Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Barry of Wrath

Re: New RPG: Barry of Wrath

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:57 pm

Hi Crawfors,

Quick question for you - can't find any save folder to transfer to full version. Is there something I'm missing?

MerryX

PS Never mind, I think I've found it in the WWW folder +::biggrin
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:01 pm

you probably need to MAKE A SAVE in the original game first. then transfer your stuff in

ive had that same thing happen
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:13 pm

crawfors wrote:you probably need to MAKE A SAVE in the original game first. then transfer your stuff in

ive had that same thing happen

Yep, it worked and even came back without the "Demo" descriptor +::Thumbup

So all good to go!!! +::Dance

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:19 pm

Hi Crawfors,
Just checking if I'm supposed to be able to use Learn Skills as it comes up under "Skills" but the lists are empty +::Dunno

I have everyone up to Level 9.

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:20 pm

one of the instruction npc's at the first town tells you all about VE (veteran experience)

that becomes accessible at level 30 !

more things also unlock at 35-40s
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:35 am

crawfors wrote:one of the instruction npc's at the first town tells you all about VE (veteran experience)

Damn, I missed it or skipped over it!! +:::| That'll learn me +::cry Okay, I'll try to use an earlier save to go back and read it.

BTW, pretty sneaky with those apple pies
Spoiler: show
I got some and succeeded in enticing a few guards but then started getting bashed up and thrown out. Took a bit of trial and a lot of error to figure it out. In the meantime I now have over 300 delicious warm apple pies - thought quantity was the problem +:oops:

Thanks, Crawfors +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:41 am

MerryX wrote:
crawfors wrote:one of the instruction npc's at the first town tells you all about VE (veteran experience)

Damn, I missed it or skipped over it!! +:::| That'll learn me +::cry Okay, I'll try to use an earlier save to go back and read it.

BTW, pretty sneaky with those apple pies
Spoiler: show
I got some and succeeded in enticing a few guards but then started getting bashed up and thrown out. Took a bit of trial and a lot of error to figure it out. In the meantime I now have over 300 delicious warm apple pies - thought quantity was the problem +:oops:

Thanks, Crawfors +::biggrin

MerryX

Please stop laughing now, Crawfors...for me this will go down with the Great Wheelbarrow Incident in Arvale: Treasure of Memories I am also currently playing. I'm going to want to forget about this too!!! +::biggrin

And I had skipped over the game instructions - I think RL intruded part way through the npc's instructions and I didn't finish it properly or take in the significance. Nothing until 30+ level +::cry If I could, I'd pout +::O_o
MerryX
Explorer

Postby kimo » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:01 pm

@MerryX
Apple Pies? I hope 10 of them is enough. I have always found that a seemingly unique item should always be purchased if the party can afford it. I've got no idea how to use them yet though because I am still in Demo mode.

However, buying armor/weapons seems wrong in this game because so much is found in the scattered chests.

How do you play 2 RPG games at the same time? Don't you get confused when playing RL? +::Dunno +::biggrin
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:21 pm

i was disclose there's a special guard at the top of citadel - if you give him an apple pie he gives you a lovely ring ( if i remember correctly)
but if you kill him you don't get it.

10-15 pies should get you there.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:22 pm

also did anyone unlock Traz yet?

you have to buy the explosives in the town from the Clown!! they cost 150gp if i remember --- then in that giant maze forest there's a blockade.. blow it up- talk to Traz and he joins.

then go to Citadel castle
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:42 pm

@Kimo
Yes, I am playing two games at the same time and yes, it does become a bit confusing as the dynamics are a bit different. However, Barry was too good to wait so I've been focusing on that one and I've nearly finished Arvale so I'm drawing out the pleasure ;) I always find it hard to finish a game when I am loving it and getting towards the end (that's what happened to me with Angel Made) - I hate to let it go!!
And BTW, I suspect 10-15 apple pies is totally sufficient as Crawfors said - what can I say...I panicked +:oops: +::O_o +::whistle

@Crawfors
Got the ring - niiiice +::Thumbup and have found Traz (who looked like a potential enemy - clearly I'm spooking easily in this game...I wonder why? Oh, it just might be the invisible foes totally littering the place +::fear
However I am totally enjoying the game - I really need to focus on the battle strategy, keeping everyone alive and levelling up together for when we reach 30+
Current progress - I am up to Mystic Mountain and the cave maze. Also added Melody and Ivanka, and everyone up to level 12-14. I usually don't pay much attention to the music but I am also finding it good and fitting the mood. Some of the dialogue between the characters is really funny +::biggrin I like the way the characters are developing and getting to know one another - just as I'm finding out about them and how they work together as a team.

A lot of work has gone into this one, Crawfors - well done +::clap Game is playing very smoothly for me.

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:09 pm

It warms my heart to know you are enjoying it so much!!

and Melody is one of my favorite characters in the game :) she's a real gem!
those swift action team heals!! wooo buddy!

on the music-- thank you so much for pointing that out.
In ALL my games i try to go above and beyond to put in the perfect song for each scene.
So I'm glad you noticed that

The character interactions is also important to me for creating what feels like real characters !!

again THANK YOU!! <3
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MONCHA5 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:57 pm

Where can I buy greater healing potion and mana potion? I only see healiong tincture :( +::sos
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:03 pm

deeper in the game :)

where are you?
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MONCHA5 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:31 pm

crawfors wrote:deeper in the game :)

where are you?