +::O_o +::biggrin

I'm really looking forward to the next update. In the meantime, I'm running around gaining higher levels of friendship, revisiting all the seamstresses and integrating the spells of Titania's newly found shard. (Can't integrate Maire's yet) That teleport spell sure comes in handy.

Thank you so much, and yes, I thought it would! +::Thumbup
I apologize for any other little snags you may encounter. Once again, thanks for playing and for letting me know you enjoyed it! And that you're looking forward to the rest.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:56 pm

Thanks for the response. Now I can tie up a few more loose ends. Any idea when the next episode(s) will be released?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:51 pm

Ahh, well... I can make no guarantees. As you can see, the scope of Episode 6 is enormous, encompassing roughly the same breadth of content as the equivalent portion of the story following Glymac in the original game. It took me about nine months to a year to complete that back then, so... I would like to be optimistic and say I could do the same now, God willing! +::surrender
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:08 pm

Clearly this is not a game that is just thrown together with random battles, so, yeah, it would take some time. Definitely worth the wait. :) Good luck and keep us posted.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:53 pm

Thank you, and will do. +::clap
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby soulcatapult » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:25 am

I know it's been awhile, but... here are a couple of new screenshots:

From Natesboro, the next planned location.

I'm thinking of making some changes to the site, as well as the way I do things in general. If you would, pay me a visit and let me know what you think (either on the Contact form or right here in the forum). Thank you, I'm sorry, and God bless! :)
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby ZuluKat » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:04 pm

First, I want to say thanks for the first Elements game...second wow a second! I'm still on the first one but downloaded the second today! I absolutely love this!!! Just thought I'd let you know great story line and I can't figure out how I missed this epic game for so long. The art work is great also...keep up the great work!!!!!!! +::YAY
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby soulcatapult » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:32 pm

ZuluKat wrote:First, I want to say thanks for the first Elements game...second wow a second! I'm still on the first one but downloaded the second today! I absolutely love this!!! Just thought I'd let you know great story line and I can't figure out how I missed this epic game for so long. The art work is great also...keep up the great work!!!!!!! +::YAY

+::cry ... +::YAY

Thank you so much! I can't tell you how much it means. I can get very nervous when receiving feedback, and when I received a notification of your reply I didn't know what to expect. I'm still a little jittery as I type this... +::lol But happy! So happy!
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:45 am

I loved playing this game. There was just so much to do. I think my favorite was catching all those monsters. The puzzles, for the most part, were hard but could be solved even by my not-so-nimble-anymore fingers. :) As I recall, the only puzzle that was impossible was a fire puzzle. Since it did lead to a higher level of magic for one of the characters, I'm hoping this will be nerfed in the next installment. Side quests were a lot of fun as well. I'd encourage anyone who hasn't played this game to give it a try. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:07 am

Lady JJ wrote:I loved playing this game. There was just so much to do. I think my favorite was catching all those monsters. The puzzles, for the most part, were hard but could be solved even by my not-so-nimble-anymore fingers. :) As I recall, the only puzzle that was impossible was a fire puzzle. Since it did lead to a higher level of magic for one of the characters, I'm hoping this will be nerfed in the next installment. Side quests were a lot of fun as well. I'd encourage anyone who hasn't played this game to give it a try. :)

Thank you very much... very glad you enjoyed capturing monsters. :) Yes, I corrected that fire puzzle along with a lot of other things, but it hasn't been released and, as yet, I don't know when it might be.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

PreviousNext

Return to Your Homemade Games