Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Baptism of Fire

Baptism of Fire

Postby Indinera » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:21 pm

BAPTISM OF FIRE

$14.99

Image Image

This is the first game by A Thousand Myths.

Please also note that the game also comes with a 55-page $4.99 strategy guide:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

Zasker and Eleena, two rangers from a small village, are one day entrusted with an errand that will change their fates forever. What at first was just another ranger duty, becomes the duty of champions trusted to protect the whole country's safety. In a race against time and against the former Champion Jorgen, Zasker and his party must secure all three Volgaia Shards to save the country from total ruin.

FEATURES:

Storyline inspired by the classics!
Sidequests to bring in more depth to the gameplay!
Ultimate weapons to discover!
Mouse Support!
Quest Journal to keep track of your objectives!
Rich world with many varying locations!
Classical looking anime artwork reminiscent of the great classics!

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :) +::Thumbup
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Baptism of Fire

Postby gmz26 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:55 pm

About how long is the game length? Looking forward to trying out your game.
gmz26
Wanderer

Postby Gorilla4 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:58 pm

This game is totally my style. It looks really nice. I don't have time these days. But give me minimun 3 weeks and I will buy it for sure. The price is cool. So see you in a sec! +::heart
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Gorilla4 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:43 pm

Ok, I managed to take the time to try the game actually! It is really fun as expect. So for me it is a definit buy! The gamelay is smooth. The graphics and musics are classical. Nicely done. If I find any bug, I let you know. But I am a slow player (I play with many games at the time) so I may not leave the feedbacks right now (or may, you never know!). Thanks!
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Myth » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:17 pm

I'm the game developer behind Baptism of Fire. I'm very happy to know that you have found the time to play and that you like what you have seen so far. I hope you keep enjoying the game. I'm here if you need my help.
Myth
Peasant

Postby ZuluKat » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:40 pm

Hi! I got an error in the Hall of Fire area...
Unable to find file
Graphics/Parallaxes/bg_image01
Then game froze and had to reboot to close. Other than that no other problems.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby gmz26 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:27 pm

I enjoyed the demo so far, I like the traditional rpg gameplay. I am holding off til I find out the game length. If anyone knows the length of play or if the developer would let me know. So far, great game.
gmz26
Wanderer

Postby Myth » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:01 pm

ZuluKat wrote:Hi! I got an error in the Hall of Fire area...
Unable to find file
Graphics/Parallaxes/bg_image01
Then game froze and had to reboot to close. Other than that no other problems.

ZuluKat, the error was tracked down and fixed. A new build was sent to upload, I will let you know when it's available.

gmz26 wrote:I enjoyed the demo so far, I like the traditional rpg gameplay. I am holding off til I find out the game length. If anyone knows the length of play or if the developer would let me know. So far, great game.

I would say it's about 10 to 15 hours long, depending on your play style.
Myth
Peasant

Postby Myth » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:44 pm

The patched build is available! :)
Myth
Peasant

Postby MerryX » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:35 am

Hello Myth,

I have just finished your game and I quite enjoyed it. I took about 7 hours and got the characters up to Level 21. The last battle was quite a saga - head's up, people - have plenty of healing items! I nearly got wiped out but managed to scramble through.

The patch worked with the error ZuluKat mentioned - thank you - but I ran into a couple of other issues after that. In Temple of Fire 1F-4 the flame had dialogue that was written in an Asian language so not understandable to me +::Dunno and the ultimate weapon Tenken was supposedly Attack +100 but ended up when equipped reducing Eleena's Attack to 1 +::O_o so I couldn't use it +::cry

Other than that the game ran pretty smoothly for me - I prefer using a mouse although I'm starting to think I may give a controller a go! Hopefully I'm not too set in my ways to change +::biggrin

I think I managed to get all the side quests which I liked as it builds out the story and allows you to level up. As far as I know I fought every single enemy I could find - especially since they didn't re-spawn! Nice variety of interesting enemies. I found it difficult to figure out their particular weaknesses (e.g., I would have thought the mummies could have been weak to fire but it didn't seem to be) - so I just kept pounding away and hoping for the best ;)

Thanks again,

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Myth » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:36 pm

Hello MerryX,

I am happy to know you have enjoyed the game. The issues you have mentioned have been fixed and a patched build was already sent to update.

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write the feedback you have written. Giving the enemies elemental weaknesses is a great idea that I shall implement.

All the best,
Myth.
Myth
Peasant

Postby Gorilla4 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:06 pm

Hi Myth! Does this new update is already available? Will you make a new build for the enemies weaked to fire? Thank you!
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Gorilla4 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:50 pm

Yes I think the new update is out. The file's name has changed... And I want to thank MerryX for her or his review. Your light will be used later in my game. +::kiss
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Myth » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:56 pm

Hello Gorilla4,

Yes, the patched build has been available for the past 24 hours if I'm not mistaken.
Myth
Peasant

Postby blootooth » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:30 am

Another game without monsters respawning? No fun for me. So won't buy.
blootooth
Wanderer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers