Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Dei Lapis

Re: New RPG: Dei Lapis

Postby Indinera » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:29 am

In general it's always a false positive. Because antivirus companies are completely incompetent and have been a plague to developers for decades. +::Dunno +::Annoyed
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Anima » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:04 pm

Gorilla4 wrote:Hi! I was wandering... I like that kind of game, after playing few minutes (didn't had time for more)... I would like to know more about that malicious file that ZuluKat found... I have uninstall the game in the applications section of Windows and had no problem doing it.
I just hate malawares and would really dislike having one!

I make Indy's words my word, sadly.

Indinera wrote:In general it's always a false positive. Because antivirus companies are completely incompetent and have been a plague to developers for decades. +::Dunno +::Annoyed
Anima
Bard

Postby mamachi » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:15 pm

There is no example of the guide so I want to know if all the maps are in the guide.
mamachi
Bard

Postby Anima » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:54 pm

mamachi wrote:There is no example of the guide so I want to know if all the maps are in the guide.

Hi there!
Yes, the guide has mapshots of all the locations helping you navigate through towns and dungeons. :)
Anima
Bard

Postby mamachi » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:52 pm

+::YAY
mamachi
Bard

Postby Anima » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:59 pm

I hope you have a good time with the game! :)
Anima
Bard

Postby Gorilla4 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:25 pm

+::heart The game is beautiful. I understand that Zulukat had probably a false positive message. I am purchasing this game. These days, all previous games sold here were a little to ''powerful'' for my laptop who doesn't have a big CPU, etc. But I understand... Life must go on! I am really glad with this game, a little bit old fashion, like I like them +::heart I will be happy to come back here when I change my laptop but I love my old laptop like a dear friend +::whistle See you soon!
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Anima » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:26 am

Thank you for the compliment! I hope you enjoy the game!
Anima
Bard

Postby blumyst » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:06 pm

Good games like this one and forever heroes and the milleniums and laxious force are all better being done on
a desktop so theres plenty of room for storage
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Gorilla4 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:39 pm

Got 1 TO of storage even with this laptop. I am ok. I start playing with a desktop, but these days, it is much easy to find a laptop at the corner shop. And it is much cheaper! Laptops has now 4,7ghz of cpu (far ahead for what I need)... But I respect, your choice. I discover too that my eyes hurt less with watching a laptop than a big screened desktop. I play Nintendo and Sega too. I can't tolerate interacting with a 32 television for long! As I said, do whatever you like. We live in a free world! But this game is really beautiful. I really enjoy playing it! I didn't know about this dev; it is a good discovery for me! The drawings, the music, the storyline worths every penny!
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby MerryX » Sat May 01, 2021 1:05 am

Hi Anima,
I just completed the game and had a good time - thank you +::Dance

I took about 8.5 hours and didn't hurry. Really enjoyed the storyline and the different twists, and had fun with switching between characters as the story progressed. I thought that worked well and kept me on my toes and thinking strategically about who and what to equip, etc.
I got all the characters up to about Level 20-21 before the final denouement. I thought the character development was well done too, and I liked all of them for different reasons. Really had fun with Velcran (pre-capture) and actually got ahead of myself and cleared out Moon Hills before I should have which made it an easy run later on. Did that with Troll's Throat too from the other end - a bit hairy but survived +::YAY

Able to find and clear all side quests - good to be able to go back if needed to solve them (unlike a certain other developer who is completely Machiavellian and makes some side quests time sensitive and brain boggling +::O_o +::biggrin )

I didn't have any installation problems. I was unfamiliar with the particular artwork style for the characters and did find it a bit disconcerting that the faces all looked very similar and a bit androgynous. Had a bit of trouble with mouse control in the DEMO - and even in the FULL version had to resort to the keyboard to get characters to turn or open chests or doors (not sure if program or equipment issue?). None of it was a deal-breaker for me or interfered too much with my enjoyment.

It seemed to take a long time to level up and would have been nice to get a few more skills to play around with. The Accessories were nice but it seemed like they had "hidden" capabilities that weren't clear (e.g. the Elven Collar seemed to add a little HP each turn).

Overall, I would recommend this game with a good storyline, interesting characters, and decent but not outrageously difficult battles +::clap
MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Sat May 01, 2021 8:52 am

Gorilla4 wrote:Got 1 TO of storage even with this laptop. I am ok. I start playing with a desktop, but these days, it is much easy to find a laptop at the corner shop. And it is much cheaper! Laptops has now 4,7ghz of cpu (far ahead for what I need)... But I respect, your choice. I discover too that my eyes hurt less with watching a laptop than a big screened desktop. I play Nintendo and Sega too. I can't tolerate interacting with a 32 television for long! As I said, do whatever you like. We live in a free world! But this game is really beautiful. I really enjoy playing it! I didn't know about this dev; it is a good discovery for me! The drawings, the music, the storyline worths every penny!

Just cause you have a desktop doesnt mean yo uahve to have a 32 inch monitor with it or tv you can have whatever size you want. Even a 19 inch small one
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Anima » Sat May 01, 2021 10:09 am

blumyst wrote:Good games like this one and forever heroes and the milleniums and laxious force are all better being done on
a desktop so theres plenty of room for storage

Thanks for including Dei Lapis in the "good games"! +::YAY

Gorilla4 wrote:Got 1 TO of storage even with this laptop. I am ok. I start playing with a desktop, but these days, it is much easy to find a laptop at the corner shop. And it is much cheaper! Laptops has now 4,7ghz of cpu (far ahead for what I need)... But I respect, your choice. I discover too that my eyes hurt less with watching a laptop than a big screened desktop. I play Nintendo and Sega too. I can't tolerate interacting with a 32 television for long! As I said, do whatever you like. We live in a free world! But this game is really beautiful. I really enjoy playing it! I didn't know about this dev; it is a good discovery for me! The drawings, the music, the storyline worths every penny!

I'm really happy you're enjoying the game so much! It's a great thing you now know who this Dev here is. :)
Stay tuned for the next games!

MerryX wrote:Hi Anima,
I just completed the game and had a good time - thank you +::Dance

I took about 8.5 hours and didn't hurry. Really enjoyed the storyline and the different twists, and had fun with switching between characters as the story progressed. I thought that worked well and kept me on my toes and thinking strategically about who and what to equip, etc.
I got all the characters up to about Level 20-21 before the final denouement. I thought the character development was well done too, and I liked all of them for different reasons. Really had fun with Velcran (pre-capture) and actually got ahead of myself and cleared out Moon Hills before I should have which made it an easy run later on. Did that with Troll's Throat too from the other end - a bit hairy but survived +::YAY

Able to find and clear all side quests - good to be able to go back if needed to solve them (unlike a certain other developer who is completely Machiavellian and makes some side quests time sensitive and brain boggling +::O_o +::biggrin )

I didn't have any installation problems. I was unfamiliar with the particular artwork style for the characters and did find it a bit disconcerting that the faces all looked very similar and a bit androgynous. Had a bit of trouble with mouse control in the DEMO - and even in the FULL version had to resort to the keyboard to get characters to turn or open chests or doors (not sure if program or equipment issue?). None of it was a deal-breaker for me or interfered too much with my enjoyment.

It seemed to take a long time to level up and would have been nice to get a few more skills to play around with. The Accessories were nice but it seemed like they had "hidden" capabilities that weren't clear (e.g. the Elven Collar seemed to add a little HP each turn).

Overall, I would recommend this game with a good storyline, interesting characters, and decent but not outrageously difficult battles +::clap
MerryX

First of all, thanks for the careful feedback. :)
Going to Moon Hills with Velcan beforehand is really a good strategy, clearing Troll's Throat beforehand is way harder though, what you did was heroic!

About the mouse, did you turn it ON in the options menu?

I'm really glad you enjoyed the storyline and the character progression, it's what I focused on for this game!
Stay tuned for my next games!
Anima
Bard

Postby MerryX » Sat May 01, 2021 10:28 am

Anima wrote: About the mouse, did you turn it ON in the options menu?

Yup - double checked and all! Now playing Ultima Adventum and finding the same issue.

Merry X
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Gorilla4 » Sat May 01, 2021 1:17 pm

Just to let you know, I had the same problem with the mouse, but I am using a controler with this game. And it is working great!
Gorilla4
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers