Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Paladin Dream

Re: New RPG: Paladin Dream

Postby hitheryon » Sun May 23, 2021 2:03 am

kimo - I fixed that text bug.

Zulukat - I sent Indy a new installer to replace the broken one. Thanks for your patience.
hitheryon
Peasant

Postby hitheryon » Sun May 23, 2021 10:52 am

For some reason, it seems like my messages are not posting here, but I fixed the loading error and sent new installer versions.
hitheryon
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sun May 23, 2021 11:47 am

And... everything's been updated.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Sun May 23, 2021 2:07 pm

@Indy
Just bought the game yesterday and when I try to download the updated version today, BMT has blocked the password.WHY? I like BMT most of the time, but this company makes other companies look bad on occasion.

@hitheryon
While you do provide spell and enemy explanations in the game via NPC comments, you expect the player to remember what certain spells do when all you would need to do is use that text box on top to provide a simple spell explanation. Anything would be better than a blank box.

Also, that Assassin on the mountain either fails in every attack attempt or one-shots the Hero. Therefore, no skill or strategy is require to defeat him. A hack-and-slash approach is what many battles have become (especially with an Iron Sword). Thankfully, I save before every encounter now. Just an FYI.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby bobcat » Sun May 23, 2021 2:10 pm

i liked the game but it was very short i finished in less than 3 hours should be a little longer on your next try
bobcat
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sun May 23, 2021 2:38 pm

Just bought the game yesterday and when I try to download the updated version today, BMT has blocked the password.WHY? I like BMT most of the time, but this company makes other companies look bad on occasion.

I have no idea. I'll resent the dl link.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Sun May 23, 2021 2:51 pm

Indinera wrote:

I have no idea. I'll resent the dl link.

Thanks, but they fixed it on a Sunday and I am downloading it now. It was more of an FYI comment. I didn't expect you to fix their problem.

@Bobcat
I'm at 3 hours and I figure there are 2 more hours of gametime, because I'm "hunting" manticores (but I have no idea where to find them). I'm a slow and very thorough player though, but thanks for the game time info. I was hoping for at least 10 hours given it's a relatively inexpensive game. Did you find some secret city that an NPC mentioned?
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun May 23, 2021 3:23 pm

I'm hosting it, so it's me who has to resend the links (even though the game's not mine) ;)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Sun May 23, 2021 4:44 pm

@Indy
Thanks for the info. The download worked fine and updated the game properly.

@hitheryon
So, it looks like a 4 hour game and I have found the grass cross, but now I am getting a comment about "remember the Ogre's advice". But I forgot what any misc Ogre might have said about the grass cross. +::sos

Is it possible I missed finding an Ogre, but am still getting the text about the Ogre's advice? This is a situation where you should probably also remind the player about the Parchment contents when reading that sign stating "Top of the Mountain?" so they remember what they are looking for when the reach the "Top?".

After enjoying the scrolling maps so much (sarcasm), I almost don't care about finishing the game at this moment. There are serious enemy balance issues and I am not sure I will succeed in any final battle even if I defeated that dragon. This has become a basic hack-and-slash game in my opinion. I was really hoping for more battle strategy as magic was acquired.

EDIT:
Spoiler: show
So, the answer to my problem was that I had the Demon War Suit equipped which prevented access to the Dream Cave. And how would I know that?
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Sun May 23, 2021 7:17 pm

This game is good I'm at lvl 12 in the sewers and at almost 4 hrs. But, I can't get out of town yet. +::sos
I don't know where the skeleton key is if that's how to get out the North Gate. Already rescued girl and used memory harp.
Been all over, that guy in the tavern just says "..." any help on what I'm missing? I have the ring from the Ogre King who I've killed 2x's. Thanks all! :)
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby cbtx » Sun May 23, 2021 9:10 pm

I don't like Zip files either ---- at all. So when you refer to an EXE installer, does that mean the Zip business is gone?
cbtx
Peasant

Postby ZuluKat » Sun May 23, 2021 9:40 pm

cbtx wrote:I don't like Zip files either ---- at all. So when you refer to an EXE installer, does that mean the Zip business is gone?

Yes, no zip file.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby kimo » Sun May 23, 2021 9:46 pm

ZuluKat wrote:This game is good I'm at lvl 12 in the sewers and at almost 4 hrs. But, I can't get out of town yet. +::sos
I don't know where the skeleton key is if that's how to get out the North Gate. Already rescued girl and used memory harp.
Been all over, that guy in the tavern just says "..." any help on what I'm missing? I have the ring from the Ogre King who I've killed 2x's. Thanks all! :)

I found the key (which opens every previously locked door) in a SW corner of one of the underground locations. It might have been the dungeons and if you haven't found them yet, there is access via the sewers or IIRC just get captured by a guard and you will automatically find the dungeons. +::biggrin The escape is rather easy and without consequence.

But I'm positive the key is in some SW corner of an underground floor. Make sure you try all locked doors before you leave town.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Mon May 24, 2021 1:35 pm

Thanks Kimo! Went back still couldn't find so I'm going back into an earlier save to try again...Idk think I might have sold it accidentally since I got all the chests. I think it might have been near the Minotaur chest. +::cry

Ok, went back still trekking in sewers and didn't find it. It's getting stinky down there lol Not in any of the SW areas. Been in all areas unless there's another underground area besides sewers and prison or is there a second prison area I missed?
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby hitheryon » Mon May 24, 2021 6:01 pm

ZuluKat - The Skeleton key is
in the basement of the cult temple. Climb down the ladder (on the same floor where you save the girl), and it's in a treasure chest. There's 2 pit trap tiles in the room though, so be careful.

To get into the temple
you need to buy the Skull And Bones from the black magic shop.
There are 3 hints from NPCs around the city.

Please let me know if this helps. :)
hitheryon
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers