Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Celia's Quest

Re: Celia's Quest

Postby Celia » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:46 am

Hello briony!

Spoiler: show
Try using the boulders themselves to stop other boulders from going too far!
Comments? Concerns? Questions? Feedback? Send me a message on here
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby briony » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:56 am

I have done that but still cannot get it to work - maybe you ought to have put maps etc in your manual like other devs do in their guides to be helpful
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Celia » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:25 am

I personally feel giving everyone the solution to problems from the start ruins the point of a puzzle. It's a manual, not a guide, and since the game is not story focused but rather focuses on exploration and problem solving giving you all the answers from the get go would cheapen the experience.

Push the black boulder down. Then push the soil covered boulder to the left, so it gets stopped by the stone boulder. Push the soil boulder down, then left. Push the snow boulder down, then left.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby briony » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:50 am

Went to the fairy forest and found a chicken that hid - found all her hiding places but never got any bottles all she said was to leave her alone so she could find other hiding spots - also found a blue butterfly that kept hiding and found all her hiding spots - so how do you get them to give you a bottle for a craft kit- thanks
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Celia » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:15 am

Hey briony!

The fairies don't give you bottles. You want to talk to the potioneer. The person you "steal" a broken bottle from just at the start of the game. You can trade kits for potion bottles there.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Valdy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:34 am

After long consideration - not liking puzzles and having read the problems gamers came across to finish tasks - I decided to get the game. I liked what I had played in the demo (love the graphics), and am very happy with it so far.

I finished the fire cave and got the boots, and I like being able to travel from tree to tree. Well, at the moment I can only travel to the eastern tree, but that makes it easier when I want to get back into town to refill my bottles and get healed in the church.

It took me a moment to get used to the way this game plays, but now that I am familiar with how things work, I enjoy it. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Celia » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:02 pm

I'm happy to hear that, Vald! Yes, the game doesn't play like what you'd expect of a game presented like a typical JRPG. But that was my aim from the get go. To use classic elements to try and create something that feels fresh. Some people like doing that through storytelling, or fancy graphics, but I prefer focusing on the gameplay aspects.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Valdy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:53 am

I have finally managed to kill Hard Rock. If he is the toughest of them all, then I am glad I have done with him. I am very glad I read your hint about Hard Rock using Guarding and Reflecting, Celia, otherwise I would not have been able to make it.

I really like this game. It is full of surprises, like when I stumbled upon the place with the chicken. Really cute. And I am so relieved that I now don't need to run away from the flames anymore, but have now enough power to be able to deal with them without any problems. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Celia » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:38 pm

Good job! Hard Rock is absolutely one of the toughest fights in the game. If you managed to beat him you should be able to beat the rest of the game as long as you keep improving!
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Valdy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:04 am

I am enjoying this game for the most part, but I have one or two complaints. I think it's a bit unfair that sometimes I get 60+ extra HP when using a red potion drink, and other times - when it really matters, like with the bosses - I only get around 30 HP out of a drink. It's bad enough that I have to wait a couple of rounds before I can use another potion, but then I only get about 30? The fights are tough enough, even if I was able to get the 60 HP refill, but with just 30 HP added each time I am allowed another potion... it takes the fun out of it. I am not one of those gamers who enjoys trying to kill the same enemy for days on end, and I always use the easiest mode, which is usually still pretty hard.

I am also rather disappointed in some of my skills. The hidey skill, which I have upgraded to guardy pose, is pretty worthless most of the time. I still get bashed around by everyone, and when there is only one boss, he still hits me as usual. And even if I am immune against the first hit, the others still hit me pretty hard. And the guardy pose is suppose to be helpful against more than one enemy, which it isn't.

I have also noticed that when I use Ice Cold Punch (one after another), the punch number decreases each time. Say, I hit someone 3 times with the punch, it's first 11 hits, then 9 hits and then 7 hits, or thereabouts. Again, that isn't fair. On the whole the later fights are definitely not fairly matched. And eating a piece of meat isn't always helpful either. *sigh*
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Celia » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Hello Vald!

Potion efficiency goes down if you're poisoned. Otherwise it's based on your max HP and heals as much out of combat as it does in combat.

Guardy Pose might be a mistake on my part. I've gotten some bug reports on it and it seems like the guarding effect goes away sooner than it's supposed to in some (many) cases. I'm working on a patch to fix it.

All damaging Brawl moves lower the damage of subsequent Brawl moves. If you read the manual or the info found at the beginning of the game you can read about how Brawl adds Exhaustion stacks which lowers Celia's Strength value, making Brawl spamming weaker than mixing things up. This is intentional as the game promotes mixing different skill sets.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Valdy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:17 am

Celia, thank you for explaining about the poison influence on the HP recovery. I didn't know that. Blast... I have nothing to prevent me from getting poisoned. *sigh* Right now I am trying to kill the snowball boss that appears after I killed the 3 snowmen, and I am just too weak for it, it seems. Maybe I have to go and look for more stuff in other places before I attempt to kill it?

ETA on the above: I had 10 Strength, but only 7 Dexterity when I confronted the snowball boss, but gained 2 more Dexterity points while doing other things in between, and now I was able to defeat the Snowball. That was pretty tough.

And thank you for explaining about the other things. BTW, I have "Spellbladery", but it doesn't do anything for me. When I am in a fight and call it up, there is only an empty slot. I have never been able to use it.

And, of course, to make matters worse, I have only just remembered that mouth in the bottle. Completely forgot that I could get my magic spells from him. I am wondering if I should restart the game, and bypass some skills that I am not too happy with and go with hot lips instead. But that sounds too exhausting at the moment. I have been through a lot already and don't fancy restarting the game just now.
(PS: Actually, I have started a new game. It's so much nicer knowing what to expect, and I can handle the game better this time round. I am keeping the save file for the first game though, in case I want to continue with that one, but will, for now, play a new game. I am already enjoying it so much more, having the knowledge I didn't have before).

I read the manual when the game came out, but forgot all of it again. For some reason I can't bring the manual up now. It's not loading.

Have a great weekend.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Celia » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:11 am

Hi Vald!

If you upgrade your bottles all the way through craft kits they gain a nifty status-removal effect. This helps immensely if you struggle against poison. The Yellow Robe also protects against poison specifically.

Many fights in the game are designed to be too hard if you just go straight for them but easy enough if you explore sidetracks and grab some power ups. The Flamecaller, Hard Rock and the Snowball are all considered Temple Bosses, which are the toughest of the normal fights.

As for Spellbladery, if you talk to the Punch Mage east of Villageville he can teach you Spellbladery skills for Skill Tokens. These skills utilize both Intelligence and Strength.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the second attempt more! The game is hard, as I personally believe finishing a game should be a big challenge, but if you go into it not expecting that kind of difficulty I can see how it would be frustrating, especially since it breaks a lot of typical RPG conventions.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Valdy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:26 am

Oh, thank you for the info, Celia. And regarding the bottles...
I had no idea I was able to upgrade them. Where can I do that? And thank you for telling me about the yellow robe. I only had 2 made so far.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Celia » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:33 am

The store you "steal" a broken bottle from at the start of the game lets you trade Craft Kits for more bottles.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers