Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Heroes of Legionwood

Re: New RPG: Heroes of Legionwood

Postby flaxin1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:52 pm

blootooth wrote:@Bluerose

Right now, I am stuck in the weave, for the life of me, I cannot get through the timed sections of the weave. I am still waiting for help on that part.

If you are referring to the Agility Section where you have to get pass all those oscillating rings, then let me share a little bit. Steadily step pass the rings. No need to press your shift button. The rings can actually rest on you without knocking you back to the start. Save as often as you like so that you don't have to start all over if you are unlucky. Don't engage in battles; retreat. When you come to that part where you will be pursued be one fast ring, use the shift button and run like hell and duck to the right in the one available square. After it is at rest, run pass it and continue. You will have sufficient time to complete the above - no problem, actually. :)

I am having a terrible time with that fast ring. I'm on DASH option already, so what does the shift button do? I can get right in front of it to run down, but as soon as I hit the third square which is a lighted square it takes me out (back to the start).
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help please!

I GOT IT!!! Now onwards!
Last edited by flaxin1 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flaxin1
Wanderer

Postby Nyx » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:18 pm

I went to the Dark Gaia site and there was no help there...... +::grrr
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:16 pm

Is it possible to receive the favors of all four companions, or ...
Spoiler: show
are the favors solely determined by the dynasty crystal choice?

Is there an ETA for the sequel?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Nyx » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:00 pm

Nice to see Dark Gaia is checking in. Last time he was here was 6/22..... +::grrr
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Re: Heroes of Legionwood

Postby Dark Gaia » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:53 pm

Hi guys :)

Firstly, please accept my apologies. Heroes of Legionwood recently came out on Steam, and I also got a new job as a game reviewer. With these things eating up my time, I somehow forgot to check in here.

I'll now begin to answer your questions:

For those who wish to use the modification I posted that adds more time to the Agility challenge, it SHOULD work with all versions of the game, as it just replaces the map files and doesn't touch the coding itself.

@LadyJJ: The favor with your companions is influenced by your dialogue responses and certain actions you take during the game, not just the Dynastland Gem choice. It's possible to have a positive relationship with all four, but very difficult. That isn't a bad thing though, as you still get bonuses for having negative relationships, just different ones.

Re: Episode 2, I've started work on it, but it took about 6 months to develop Episode 1, so I wouldn't expect it until early next year.
Want the latest news on Legionwood and my other projects?
Head over [url]to http://legionwood.wordpress.com[/url] and keep in touch!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Nyx » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:03 pm

And where is the "map file" ?????
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby gaby5516 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:51 pm

HI GAIA
I don't know if this problem has been posted here as yet, as I haven't been able to get any response on SEARCH.

When I try to buy weapons or armour at the shop, only 4 of the characters show up.
So I can't see what the last character (party member) needs, or what he/she can even wear or carry.
Is that a glitch in the game I downloaded, or is that just the way the game is?
It makes it hard to outfit all of the party members.
I don't see anywhere in the menu where I could change the party's formation.
sincerely,
gaby
gaby5516
Bard

Postby Kes » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:08 pm

I happen to be visiting the forum just now, and in case Gaia doesn't see your post, I might be able to help.

I don't know if this game was made in Ace or XP, but if it was made in Ace, then when you are looking at the equipment in the shop, press SHIFT and the other party members usually show up. When you want to go back to your main party, press SHIFT again.
Kes
Explorer

Postby gaby5516 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:29 pm

thank you very much for taking the time to help out KES.
gaby5516
Bard

Postby Dark Gaia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi guys.

Just popping in to let you know we're deep into Episode 2 now and we're eventually backporting all of the additions to the code back into Episode 1, including a redone shop screen that will show all five party members without having to press Shift.

There are a few places in the game where the fifth party member doesn't show up, and all of these windows are slowly being redone.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Nyx » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:58 pm

Nyx wrote:And where is the "map file" ?????

AGAIN - where is the map file?!?!?
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Dark Gaia » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi everyone.

I know it's been a while, but I've been pretty busy over here with my reviewing job and getting stuck into Heroes of Legionwood: Resurrection, the second "half" of the story. At the moment, it's going pretty well and I'm looking at an early 2016 release. The second installment is much longer and the story is a bit darker.

It's designed to be a standalone game, but it is meant to continue on from where this game left off, so I hope you've all kept your save files handy. Those of you who've played Aldorlea's Milennium series probably already know how episodic games work.

I just thought you'd all appreciate an update on what's happening. Originally, I was going to do three episodes, but I've actually decided to combine the second and third installments into one game. You can read all about it here: http://www.darkgaiastudios.com/apps/blog/.

One cool thing about combining the two future episodes into one big game is that you'll be able to advance your characters a whole bunch more. In the first episode, there was a level maximum of 30, which was intended to prevent you from being too powerful when you import into the next game.

In other news:

Both Legionwood 2 and Heroes of Legionwood are 50% off until October 31st!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Nyx » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:12 pm

Certainly not interested in a game where the developer does not support it regularly nor do they answer question.

+:oops:
Dark Gaia wrote:Hi everyone.

I know it's been a while, but I've been pretty busy over here with my reviewing job and getting stuck into Heroes of Legionwood: Resurrection, the second "half" of the story. At the moment, it's going pretty well and I'm looking at an early 2016 release. The second installment is much longer and the story is a bit darker.

It's designed to be a standalone game, but it is meant to continue on from where this game left off, so I hope you've all kept your save files handy. Those of you who've played Aldorlea's Milennium series probably already know how episodic games work.

I just thought you'd all appreciate an update on what's happening. Originally, I was going to do three episodes, but I've actually decided to combine the second and third installments into one game. You can read all about it here: http://www.darkgaiastudios.com/apps/blog/.

One cool thing about combining the two future episodes into one big game is that you'll be able to advance your characters a whole bunch more. In the first episode, there was a level maximum of 30, which was intended to prevent you from being too powerful when you import into the next game.

In other news:

Both Legionwood 2 and Heroes of Legionwood are 50% off until October 31st!

Certainly not interested in a game where the developer does not support it regularly nor do they answer question.

+:oops:
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Dark Gaia » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:59 am

Hi Nyx.

Please accept my apologies. I thought another user had already answered your question and directed you to the file? If the file you downloaded didn't work, then you need to download the game again and re-install. The last few versions of the game have a slightly altered Agility challenge. If you still need more time, then download the file on Page 4 of this thread and extract the Data folder into the "C:/Games/Heroes of Legionwood" directory, overwriting the contents of the existing Data folder.

As for support, I do regularly support the game. I've been releasing monthly updates since release, not only with bug fixes but adding brand new content such as new classes and quests. I could probably be more active here, but I do try to check in whenever I get a chance.

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding - as far as I was aware, I thought somebody else had already answered your question.

Gaia
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Nyx » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:08 pm

File is on page 8 I believe

n
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers