Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Hymns of Resurrection

Re: New RPG: Hymns of Resurrection

Postby Anima » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:36 pm

TommyD wrote:Ok, was able to finally get past Lamia - just need to get lucky with the 'paralyze' spell.

It only worked once, but that's all that was needed.

Finished game in about 9 hours.

Now to find a new one...

Glad to know you managed to beat Lamia, using Damza's spells to their full potential make things easier.
How did you like the game?
Anima
Bard

Postby Anima » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:39 pm

ZuluKat wrote:Finished, 11 hrs 11 min. I really enjoyed this game...and I take it a second game is in the making to defeat the Alandrans?
Still leaves a few characters up in the air since they were beaten which is nice for future. Nice weapons found before final battle. Characters were great also with the story line. This forum may have only had a few people but it was as active as we progressed through. Many thanks for that! I look forward to more Anima games. :)

Congratulations on beating the game! I'm glad you have enjoyed your time with it, thank you very much for taking the time to post a feedback, it really helps!
Anima
Bard

Postby Anima » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:40 pm

GrannyC wrote:I too finished the game and I enjoyed it very much. I like straight forward games like this. The Lamia and the final battle were a breeze. I just let Danza use his paralyze magic spell every turn until everyone was paralyzed. +::YAY

That's a great fighting strategy! I'm glad you have enjoyed the game! Thanks for leaving a feedback! :)
Anima
Bard

Postby Anima » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:41 pm

Mapster wrote:Thanks for the reply. I thought I had done every quest but must have missed one. Maybe Ygritte just needs a better sword? Anyway, now I have to figure out how to get the Lamia's Eye.

Hi Mapster, did you figure out where the Lamia's Eye is?
I'm looking into the Aura Blade issue, I will let you know when a new build with the fix is available.
Anima
Bard

Postby Gorilla4 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:48 pm

Dear Anima, I finished Lamia and I am waiting for the new build for the spell that is missing. I hope this can be fix. Thank you! +::heart
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Anima » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:20 am

Hi Gorilla 4, the issue has been resolved, a new patched build is being uploaded, I'll let you know when it's done. :)
Anima
Bard

Postby Anima » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:48 am

New build available! :)
Anima
Bard

Re: Hymns of Resurrection

Postby Gorilla4 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:42 pm

I finished the game, finally! I really liked it.
The heal II spell never appeared in the list of spells. But it is not important because, Heal I used multiple times made the job. I liked the old fashion style of the game. I enjoyed the story. The gameplay was well balanced in general. It was a little short. I would lower the price and make it at $15 instead, and you would probably get more costumers like that. I live in Canada and I find it quite expansive in canadian dollars! But I was and still am really glad to play with this great game. It is trully a "Resurrection"!!
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Anima » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:07 pm

Your feedback has made my day! I'm really happy that you have enjoyed the game. :)
Anima
Bard

Postby poshpaws » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:54 am

I've just finished this game and thought I'd give my feedback. I agree with earlier comments about it being expensive for the length of the time. I would like more stuff to interact with rather than just opening chests. There were several wall cracks and notices etc but when you click on them nothing happens. Also when passing through a dungeon or an area the enemies were very repetetive and it started to become a bit tedious fighting the same enemy over and over. This could have done with some mixing up. The game looked very attractive but I'm starting to find the formula rather dull and would rather have more problem solving, secret rooms and objects to interact with. I like a game that you can go back to and replay but once I finished it I deleted it. Indie's games are fantastic but I appreciate that they take longer to create. However, I will go back and replay them because they are interesting. I'm sorry if this sounds at all negative but I hope the developer takes some of this on board for any future games they are making?
poshpaws
Bard

Postby gje747 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:05 am

HI
Help
I have fought the ogre at Skyscourge and entered the room but after the cut scene it is saying the quest has failed.
What have I done wrong? I have followed the guide.
Can anyone help me with the above please

Re the above
Who can help me with this?
gje747
Wanderer

Postby firefly84 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:09 pm

Some things I have found that weren't listed in the guide:

Westeria Castle:
Extra 250 G loot in the Ballroom.
(I haven't compared the found loot for Towerhold, Lowtide and Westeria + Sewers)

Also the 2nd and 17th page of the guide are unreadable because the text flows next to the picture.

Edit:
Small Bug 1: Damza should have learned Heal II at level 8, but that skill isn't there. +::wizard
Small Bug 2: The Healer's Badge never protects against status ailments. +::Zzzz
Small Bug 3: The Main Quest "The Third Seal" has already failed when you obtain it (or when you learn about its location). +::O_o
Small Bug 4: Calder should learn Heal II at level 22, but that skill isn't there again. +::wizard
Big Bug 1: On the Map Skyscourge 1F is at least one chest and mob not reachable. I have even searched for another stairs. The area is somewhere in the North-Central part of the map. +::sos

I will watch out for more inconsistences.
Last edited by firefly84 on Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
firefly84
Wanderer

Postby firefly84 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:35 pm

gje747 wrote:HI
Help
I have fought the ogre at Skyscourge and entered the room but after the cut scene it is saying the quest has failed.
What have I done wrong? I have followed the guide.
Can anyone help me with the above please

Re the above
Who can help me with this?

That is no bug, because you failed to secure the seal! (Just reached that part).
firefly84
Wanderer

Postby firefly84 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:59 pm

My levels to the end of game: 22-23.

Dazmo should have reached level 23, too, if you can fight the remaining mobs in the Skyscourge.
Raya needs 9x the EXP than Dazmo, so I don't think those are enough.

A little tip for those with trouble against the Lamia:
At level 16 Dazmo learns Magic Barrier - 5 turns immunity to all ailments that work (not like the bugged Healer's Badge).
5 turns to hit the Lamia with Paralyze.

All bugs are listed in my post above, especially the missing Heal II spells are hard in boss battles.

My wishes for future games:
  • Elemental weakness/strength: I really miss such an system in your games. You learn the spells, but all do the normal base damage. +::wizard
  • A more detailed guide (or for a free copy of the game I can write one for you). This one was really not helpful. +::surrender
  • More presence in the forum about bug reports (I am really disappointed from the support of all the game developers I have written to or posted (I don't mean you bgillisp!). +::sos
  • When puplished on Steam I miss the presence of the devs, too. Please subscripe your own games in the discussions! +::sos
  • I really like to explore or search for goodies in everything - but that is no must.
firefly84
Wanderer

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers