Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Aplestia Retold

Re: New RPG: Aplestia Retold

Postby sjr223 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:42 pm

In Dr. Gertrude's yard .... it will not allow me to input the numbers ....... says to input number of town, but will not take any number? I have the numbers ... but it won't take any. never mind .... I finally figured it out.
sjr223
Bard

Postby sjr223 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:09 am

IN the castle ..... are the passwords to be found in the castle? I have touched everything I could there. Or are they somewhere else? Thanks.
sjr223
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:11 am

Is the gameplay supposed to be so small? It looks like the screen is zoomed out and the characters and screen looks like it has shrunk.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby OrfeasGS » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:26 am

Hello guys! Apologies for not being active in the forums, but some issues came up irl and I am extremely busy.

@sjr223 Yes, there are four "secret numbers" (passwords) in the castle! You need them to open the last chest in the last room. These passwords are in plain sight, so you don't have to interact with anything. Here are some tips, to find them easier:
Spoiler: show
One number is on top of a round pillar in a starting area.
Another number is written on the wall, next to a lamp! The next number can be found on a table, after going up stairs.
Another number is on top of a wardrobe in a safe place!
Be sure to write them down!

I hope I helped!

@D-Squall That's weird... all my games have the same settings. Could you please hit the F4 key and see if anything changes? Note that, if you're on a laptop, you may need to press the Fn key to make the F keys work.

If you have an extremely good resolution (e.g. 4k) on your pc monitor, rpgmaker games could be shown as "zoomed out" or "microscopic", so try changing your resolution to a lower one and see if it works.

Does that happen with my other games/demos too?
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby D-Squall » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:19 am

Nope, Iit's not my computer is the sprites and resources from the game.

This is Forever Heroes screenshot:

And this is yours:

It looks way too small compared to the previous one, as if I'm at top of some places looking down.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby sjr223 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:01 pm

I found the 1st 3 passwords. Can't find the one of the wardrobe? They are really light on my computer and hard ti see. What is the one of the wardrobe please?
sjr223
Bard

Postby OrfeasGS » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:07 pm

Oh, the product screenshots are at 1920x1080 resolution and then resized to fit the site. The game will adapt to your monitor's native resolution. It's not supposed to be that zoomed out during the gameplay, because the game plays at a standard 1366x760 (classic laptop monitor) resolution. I don't know what causes this problem that you are reporting...

I will have to look into this issue when I get home. It would bother me, too, if I had to play like this.

If anyone encounters/ed this resolution problem, please post here on the forum, so I can get more info on this.

Sorry that I don't have an immediate solution, D-Squall. I need some more time.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby OrfeasGS » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:08 pm

sjr223 wrote:I found the 1st 3 passwords. Can't find the one of the wardrobe? They are really light on my computer and hard ti see. What is the one of the wardrobe please?

It's different for every playthrough.

Maybe check out the bedroom? You could find something there!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby sjr223 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:35 pm

Well ... I saw that one .... it is the one on the wall next to a lamp that I am missing? I don't see any lamps.
sjr223
Bard

Postby MerryX » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:24 am

Hi OrfeasGS,

Just finished and thoroughly enjoyed myself and would highly recommend this game to others +::YAY +::clap +::Dance

The story line was interesting and drew me in and along and the characters were well developed with fun dialogue. Liked the art work too - interesting and different enemies! I took around 14 hours taking my time and managed to get everyone up to Level 17. Game worked smoothly - I prefer to use a mouse and it worked a treat!

I kept getting interrupted by RL unfortunately so was worried I'd lose the thread by the time I got back to it - but the Quest Log and guide helped to keep me oriented. Can I just say the guide was impressive and must have taken you a lot of time and care to pull together. It was very comprehensive and formatted well - I had to take care to hold off checking it unless I really needed to :)

Lord Verdelite gave me a real headache and the whole team kept dying ignominiously when he threw Quake Quake. I also had a lot of trouble with a couple of the numbers for the Pillar, Wall, Table and Wardrobe - some of them were unclear. I took a guess on one, and for the table I just had to laboriously go through and eliminate each number! I completed all quests except missed 2 Super Secret Rooms - so clearly, I need to play it again! +::lol

Thank you again - I do remember playing the original version and enjoying it but this update is great - looking forward to more adventures with Britton, Marina, Rover and Summer +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby kimo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:00 pm

OrfeasGS wrote:
sjr223 wrote:I found the 1st 3 passwords. Can't find the one of the wardrobe? They are really light on my computer and hard ti see. What is the one of the wardrobe please?

It's different for every playthrough.

Maybe check out the bedroom? You could find something there!

The problem with the Wardrobe code number (Safe Bedroom) is that there is virtually no contrast between the code number and the wardrobe itself. There may be someone who cannot finish the game because of this issue.

I just finished the final castle after a few weeks of real life getting in the way. At last I will be able to get some gaming in and have some fun now that grape harvest season is over. I own the original Aplestia game and while it has been a couple of years since I played it, this game was an absolute hoot to play ... again?

Game length was a good 13+ hours and game balance was well done if anyone is wondering if it's worth the price. The manual (and this forum) is a must for future plays.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Madmar » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:23 pm

Three times the game has frozen forcing me to lose considerable progress. Once in the forest, once in town and the last time was in the clockwork tower. The game just freezes and I can not move. It is very frustrating. Any ideas.

It just did it again in the clockwork tower. Just won a fight, used an item and wham, no movement. +::surrender
Madmar
Explorer

Postby OrfeasGS » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:50 pm

Sorry guys for not being active on the forum. We had a family tragedy and I had to attend to the funeral. I am still in my hometown and I will return to my place later this week.

@MerryX Thank you so much for the nice words! It's true that I worked a lot on the guide, so your compliments are highly appreciated!! Like kimo said, I believe the "hidden numbers" in the castle are difficult due to the contrast. I will make them (at least) brighter or change the color in the next update. Oh, the next adventure of this team is going to be great! I am already half way through the development!

@kimo Yup, tottaly agree. The contrast is not... ideal. I'm going to change this and fix the passability issue that you found earlier, in the next update. Very happy that you liked the remade version of Aplestia!

@Madmar I haven't return to my place yet, so I can't really help you from here. Try right clicking on the icon and run the game as an Administrator. Hopefully it will smooth things out. Otherwise, save as much as you can. Sorry for this issue. I will look into it when I get back home.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Madmar » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:55 pm

thanks, I may have figured out the problem.
Madmar
Explorer

Postby ZuluKat » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:49 pm

I really enjoyed this version. I only had one problem and that was full screen kept jumping out to non full screen every time I went to items. It also did this during battles if backing up to change player's skills. It wasn't bad having to continue using F4 key just a pain. I will have to replay as I missed a couple things but I want to replay a couple other games first. Really need some new games from you until Laxius Soul comes out +::biggrin I did love these characters even a little more with their realizing it was an S quest mission and side characters gave me a laugh especially the guy that bought the ectoplasmic blob. Overall, yeah, it was worth buying and playing! +::Thumbup
ZuluKat
Explorer

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers