Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Paladin Dream

Paladin Dream

Postby Indinera » Thu May 20, 2021 8:48 am

PALADIN DREAM

$9.99 only!

Dear all, while waiting for my game Night of the Stars (which should be out soon!), here is an excellent game to entertain your gaming needs. It features excellent production values and is similar in style to the Aldorlea signature.

Image Image

The game also comes with a trailer video if you'd like to get a "feel" of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIFOS8AWHtk

SUMMARY:

Josiah the paladin has a recurring dream wherein he loses a duel to a mysterious gray knight.
After leaving the abbey to confront his destiny, Josiah must soon cross swords with bandits, pass through the city of the wicked, and then scale a perilous mountain peak. As he prepares to face off with his mystical adversary, Josiah learns that his world is in catastrophic danger!
Paladin Dream is a story-rich fantasy RPG about a heroic quest. Explore a reverie-like kingdom overflowing with magical locations, characters and monsters as Josiah uncovers the secret of his recurring dream. Can you stop the nightmare before it’s too late?

FEATURES:

Fantasy RPG with emphasis on narrative (100+ NPCs), exploration (90+ areas) and combat (50+ types of enemies)
King Arthur inspired religious mythological setting and imagery
Numerous pieces of unique key art
Original custom music soundtrack
Original vocal hymns performed by Mioune

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Paladin Dream

Postby hitheryon » Thu May 20, 2021 12:23 pm

Thanks Indy, and really excited to be a part of this community. I'll do my best to respond to any feedback about Paladin Dream here. :)
hitheryon
Peasant

Postby ZuluKat » Thu May 20, 2021 2:12 pm

Hi Hitheryon, I can't get the arrow keys or shift to work. It seems I can only use the arrow (pointer) whatever it's called to move the character. Any help would be great, thanks!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby ZuluKat » Thu May 20, 2021 2:35 pm

I tried to go back on game and now I don't have the pointer even. Going to uninstall and wait for fix.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Thu May 20, 2021 2:41 pm

I'm able to play with the arrow keys (I also have the cursor).
Maybe the game didn't download and/or install properly? What's the filesize of your "Paladin Dream" ZIP file?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby ZuluKat » Thu May 20, 2021 4:15 pm

612mb...sorry, I'm giving up on this game. Uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. You can can use arrow keys to move in addition with cursor on last install but they have to be used together. I can't figure out the problem but for me it's too much of a headache. The game looked really interesting too. Guess I have to pass on this one. And I don't like zip files either. Are they really necessary? You know it didn't have a regular install like most Aldorlea games. Usually the install screen comes up I didn't get that on this one had to go to game.exe file to open.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Thu May 20, 2021 6:28 pm

The arrow keys work just fine for me. The RPG Maker MV/MZ default action keys are both space bar and enter. In this game, the space bar seems to have been deliberately disabled for action. Maybe there's a good reason for that, but I find it a bit annoying and awkward to have to physically move my whole hand to press ENTER when I'm used to just using my thumb on the space bar. No 'Karen' remarks please. :) It's just some honest feedback. Perhaps when I've spent some more time with the game, I'll learn that the space bar has been designated for another use and so this was necessary.
Other than that, I haven't played for longer than 5 minutes. I'll give some more feedback when I've spent more time with the game.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby hitheryon » Thu May 20, 2021 9:06 pm

I added a plugin to enable gamepad controller support, which had the side-effect of disabling the normal space bar function. I was unaware of this issue until now, and we'll be replacing the files to have space bar enabled (no more gamepad support) very soon. Thanks for your patience, and for bringing this to my attention.
hitheryon
Peasant

Postby Lady JJ » Thu May 20, 2021 9:15 pm

Are you sure you don't want to wait to find out if people use a game pad? I only use keyboard controls, but I know there are a lot of people on Aldorlea who won't buy/play a game without mouse control, so there may be some who prefer a game pad. I'm just saying, don't do it on my account alone. I'm definitely in the minority.
Last edited by Lady JJ on Fri May 21, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Fri May 21, 2021 4:22 am

I think many ppl love mouse control but gamepad not so sure. I am another one who uses space bar all the time.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Fri May 21, 2021 9:28 pm

I finished the demo and will probably buy the game. However, this game has some very strong enemies. I was at LVL 4 when I encountered the 3 gate guards and had to restart more than once. I have virtually no supplies for HP (bread) and I hope there is an item shop I will be able to use in the next city or I am screwed.

One error I have found is that the Clover Pendant description says the character can cast Choking Pollen. But, Wild Cyclone is the spell acquired and it certainly is weak. On the other hand, I would suggest a player get to Lvl 4 so they will acquire Revival (good healing spell) which pairs well with the Cross Necklace and may keep you alive during that 3 gate guard fight.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby hitheryon » Sat May 22, 2021 1:16 am

kimo - Thanks for your support and feedback! The city of Nazarfang has multiple places to heal (for free), and lots of shops. I hope you enjoy it, that area is one of my favorite parts of the game.

I will fix that text when it makes sense to update. I shall discuss this with Indy. Thanks for pointing that out. :)
hitheryon
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sat May 22, 2021 5:56 am

Both the demo and full game now come with an EXE installer and an active space bar, if you'd like to give it another try 8)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Sat May 22, 2021 2:30 pm

Okay. I found the missing ring, but cannot win the battle. So now I have to backtrack after exploring everything down there? And then have to remember where I found the ring later in the game?

While I am finding some bread here and there, there is a serious lack of money and equipment to be found.

I really appreciate the Space Bar more than I knew I would. Thank you.

EDIT: If anyone is having problems with the enemies. Just grind until you have enough money for the best armor pieces first and then get the best sword. Hold your nose, because you're going to "Stinky Town". After you can beat all enemies, you should be Lvl. 8 and ready to leave the town. +::Dance
Last edited by kimo on Sat May 22, 2021 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Sat May 22, 2021 4:00 pm

+::YAY Thanks for exe installer. Sent a pm with a Loading Error already to Hitheryon. It would be great if experience was earned fighting the rats in abbey basement maybe with a minimum of leveling before leaving abbey. I do understand though when he has to fight the paladin before leaving that would probably be overkill. I'm still glad to give this another try though even with the loading error. :)
ZuluKat
Explorer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers