Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Sandfall

Sandfall

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:39 pm

SANDFALL

$19.99

Image Image

This is the latest release by Valkyria Games, already behind the hit Skyfall, and the much older hits Midnight's Blessing and Valiant - Resurrection! +::wizard

Please also note that the game also comes with a 66-page $6.99 strategy guide:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

The Sand War, a destructive and bloody conflit that took place over 30 years ago, still inflicts collateral damages on the continent. Quicksand Purges, the sudden apperance of dangerous fiends, are a constant threat to the population, while no one knows how to stop them or what exactly resides beneath the sand they come from. Meanwhile, that very sand is threatening to take over by spreading over to all the continent.
Our heroes must discover the origins of the monsters, the truth behind the war, the real intention behind the sand and bring peace once more to the continent while dealing with their own inner conflicts.

FEATURES:

* Over 15 to 20 hours of gameplay. Explore forests, ruins, deserts, temples, caves, villages and towns! The world of Sandfall is vast and diverse, rich in lore and backstory
* Dynamic Party System! Switch between two casts of character while they both venture deeper and deeper into their own journey, witnessing how their fate intersect into one
* 6 Playable characters, each with their own personality, objectives, weapons and skills
* Mouse Support for those who prefer it
* Keep up with all your Main and Side Quests with a Quest Log that details your quests and their respective objectives
* Complete sidequests to gain more knowledge of the world, rare treasures and meet incredible enemies
* 8 Secret Rooms, each containing precious treasures, that rewards player exploration

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :) +::Thumbup
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Sandfall

Postby ZuluKat » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:28 pm

Bought the game. I thought you should know the Power Rings are +5 Atk but are showing as +5 Def. That's the only thing I noticed. Nice story line. :)

Ok, now game has frozen on entrances and exits. I went back to Sand Cave area after purchase and couldn't exit after I finished that area. Then restarted and went with other party and tried to enter the previous forest area to get a free heal and it froze at entrance when trying to enter. +::sos

Now just to let you know the text in Desert City is not visible on locked doors, tombstones in Desert City Palace and the abandoned house where the scroll is also in the Desert Temple signs on wall and where keys go.. After restarting game from beginning other areas upon trying to enter or exit freeze. I take it this wasn't beta tested? I'll check tomorrow to see if things have been replied to. Thanks! Apologies for so many edits, just posting them as I go through the game.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Del » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:53 am

Hey, ZuluKat.

The game was tested, played through many times over. The signs were indeed an oversight, I have changed the interfaces and didn't realize the black font upon a dim background would make it difficult to read. The exits freeze is very unusual, I have never seen anything like it, nor do I experience it, I have tried here the full game build and it is working fine.

What exactly happens when you try to exit? The game just freezes or does it give you any kind of message? Is this happening in all exits?

EDIT: I have went over the whole demo, played all the way to the Desert, I believe past the point where you are, and the entrances and exits are working without a problem for me. Transfer events are perhaps the most common and repetitive events in RM, I never heard of issues like that, this is odd. You mentioned you started experiencing them after purchasing the full build, which is a different file, so I'm wondering if something could have gone wrong with your download of the full build. I will keep looking diligently into this, right now, what I would suggest is unninstalling, downloading and installing the full build again. I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

I have fixed the sign texts and the updated build will be up this afternoon.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:44 pm

Del wrote:Hey, ZuluKat.

The game was tested, played through many times over. The signs were indeed an oversight, I have changed the interfaces and didn't realize the black font upon a dim background would make it difficult to read. The exits freeze is very unusual, I have never seen anything like it, nor do I experience it, I have tried here the full game build and it is working fine.

What exactly happens when you try to exit? The game just freezes or does it give you any kind of message? Is this happening in all exits?

EDIT: I have went over the whole demo, played all the way to the Desert, I believe past the point where you are, and the entrances and exits are working without a problem for me. Transfer events are perhaps the most common and repetitive events in RM, I never heard of issues like that, this is odd. You mentioned you started experiencing them after purchasing the full build, which is a different file, so I'm wondering if something could have gone wrong with your download of the full build. I will keep looking diligently into this, right now, what I would suggest is unninstalling, downloading and installing the full build again. I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

I have fixed the sign texts and the updated build will be up this afternoon.

I re-downloaded from BMT...same deal. Another problem is Ground Breaker skill on King only hits one enemy not all.
I'm at the searching for the Pyramid and can't use boat we got in hometown, I even went back to sand prison area to look for a portal, no go. So now I'm stuck sailing the ocean and can't re-enter certain areas. Still freezes, whereas I mean I can F4 to close out game but there's no popup or error message. I've uninstalled and re-installed so many times.
I'll re-download tomorrow as I'm just too frustrated with game right now. Thanks for the help!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Del » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:53 am

You won't find the Pyramid by boat, at least not exactly. When you're finished at Stone Island, head back to the boat, sail back to Sand Island and then head north from Sandgrain, you will see a new location available, Solitary Stepway, cross it, the Pyramid is on the other side of it.

I have found the issues with the areas you mentioned, Quicksand Cave and Orcmouth Forest, you very (un)lucky to trigger those glitches as they could only occur by chance, a chain of events done in an order as to trigger them. It has been fixed now, along with the skill you mentioned.

As for the other areas you can't access, you really can't acess them. After being sent to the Desert some areas get locked in (for reasons we should spoil here +::biggrin ), such as Desert City, Northern Checkpoint and the other areas beyond it.

Anyway, focus on the Pyramid now! :)
Let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:16 pm

Well now...finished and the texts in the Pyramid need to be fixed also. I did really enjoy the story line. And I take it there will be a second Sandfall or is this stand alone? 10.5 hrs game play. I will replay this though since I can do so to really enjoy it now with no problems with latest download. Thanks Del for fixing the issues! You know it would be nice to have some areas where there are monster repeats so as to extend game play to level up more. Just a thought. +::Thumbup
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Del » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:17 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed the storyline, It was what I enjoyed the most while creating this game. +::YAY
The game is a stand alone, although there is room for more story the way it ends, it does not end with a major cliffhanger, so the major conflict dealt by characters is resolved. Will there be a sequel? Well, if more players enjoy it like you did, sure! :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby nicholas » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:14 pm

Where do I find the lighter to light the candles to unlock the door. Thanks. Am enjoying the game very mycg +::YAY
nicholas
Bard

Postby Del » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:49 am

Hello there!

Happy to hear you're enjoying the game. :)
The lighters are behind the doors in the first floor's main room, to open those doors you need two keys, they can be found upstairs, one to the left the other to the right.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:48 am

Hi Del,

I just finished Sandfall today. I had a good time and liked the storyline and the variety of characters. Took around 11 hours and got everyone up to Level 20. The different accessories were interesting - really liked the Ring of Possession eventually equipping it on Kurosawa which was very effective. Good to have a Quest Log to check where I was up to although pretty straightforward and didn't get lost much.

Game downloaded with no problems. Did freeze periodically but didn't cause too many issues as I seemed to save at the right points. Ended up mainly sticking with the following team - Cyrus, Kathleen, Kurosawa and King - as they proved to be a good combination for my play (i.e., beat everything to a pulp). Be interesting to play again with a different team.

The toughest fight for me was
Spoiler: show
the Regent and his offspring which I actually won after an intense and desperate struggle, only to realise afterwards as the game failed to progress that it was a battle I was supposed to lose +::surrender
The next hardest section and enemies for me were the Desert Ogres in the Desert area. I lost count of the number of times I had to trudge back to that damn fountain +::Annoyed

Still do not like how the secret rooms are set up (aka wandering around and hoping will stumble across the right space!) In spite of that, I think I got most of them! +::biggrin

Agree with ZuluKat about re-spawning enemies (but not the Desert Ogres - especially in pairs).

Question - are you able to go back and explore the sand passages further in the earlier part of the game or is that a possibility for a sequel?

All in all, an enjoyable game.

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Del » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:55 am

Hello MerryX!

I'm glad to know you have enjoyed your time with the game!
Those issues you reported, freezes and the battle have been fixed, you must have progressed with an outdated build (sorry about that :( ), no freezes or winning battles you should lose in the current version.

The sand passages are a possibility for a sequel, if one makes it itself viable.

Do you have any suggestions on how you'd feel the secret rooms could be made better?

Again, glad to know you enjoyed the game!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:10 pm

Hi Del,

Good news about a possible sequel +::YAY

For the secret rooms, I suppose for me I really enjoy the feeling of discovery when I am exploring and find one through cunning and keen observation rather than sheer dumb luck. So for me that means detecting clues or solving puzzles (not too hard, mind you, as some can do your head in).

However, if the game build does not allow this, I'll just have to get used to it and trudge over every damn space +::lol The pay off is that there are usually wicked goodies in them +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Del » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:53 am

I see what you mean about the secret rooms! It's a more cunning way to do it, I like the idea! :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Sandfall Download

Postby Nyx » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:36 pm

I just purchased this fame and there was no download !!!
+:oops:
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Nyx » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:04 pm

Please also note that the game also comes with a 66-page strategy guide:

This should be re-worded to Guide is availalble !!!

I bought the game becuz I thougfht the guide was included !!!

+::Dunno
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Next

Return to Games from other Developers