Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Hymns of Resurrection

Re: New RPG: Hymns of Resurrection

Postby Anima » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:09 am

blumyst wrote:I just click the link in the email with information on the game. What are the rocks for in stonefalls b1`-2???
How do i get past them?

First you have to complete the events at Lowtide. :)

TommyD wrote:Ok, can someone please tell me how to defeat Lamia?

Haven't had any problems with anything else; but my party keeps getting paralyzed immediately and then quickly die.

Please help!

polarbr wrote:

Haven't had any problems with anything else; but my party keeps getting paralyzed immediately and then quickly die.

Please help!

I'm having the same issue. Can't seem to come up with a strategy to kill Lamia.

She is a very difficult boss, indeed. Ideally, you will have completed all sidequests available by now, and haven't avoided much fights, as this would mean you're a higher level. There is an accessory called Healer's Badge, it protects against Status Ailments, I would recommend you'd equip it on Raya, the Healer. So everytime the Lamia uses her Petrifying Stare skill, she would be okay and with her you can start curing your other characters. An even better strategy, and this depends on your level is have Damza use his Mana Barrier skill (he learns it at level 18), it protects the party against all status ailments for 5 turns.

Let me know if this helps.
Anima
Bard

Postby TommyD » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:26 pm

Anima wrote:
blumyst wrote:I just click the link in the email with information on the game. What are the rocks for in stonefalls b1`-2???
How do i get past them?

First you have to complete the events at Lowtide. :)

Please help!

polarbr wrote:

Please help!

I'm having the same issue. Can't seem to come up with a strategy to kill Lamia.

She is a very difficult boss, indeed. Ideally, you will have completed all sidequests available by now, and haven't avoided much fights, as this would mean you're a higher level. There is an accessory called Healer's Badge, it protects against Status Ailments, I would recommend you'd equip it on Raya, the Healer. So everytime the Lamia uses her Petrifying Stare skill, she would be okay and with her you can start curing your other characters. An even better strategy, and this depends on your level is have Damza use his Mana Barrier skill (he learns it at level 18), it protects the party against all status ailments for 5 turns.

Let me know if this helps.

Raya has Healer's Badge, but seems can still get petrified. Damza is only at 17 - and I haven't skipped any fights that I know of. I do have one failed quest (Skyscourge) and maybe that's an issue. Anyway, maybe I'll just start over and see what happens.
TommyD
Wanderer

Postby Anima » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:04 pm

I should and will adjust the battle's balancing a bit then. I'll make it so the skill is a bit less contundent. I will let you know here when the new build is available for download.
Anima
Bard

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:02 pm

I'm at level 17 and having the same problem beating the Lamia. Raya having left party for a bit is level 14. Please let us know when update to re-download is available. Thanks ever so much!
p.s. made me think of Aveyond Rhen's Quest and the use of a mirror to turn Lamia to stone +::biggrin
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Gorilla4 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:05 pm

At this point, I am entering Skyscourge. The game is really awsome! What a great idea to bring back items from older games. Like that rainbow spider from the Book of Legends! Pure genius! I didn't get at fighting that big boss some people complaint about, Lamia? Well, maybe there will be a fix by then...
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby MerryX » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:35 pm

poetforhim726 wrote:Thank you so much for the help! It finally worked for me!!!!! Love love love this game! +::Dance

Can you remember how you got it to work? I have tried walking on that damn Wyvern everywhere, using enter key and/or space bar repeatedly, turned off mouse option and just can't get on it!! At this point, I'm completely stuck +::cry +::surrender

MerryX

Never mind - I finally managed to find the sweet spot and positioned Calder facing north just near the Wyvern's toes and hit the space or enter (can't recall which one now) +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Anima » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:21 am

ZuluKat and Tommy D, the new build is available. Lamia's skill is a bit less frequent and contundent now. I hope that helps! Please let me know how it goes.

MerryX wrote:
poetforhim726 wrote:Thank you so much for the help! It finally worked for me!!!!! Love love love this game! +::Dance

Can you remember how you got it to work? I have tried walking on that damn Wyvern everywhere, using enter key and/or space bar repeatedly, turned off mouse option and just can't get on it!! At this point, I'm completely stuck +::cry +::surrender

MerryX

Never mind - I finally managed to find the sweet spot and positioned Calder facing north just near the Wyvern's toes and hit the space or enter (can't recall which one now) +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY

Glad it worked!

Gorilla4 wrote:At this point, I am entering Skyscourge. The game is really awsome! What a great idea to bring back items from older games. Like that rainbow spider from the Book of Legends! Pure genius! I didn't get at fighting that big boss some people complaint about, Lamia? Well, maybe there will be a fix by then...

The boss we're talking about is a bit beyond the point where you're at right now, but you will get there! :)
I'm really glad you're enjoying the game.
Anima
Bard

Postby MerryX » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:48 am

Hi Anima,

I have just finished the game and I did have a good time. I took about 11 hours to complete and got Calder and Ygritte up to Level 23, Damza Level 22, and Raya Level 21 (never caught up after leaving and returning to the team). Great names BTW 8)

Download was no problem and transferred easily from DEMO to FULL version. The mouse controls are much better in this game than Dei Lapis and Ultima Adventum - thank you +::Thumbup

The main story line was interesting, side quests fun, and good dialogue between characters and NPCs. Dungeons were fun, not too hard and did not feel repetitive - did manage to go through a couple earlier than I should have in the story (e.g. Wyvern) so may have lost Raya that levelling up experience. The bosses were tough - the worst one for me was Tyr. He just wouldn't lie down and die - how much HP did he have anyway!! +::O_o It sounds like I was lucky with the Lamia as I managed to paralyse it then hit it with everything I had (repeatedly).

I always felt somehow the game was a bit "light on" though with good graphics, etc but missed opportunities to put more stuff to interact with (e.g. more chests, other items to find, secret rooms, etc) for a fuller experience. I can never get enough of that +::biggrin Although, I have to say you were pretty sneaky with some of the dungeon corridors that I nearly missed +::lol

The other thing I noticed was the pace of levelling up and gaining new skills. For a long time for me the characters seemed to stagnate, with only a rapid levelling up and gaining new skills in the final dungeon. And I had certainly not skipped any fights along the way as I realised without re-spawning, levelling up was going to need every fight I could find! I don't know if I've explained this properly but I ended up finding I was relying on just a few skills, ignoring others completely, and then only getting some really useful skills including magic and TP right at the end. I would have enjoyed playing around with different combinations before then.

Overall, I think this is a good game and gave me an enjoyable time. And it sounds like there may even be the potential for a sequel...(hint, hint)

Many thanks for your hard work!

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby ZuluKat » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:07 pm

For some reason BMT Micro is not loading the new download. I guess I'll try again after the weekend. I've still tried to beat the Lamia but no go after a dozen more tries I'll just wait. Funny how this one battle reminds me of some of Aldorlea's epic battles where I'm so grateful for saves.

Nevermind it finally worked.
Last edited by ZuluKat on Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby TommyD » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:27 pm

Anima wrote:ZuluKat and Tommy D, the new build is available. Lamia's skill is a bit less frequent and contundent now. I hope that helps! Please let me know how it goes.

MerryX wrote:

MerryX

Enjoying the game overall - so thank you!
Glad it worked!

Gorilla4 wrote:At this point, I am entering Skyscourge. The game is really awsome! What a great idea to bring back items from older games. Like that rainbow spider from the Book of Legends! Pure genius! I didn't get at fighting that big boss some people complaint about, Lamia? Well, maybe there will be a fix by then...

The boss we're talking about is a bit beyond the point where you're at right now, but you will get there! :)
I'm really glad you're enjoying the game.

Thanks for the update! Although now I have started over and am going to attempt to beat Lamia w/o the new build. Until I get annoyed then maybe will take the new one :)
TommyD
Wanderer

Postby Gorilla4 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:40 pm

Zulukat, I was wondering the same thing... I downloaded what was supposed to be the new build, but it is exactly the same file. So is it really a new one? Maybe Anima kept the same name for the file, I really don't know.... +::Dunno
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby ZuluKat » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:31 pm

Yeah, the battle plays longer but even with the healer's badge Raya still gets hit and immobilized. And frankly, I replayed this battle now over 25 times and still can't beat since the new download. It would be great if when Raya isn't immobilized if her Cure 2 could cure all players...I'm using less skills to fight and more to resuscitate and heal than anything and that's with def/mdf up. So I gave up being too frustrated. I can't imagine this battle on a hard mode if available +::fear I'd like to know how merryx got through this battle lol.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Gorilla4 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:47 pm

Merryx said he managed to petrified Lamia. It would be good to know how! But it would be nice if this boss and the other Merryx told us about would be more easy. I am always playing easy and I don't like when my head get hurts in the process. I am thinking of the final boss of the game Opaline. I like this game and it is one of my favorite but the final boss is really hard, with a lot of hp if I remember right. It never ended, no saving spot, and a feeling of lack of energy at the end...
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Gorilla4 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:42 pm

So I continued playing, and at level 8, I fought againts Tyr (the worst boss from Merryx experience). Surprisely, I thought, he was pretty much easy if you paralized him twice. He wouldn't hurt you a lot! So glad. So now, I will head for that Lamia. I am curious to see how it is for me...
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby TommyD » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:39 pm

Ok, was able to finally get past Lamia - just need to get lucky with the 'paralyze' spell.

It only worked once, but that's all that was needed.

Finished game in about 9 hours.

Now to find a new one...
TommyD
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers