Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Celia's Quest

Re: New RPG: Celia's Quest

Postby Celia » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:48 am

Hello richmond!

Spoiler: show
The River Cave is north of the area with the Pirate. To get there, go west from Villageville, then south across the water.
Comments? Concerns? Questions? Feedback? Send me a message on here
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby gaby5516 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:36 am

CELIA
I'm in the Tree Maze. I lit 6 crystals, and found 2 chests.
An apple and a skill token.
Is that all there are? Or am I missing any?
I just can't leave, unless I find everything.
But I've been running around in here for over 2 hrs now. lol
And where do I find this Fairy Forest?
Please help?

P.S . time to quit for the night
gaby5516
Bard

Postby Celia » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:30 am

Hello gaby5516!

You found the Skill Token, which is the big reward in the Tree Maze. If you've missed anything else it's small things like apples or potion tokens.

The Fairy Forest is on the west river bank, inside a strange formation of smaller trees.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby gaby5516 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Bluerose wrote:I can't believe it, I finally beat Hard Rock, with only 4 HP left! +::Dance

Yayyyyyyyy , I finally defeated him too.
After 2 days of trying.
This was one stubborn DUDE.
But that makes the reward so much sweeter.
Almost put me on cloud 9. after defeating him. LOL
gaby5516
Bard

Postby Celia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Good job! Hard Rock's a tough opponent, probably the fight people struggle with the most in the entire game.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby blitzen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:28 pm

Quick question. I'm playing through again, and so far I have found and killed two dragons, in:

The Green Place and outside the Snow Temple.

How many dragons are there total, and where should I look for them?

Thanks.
blitzen
Bard

Postby Celia » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Hello blitzen!

There are three dragons (with two forms each depending on if you're playing on New Game or New Game Plus). The one you haven't found can be found in one of the northern valleys, the one with the different trees.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Re: Celia's Quest

Postby hotter@104 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:08 pm

I am in the second round of this game but really need help.
I am stuck fighting the FlameLord in the Fire Temple. I have tried everything that I know but always die. Using the sword that burns and Freezes. Freeze spells and also bombs.

By the way, thanks to all for the past postings. Could not have finished the game the first time without them.
hotter@104
Wanderer

Postby Celia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:07 pm

Hello hotter@104!

The New Game Plus run is much much harder than the original, especially when it comes to boss fights, as you've probably noticed. Your best bet is probably to pop some food item before the fight and make sure you're stocked up on potions. The red shield helps too as it makes you immune to Burning. Consider stacking Stuns if available.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby hotter@104 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:57 pm

I tried what you suggested using Uppercut, Wrong End Stab, or Super Icky Bomb and I still die. Tried each of the food items and I still die. The Flame Lord keeps healing. And those little "bomb" things are really strong and do alot of damage.
I am equipped with Frosty or Elemental Sword, Flame Shield, Blue Hat, Yellow Robe and Ruby Necklace.
I have 6 special potions. I don't see that more is an option and probably wouldn't help anyway since they are not available on each turn.

Strength at a 4, Dexterity 1, Intelligence 3

I almost gave up the first time thru this game and I am finding that the second thru is harder. I have explored the main part of the island and finished all areas if I can't get the boots than I can not get off the island. I don't see that starting over will help.

Anymore suggestions?
hotter@104
Wanderer

Postby Celia » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:52 am

The bosses in New Game Plus all have higher resistances to status effects. You could simply try a few times and hope you luck out with stacking them early. Other than that... Maybe consider using the Red Robe instead? The Worst Candle explosions are Brawl damage. The Red Hat would help with that. The Azurite Necklace, with some luck, could keep your potions going for a bit longer. You might also want to consider using the Buzzy Sword instead. The Elemental Sword should be useful, but since it adds Burning stacks which doesn't work against Fire Temple enemies, you might get more mileage off the Buzzy Sword for this particular fight. The Flamelord heals more if more Worst Candles are alive. Try to burst them down quickly if possible.

Overall, New Game Plus is more challenging than a normal playthrough and expects you to setup a strong skill/gear setup from the get go. It is absolutely possible that you've painted yourself into a corner with items and skills, but that possibility should be fairly low.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby hotter@104 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:28 pm

Started New Game Plus all over again from the beginning. Did everything and killed off everything before trying the FlameLord again. I was only able to get the red robe because of not getting enough craft tokens. Concentrated more on magic instead of Brawl skills. Still unable to kill off the FlameLord. So, I think that I must have not played the game the first time through with all I acquired as far as skills, status and gear to be able to continue with the second game.
This could have been a fun game if it would have been more for people who like to just sit back and enjoy a game without it being such a challenge. Even the Easy Level is hard, which I thought that maybe it was because this game is totally different compared to other RPGs.
So, for when I might tackle this game again please tell me how to get a Buzzy Sword.
Explain Ebb and Flow, also.
Would you include any other other hints?

I really am not a quitter. I usually play games on normal to get a feel of the game and then play the game on a harder level.
By the way, I am a 65yr old woman who enjoys playing RPGs in my free time. Have purchased many of the Aldorlea games and have enjoyed playing each one of them. Most of them I have played several times.
hotter@104
Wanderer

Postby Celia » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi hotter@104!

New Game Plus is supposed to be very challenging, as it is the only way to unlock the true ending, and truly "beat" the game. I do feel like you might be struggling more because of a lack of knowledge of mechanics and tricks than actual difficulty though. Some interactions are obvious, others, not so much. Using Ebb/Flow is very important to a Magic user, properly utilizing status effects makes tough fights much more manageable, and so on. The manual should help you understand how different skills and statuses work.

Most skill mechanics, such as Eb and Flow, are explained in the manual. Simply put, some Magic spells place Ebb stacks, some place Flow stacks. If a skill that places Ebb stacks is used against an enemy with a Flow stack, it will deal bonus damage, and if a skill that places Flow stacks is used against an enemy with an Ebb stack, it'll deal bonus damage as well. Some skills modify Ebb/Flow, such as Charged Trickle (Adds BOTH Ebb and Flow to all enemies) and Fizzle (Turns Ebb stacks into Flow stacks and vice versa). Using Ebb and Flow correctly is key to playing a Magic based character, as it is a potential 50% damage increase.

As for the game being fun or not, that is completely subjective. I personally find easy games incredibly boring as I look for a challenge rather than a story. If I want just a story I'll go read a book. Everyone has their own idea of fun. Also please note that there is no Easy difficulty. There is Casual, Normal and Hardcore. Nowhere does it say Easy.

The Buzzy Sword can be gained by giving Craft Kits to the weapon smith in town. If you have the Elemental Sword you should also have the Buzzy Sword available. You can swap freely in town between already unlocked gear.

As for other hints... The Flamelord splits its damage evenly between Magic, Brawl and Tech, and because of this all stat builds are equally as effective as him. Worst Candles, however, deal exclusively Brawl damage. Meat lowers their damage output by a lot. Dex also helps protect against it. Getting the Brawl skill Hidey Pose and one of its upgrades will help you greatly in almost every fight in the game. The same can be said for the Magic skill Invigorating Trickle. Overall I'd try to debuff the Flamelord as much as possible with Stuns and other stat reducing effects while using self-heals and tanking the bombs. Try to sneak in some damage against the Flamelord when possible as well. If you are full Magic, chances are you can kill Worst Candles in a couple of turns while still dealing damage to the Flamelord.

No one's accusing you of being a quitter. I made Celia's Quest intending to make a very challenging game that would force players to think in different ways than they'd do playing a normal RPG. Many players struggle with the game at first, and then again when they start New Game Plus, as New Game Plus removes several of the crutches that keep non-optimal setups alive during a normal playthrough.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby hotter@104 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:00 pm

OK, I really don't want to quit. I am going to restart the game on Casual, which is what I was playing. Try something different and hopefully when I get to the New Game Plus I won't find it so hard that it is no longer fun.
I will reread the manual and read other postings on this forum. Maybe all of it will make more sense to me since I have already played it thru once.

Thanks for the response.
hotter@104
Wanderer

Postby briony » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:31 am

Need help in solving the balls/rocks in the snow part - cannot get them onto the switches
briony
DreamLord of Myst

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers