Postby Indinera » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:11 pm

CRADLE OF SOULS

$19.99

Image Image

This is the first game by Zenith Games.

Please also note that the game also comes with a 41-page $6.99 strategy guide:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

The Cradle of Souls is where all life begins and ends, the very spiral of humankind. A long time ago, humans started making bargains with Salazar, the Soul Emperor. In exchange of their soul, the Emperor gave them unnatural powers, they became inhumans.

The Soul War was waged between humans and inhumans for the control of the country of Alastria. After winning the long and bloody war, Alastria is enjoying peace, but not the King. His wife, the Queen Jolanda is sick with a dangerous disease. In charge of finding the antidote is Orlando, the veteran Crusader, and Saigo, the Demon Hunter. What will happen as consequences of this mission and it's outcome will change everything...

FEATURES:

Classic Storyline. Reminiscent of old-school JRPG classics
Classic party, with fun and intriguing interactions
Sidequest to complement the gameplay experience
Quest Journal to track your main quests and sidequests
Mouse support to those who prefer it

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :) +::Thumbup
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Cradle of Souls

Postby Gorilla4 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:33 pm

I just started the game. So far, I like it a lot! Old time game like it used to be... The hp of Orlando was low in the first dungeon. But the gameplay is (for now) standard. The story is great. Better play with a controler because some chests won't open with a mouse automatically. In general, it is a must buy for me. THANKS! +::YAY
Last edited by Gorilla4 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby poetforhim726 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:42 pm

Bought the game and have been enjoying it so far HOWEVER! I am stuck. I have been following the guide closely, but when I get to the Sentinel Forest, what side quest is there? I went ahead, defeated all the monsters, went and beat Elphaba rescued the people in the cave and then tried to leave to get back to the boat and cannot enter the cave. What am I doing wrong? +::sos +::sos +::sos I am getting frustrated!
poetforhim726
Wanderer

Postby gmz26 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:21 pm

About how long is the game length? Looking forward to trying the game +::heart
gmz26
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:22 pm

This is certainly not a bug, but definitely what I would consider a flaw...
In order to initiate the conversation/battle with Elphaba, you have to step on a square that's 3 or 4 squares directly in front of her. This means you can reach her by traveling one above or one below that square and never initiate anything. Even if you press ENTER directly in front of her, nothing happens. I thought it was a statue and left that area wondering where to go next. I retraced all my steps and entered that area again and this time I approached her from the middle row and did initiate the battle. I would suggest the tiles above and below that one single tile should trigger the battle as well. Either that or arrange your map so that it narrows to that one square forcing the player to step onto it.

Otherwise, the game plays well. I have 4 hours into it and have now been directed to seek out a hermit, so for those who ask how long the game is, maybe 5 hours? I'll come back with a truer play time once I finish.

It's nice to see a game that doesn't rely upon a string of expletives to get its point across. I rather like that the protagonist is a seasoned warrior but extremely polite and empathetic to regular village folks. It gives him a distinct personality, someone you can both trust and depend upon.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby catman3 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:46 pm

I also beat Elphaba but can't get back to the boat because the cave is blocked. Since the enemies don't respawn, it is easy to beat the dungeons by going back to reheal at the nearest sparkling water after each battle.
catman3
Wanderer

Postby poetforhim726 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:10 pm

@Lady Bounty Hunter! Thank you. I will try that! I too thought it was a statue! Thanks for the reply. I too like the fact that the lead character is a "Seasoned" Veteran who is kind to all he meets. I think the flaw is in the guide because it was not explained well enough. Most of the game I have played so far, I did not rely on the guide, but did go back to read it when I go stuck. Much love! +::heart +::heart +::heart
poetforhim726
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:18 pm

@Catwoman3-same here. You can't get back to Sentinel Lake to get back to the boat, so this is a definite GAMESTOPPER! I find it a little disconcerting that the developer hasn't popped in yet. Until he or she does, the game cannot be continued and I'd advise everyone to hold off on buying this game until an update has been provided. I wonder what the return policy is?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:26 pm

I'm told this has been fixed.
Please reinstall the game and see if it works.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:09 pm

Lady JJ wrote:@Catwoman3-same here. You can't get back to Sentinel Lake to get back to the boat, so this is a definite GAMESTOPPER! I find it a little disconcerting that the developer hasn't popped in yet. Until he or she does, the game cannot be continued and I'd advise everyone to hold off on buying this game until an update has been provided. I wonder what the return policy is?

Thanks for the heads up. I enjoyed the demo, but needed to finish another game (Aplestia Retold) before buying this one. Now I'm really curious about game length. Anything less than 10 hours should be under $15 IMHO. Also, this game has some basic passability issues in the demo which indicates a lack of thorough beta testing so I'm not too surprised some people have been stopped dead in their tracks.

Now that I'm done abusing grapes, it will be fun to get some playtime back. Talk with you soon.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:17 am

Playing Time: 5:00:52
In all honesty, I would expect a $20 game to have at least a 15 hour gaming experience. The game is very easy, and it gets easier as you go along. In the next to last dungeon, the Hermit's Cave, not one single monster did a single point of damage. It was either a miss or hit for 0 damage. Then I got to the last dungeon. Same thing. Not one single point of damage. And the final showdown was a 2 hit and done. Not what I would have expected for the final boss battle. So that was a bit of a disappointment. And I couldn't find any credits. I usually like to see who contributed graphics and plugins and even visit the developer's website if there's one.
Still, there were some enjoyable parts. I did enjoy the battle with Balthasar. And, as I said previously, I did like the protagonist's character.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby catman3 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:40 am

Downloaded the "cure" for the tunnel. Was replaying from the beginning. Just after getting the boat, I went back to the jail to kill some guards I'd avoided. Went into the jail and found the fairy and the hunter still in their cells, although they were non-responsive. Is this another minor bug?
catman3
Wanderer

Postby D-Squall » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:06 pm

Lady JJ wrote:Playing Time: 5:00:52
In all honesty, I would expect a $20 game to have at least a 15 hour gaming experience. The game is very easy, and it gets easier as you go along. In the next to last dungeon, the Hermit's Cave, not one single monster did a single point of damage. It was either a miss or hit for 0 damage. Then I got to the last dungeon. Same thing. Not one single point of damage. And the final showdown was a 2 hit and done. Not what I would have expected for the final boss battle. So that was a bit of a disappointment. And I couldn't find any credits. I usually like to see who contributed graphics and plugins and even visit the developer's website if there's one.
Still, there were some enjoyable parts. I did enjoy the battle with Balthasar. And, as I said previously, I did like the protagonist's character.

Really? Monsters that dealt 0 to 1 damage? Well, there is one of two explanations for this: or either the developer forgot to update the monster database or maybe he/she was so eager to sell the game that he/she didn't cared.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Zenith » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:05 pm

Hello everyone, game developer here. Sorry for the absence, I was waiting for my registration's validation, I should have should have done It earlier. However, I kept a close eye here and worked on the fixes and sent them to update. A new build with an improved battle balancing is already available, the last Boss perishing too quickly was indeed an oversight.
Zenith
Wanderer

Postby polarbr » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:35 pm

Yeah... I'm stuck trying to get through the tunnel/cave in the Sentinel Forest Trail and can't. I went back into the Unholy Caren to see if I missed anything when I beat the boss in there earlier. I'm just stuck.

If there's an update, how do we get it? Feeling let down at this point.
Please advise developer.
polarbr
Wanderer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers