Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Hymns of Resurrection

Re: New RPG: Hymns of Resurrection

Postby Gorilla4 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:04 pm

TommyD, yeah! I am so happy to ear that the job can be done! +::YAY Hope you find another great game!
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby MerryX » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:57 pm

Gorilla4 wrote:So I continued playing, and at level 8, I fought againts Tyr (the worst boss from Merryx experience). Surprisely, I thought, he was pretty much easy if you paralized him twice. He wouldn't hurt you a lot! So glad. So now, I will head for that Lamia. I am curious to see how it is for me...

Hi Gorilla4, TommyD and ZuluKat,

It seems I was damn lucky to paralyse the Lamia first go - and I think that's where I struggled with Tyr 'cause I tried to several times but it didn't work! It meant I was battling with a mad psychopath with an insane amount of HP and nasty hits. Can't remember what level I was but I definitely staggered away from that one +::fear

All the best and look forward to running across you guys again. I am currently replaying Moonchild and A Timely Intervention - and waiting on a new game +::whistle

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby ZuluKat » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:59 pm

Yayyyyy!!! I finally beat the Lamia! Isn't there supposed to be a Wyvern on the top of the Wyvern's area? I've been all over looking for the 3rd seal and Wyvern. Am I missing something I've gone back through and talked to everyone 3 x's, revisited everywhere. Since the boat is gone I realize the Wyvern is needed.
Gorilla, did you get this far yet?
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Gorilla4 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:18 pm

Zulukat, I didn't had time to play a lot. I am just entering the marshes, the way to Lamia. Cannot help you a lot. Good luck!

Merryx, yes I was lucky with Tyr. I hope I will be too for the other bosses... Moonchild and A timely intervention are so great! Enjoy!
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Mapster » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:25 pm

Why can't I use Ygritte's Aura Blade skill? I've had it for quite a while but it never has worked. And where do I get the Healer's Bade for Raya? Thanks
Mapster
Bard

Postby Gorilla4 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:40 pm

The healer badge can be find by doing a quest in the beginning, but if you are on the other side of the ocean, I think it is too late. But in fact, it did not protect anyone /from poison or anything else... I was asking myself the same question about Ygritte?? Maybe later in the game.

Hey guys, I finally succeed in winning over Lamia. It was sure a tough fight! Danza helped me a lot with paralysing her, and protecting everybody from her bad spells. I won after trying 5 times at level 14-15. I am keeping up...
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Mapster » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. I thought I had done every quest but must have missed one. Maybe Ygritte just needs a better sword? Anyway, now I have to figure out how to get the Lamia's Eye.
Mapster
Bard

Postby MerryX » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:00 am

ZuluKat wrote:Yayyyyy!!! I finally beat the Lamia! Isn't there supposed to be a Wyvern on the top of the Wyvern's area? I've been all over looking for the 3rd seal and Wyvern. Am I missing something I've gone back through and talked to everyone 3 x's, revisited everywhere. Since the boat is gone I realize the Wyvern is needed.

Congratulations!!! That's been an epic battle you've waged +::clap

I had trouble with finding the 3rd seal and Wyvern too and ended up caving and buying the guide +:oops:

It's still really sneaky - thanks, Anima +::biggrin - so you need to really hunt but one clue - as I just know you'll enjoy finding it yourself if you can - is think about where all the missing persons have been disappearing from? +::shhhh

If you find them, the story can progress ;)

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:13 am

Mapster wrote:Thanks for the reply. I thought I had done every quest but must have missed one. Maybe Ygritte just needs a better sword? Anyway, now I have to figure out how to get the Lamia's Eye.

Hi Mapster,

I was never able to use Ygritte's Aura Blade skill either - even with the strongest sword at the end. Maybe it's something Anima will be able to answer for us? +:::|

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:17 am

Gorilla4 wrote:Zulukat, I didn't had time to play a lot. I am just entering the marshes, the way to Lamia. Cannot help you a lot. Good luck!

Merryx, yes I was lucky with Tyr. I hope I will be too for the other bosses... Moonchild and A timely intervention are so great! Enjoy!

Thanks, Gorilla4 - I intend to have fun +::Dance

All the best with the other bosses here which all seem to be a challenge in one way or another +::lol

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:27 pm

MerryX wrote:
ZuluKat wrote:Yayyyyy!!! I finally beat the Lamia! Isn't there supposed to be a Wyvern on the top of the Wyvern's area? I've been all over looking for the 3rd seal and Wyvern. Am I missing something I've gone back through and talked to everyone 3 x's, revisited everywhere. Since the boat is gone I realize the Wyvern is needed.

Congratulations!!! That's been an epic battle you've waged +::clap

I had trouble with finding the 3rd seal and Wyvern too and ended up caving and buying the guide +:oops:

It's still really sneaky - thanks, Anima +::biggrin - so you need to really hunt but one clue - as I just know you'll enjoy finding it yourself if you can - is think about where all the missing persons have been disappearing from? +::shhhh

If you find them, the story can progress ;)

MerryX

Thanks MerryX I kept thinking that had something to do with where they were missing from...thanks for the reply! Also Aura blade didn't work at all for me either. All of you are great and thanks for the help! :)
Seems like Anima is learning from Indy about sneakiness +::Thumbup
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:31 pm

Gorilla4 wrote:Zulukat, I didn't had time to play a lot. I am just entering the marshes, the way to Lamia. Cannot help you a lot. Good luck!

Gorilla if you haven't played Laxius Party you'll really enjoy that one too! There are so many great games here. Forever Heroes is a definite too!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:20 pm

Finished, 11 hrs 11 min. I really enjoyed this game...and I take it a second game is in the making to defeat the Alandrans?
Still leaves a few characters up in the air since they were beaten which is nice for future. Nice weapons found before final battle. Characters were great also with the story line. This forum may have only had a few people but it was as active as we progressed through. Many thanks for that! I look forward to more Anima games. :)
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby GrannyC » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:11 pm

I too finished the game and I enjoyed it very much. I like straight forward games like this. The Lamia and the final battle were a breeze. I just let Danza use his paralyze magic spell every turn until everyone was paralyzed. +::YAY
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Postby Anima » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:34 pm

MerryX wrote:Hi Anima,

I have just finished the game and I did have a good time. I took about 11 hours to complete and got Calder and Ygritte up to Level 23, Damza Level 22, and Raya Level 21 (never caught up after leaving and returning to the team). Great names BTW 8)

Download was no problem and transferred easily from DEMO to FULL version. The mouse controls are much better in this game than Dei Lapis and Ultima Adventum - thank you +::Thumbup

The main story line was interesting, side quests fun, and good dialogue between characters and NPCs. Dungeons were fun, not too hard and did not feel repetitive - did manage to go through a couple earlier than I should have in the story (e.g. Wyvern) so may have lost Raya that levelling up experience. The bosses were tough - the worst one for me was Tyr. He just wouldn't lie down and die - how much HP did he have anyway!! +::O_o It sounds like I was lucky with the Lamia as I managed to paralyse it then hit it with everything I had (repeatedly).

I always felt somehow the game was a bit "light on" though with good graphics, etc but missed opportunities to put more stuff to interact with (e.g. more chests, other items to find, secret rooms, etc) for a fuller experience. I can never get enough of that +::biggrin Although, I have to say you were pretty sneaky with some of the dungeon corridors that I nearly missed +::lol

The other thing I noticed was the pace of levelling up and gaining new skills. For a long time for me the characters seemed to stagnate, with only a rapid levelling up and gaining new skills in the final dungeon. And I had certainly not skipped any fights along the way as I realised without re-spawning, levelling up was going to need every fight I could find! I don't know if I've explained this properly but I ended up finding I was relying on just a few skills, ignoring others completely, and then only getting some really useful skills including magic and TP right at the end. I would have enjoyed playing around with different combinations before then.

Overall, I think this is a good game and gave me an enjoyable time. And it sounds like there may even be the potential for a sequel...(hint, hint)

Many thanks for your hard work!

MerryX

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback! I'm happy to know you have enjoyed the game, and know that as always, I will take your suggestions under consideration for my next games. :)
Anima
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers