Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Elements: Soul of Fire

Re: Elements: Soul of Fire

Postby soulcatapult » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:08 pm

feyone2 wrote:Thanks for the info. I have plenty etheric light but no shrine keys spare so I guess that's out of the question?

Unless you defeat another one of the shrine mid-bosses.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:34 am

Hi Jeremy,
I'm trying to get another shrine key in the agile section but I'm hopeless at getting past the flames, can you help me again as I really do want to finish this game?! Wish I was a +::wizard
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:54 am

feyone2 wrote:Hi Jeremy,
I'm trying to get another shrine key in the agile section but I'm hopeless at getting past the flames, can you help me again as I really do want to finish this game?! Wish I was a +::wizard

PM'd :)
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:32 am

Hi Jeremy, I've got another shrine key but I was wondering if you could tell me how to reach Leonardo's Hand of God?
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:13 pm

feyone2 wrote:Hi Jeremy, I've got another shrine key but I was wondering if you could tell me how to reach Leonardo's Hand of God?

Start at the entrance area where the path initially splits into three. Take the warp under the middle arch, which takes you to the end of the Agility path. Then take the same warp you just came through, and select "warp to the previous area". Make your way down the pyramid (passing through secret passages in the side walls) and exit the courtyard to the south.

You'll be in the area with the vanishing tiles. Don't worry about making it through. Just jump onto the first and let yourself fall, and you'll appear on the other side. Exit to the south again.

Head down to the center of the room and then turn right. Take the stairs up to the next courtyard, where the door to God's Hand is.

Once you've got it, just use the Warp Stone to escape.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Thanks Jeremy, I got the Hand of God and I'm now trying to get the last shrine key in the intelligence path but I can't beat the flames in the dark room (I've tried it before) Can I send you a saved file please? Then I can get Maximus's best weapon too. +::heart
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:07 am

feyone2 wrote:Thanks Jeremy, I got the Hand of God and I'm now trying to get the last shrine key in the intelligence path but I can't beat the flames in the dark room (I've tried it before) Can I send you a saved file please? Then I can get Maximus's best weapon too. +::heart

Sure, go ahead. :)
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:40 am

Hi Jeremy, I've got to the end at last! Thank you so much for all your help, I must say it is the longest game I've ever played but I found it heaps of fun so just had to keep going. +::YAY +::Dance +::clap +::heart
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:30 am

feyone2 wrote:Hi Jeremy, I've got to the end at last! Thank you so much for all your help, I must say it is the longest game I've ever played but I found it heaps of fun so just had to keep going.

Congratulations!! +::Thumbup And thank you for playing! :) Hope to see you next time around. ;)
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby soulcatapult » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:39 am

There is now a message board for Elements at the NRG forums: http://newrealitygames.freeforums.org/elements-soul-of-fire-f8.html

It's quite lonely right now, so if anyone wants to help liven things up, feel free to join and add to the conversation.

I'm excited that there's finally a dedicated forum for the game. May the community continue to grow! :)
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby blitzen » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:40 am

Finished the game, finally. Just wandering around trying to tie up some loose ends now. I am looking for the Panacea root for Granny. In an earlier comment Jeremy said they are dropped by Tartarus Trunks in the Heights of Nadir, but I have been back and forth through that area over half a dozen times and I only encounter Titan Trunks, which drop only gold. Are you sure this is the right area?

As for the "giant tree" in the Elemental Shrine, can you be more specific about where it is, because I don't recall anything like that. I'd like to wrap up all the side quests because that is one of the things I enjoy most about this kind of game.

Thanks.
blitzen
Bard

Postby soulcatapult » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:52 am

blitzen wrote:As for the "giant tree" in the Elemental Shrine, can you be more specific about where it is, because I don't recall anything like that. I'd like to wrap up all the side quests because that is one of the things I enjoy most about this kind of game.

Thanks.

The "giant tree" is where the vines are, and where you're walking in golden sap, etc... if you take the first warp at the entrance of the shrine and select "warp to the peak," you'll be taken to the tree area. Head backwards from there, jump down to the bottom of the vine section, and descend inside the tree. Tartarus Trunks randomly appear when you get into battles here, though they're on the rare side.

When you're done, just use the Warp Stone to escape (you can't be in the sap when you use it, by the way).
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby blitzen » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:01 pm

jeremyz wrote: Tartarus Trunks randomly appear when you get into battles here, though they're on the rare side.

Got it, thanks. Granny is doing fine now. One last question:

There are a couple of other grannies in cabins around the islands. Are there quests for them as well, or are they just red herrings? Because I can't seem to trigger any response from them besides asking who I am. And also is the area leading to the Glymac University site ever accessible or is that just another red herring?
blitzen
Bard

Postby soulcatapult » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:58 pm

There are a couple of other grannies in cabins around the islands. Are there quests for them as well, or are they just red herrings? Because I can't seem to trigger any response from them besides asking who I am. And also is the area leading to the Glymac University site ever accessible or is that just another red herring?

The other grannies are part of a side quest that can only be initiated if you first talk to Granny BEFORE going to and freeing Alavon very early in the game. This appears to have been an oversight, unfortunately, and may be fixed in a future update (if there is another update, or rather, if there are enough issues left to be addressed to warrant a new update). You just get a few Rings during the course of the quest; nothing really earth-shattering, but...

Spoiler: show
...If you want, you can send me your save file and I can trigger the event condition to make the grannies properly respond to you.

As for the university, you can't ever go there. It's really just a setup for something I plan to do in the next game... but maybe it was too confusing to be worth it?
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby blitzen » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:31 pm

jeremyz wrote:..If you want, you can send me your save file and I can trigger the event condition to make the grannies properly respond to you.

As for the university, you can't ever go there. It's really just a setup for something I plan to do in the next game... but maybe it was too confusing to be worth it?

Nah, it's OK, thanks. I'm not a completist, it just bugged me that I couldn't figure out how to trigger the quest.

Trying to get my last golden statue for Ben:

<HUMANOID>
Lake of Fire (Central Behgar): Start by heading north and crossing the bridge that you created by flipping the switch/lever. Head right all the way through the next area, then down through the following area. You'll come to another bridge. Enter the tower at the end of the bridge and descend to the first floor. On either side of the stairs on the first floor, you'll see torches. Walk into either of the walls beside the torches to enter the hidden area where the golden enemy is (watch out, this one's tough).

Can you provide an image of the bridge and tower in the Lake of Fire? I can't find this, and I've been through the area several times now. Thanks.
blitzen
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers