Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Baptism of Fire

Re: New RPG: Baptism of Fire

Postby Gorilla4 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:42 pm

Hi bloothooth, it is not a nice thing to say to a developper. If this game is not your style, please keep it to yourself. Or just create the game that you like and leave us players in peace. This forum is about the gaming of this game not saying if you would buy it or not. For me, it was exactly like I wanted and I gave a positive review to boost the developper. We want more games, not the opposite!
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby ZuluKat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:47 pm

Ok, got the last two updates. Wish I had waited for the latest update and yes the final boss battle is insane. Still trying to beat it but leaving it for now after quite a few times. Good game overall and for some reason the music fits even though I know it's a traditional music for this kind of game (which is nostalgic) it would be nice to have a different set of music but, that's just my opinion. Having not finished the boss battle I can't give honest game length but I'm at almost 8 hrs. I really liked the story as it has a classic taste for this kind of game.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby kimo » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:05 am

Gorilla4 wrote:Hi bloothooth, it is not a nice thing to say to a developper. If this game is not your style, please keep it to yourself. Or just create the game that you like and leave us players in peace. This forum is about the gaming of this game not saying if you would buy it or not. For me, it was exactly like I wanted and I gave a positive review to boost the developper. We want more games, not the opposite!

Non-respawning monsters would be the reason for me buying this in the future. +::clap

I really enjoy when monster EXP and player levels are balanced so you are at the "right" level as you progress in a game as long as you eliminate every baddie in your path. The only exception would be places like caves where it would be nearly impossible to eliminate everything because there are always bugs and other stuff hiding in nooks and crannies.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:47 pm

Gorilla4 wrote:Hi bloothooth, it is not a nice thing to say to a developper. If this game is not your style, please keep it to yourself. Or just create the game that you like and leave us players in peace. This forum is about the gaming of this game not saying if you would buy it or not. For me, it was exactly like I wanted and I gave a positive review to boost the developper. We want more games, not the opposite!

fellow dev here*

I appreciate your sentiment.
No one likes to just get shit on lol.

It's tricky because some people love monsters that re spawn others hate it..
a fair amount of people want to power level so they can fight the first boss at lvl 99 hahaha

you can't ever really please everyone but we can try our best to make a good game that is at least enjoyable

different mechanics are preferred by some, hated by others.
a delicate balance really!

was this the devs first game?
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Myth » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:22 pm

I appreciate the sentiment as well, though I can understand her side of things as well. Thanks for the good word.

ZuluKat wrote:Ok, got the last two updates. Wish I had waited for the latest update and yes the final boss battle is insane. Still trying to beat it but leaving it for now after quite a few times. Good game overall and for some reason the music fits even though I know it's a traditional music for this kind of game (which is nostalgic) it would be nice to have a different set of music but, that's just my opinion. Having not finished the boss battle I can't give honest game length but I'm at almost 8 hrs. I really liked the story as it has a classic taste for this kind of game.

Focus on the healer first, then on Lola and finally the big guy. That is the best strategy. Thank you for the feedback so far. Good luck with the boss battle and let me know how it goes.

kimo wrote:

Non-respawning monsters would be the reason for me buying this in the future. +::clap

I really enjoy when monster EXP and player levels are balanced so you are at the "right" level as you progress in a game as long as you eliminate every baddie in your path. The only exception would be places like caves where it would be nearly impossible to eliminate everything because there are always bugs and other stuff hiding in nooks and crannies.

If you do end up playing it in the future, please let me know your thoughts on it.

crawfors wrote:

fellow dev here*

I appreciate your sentiment.
No one likes to just get shit on lol.

It's tricky because some people love monsters that re spawn others hate it..
a fair amount of people want to power level so they can fight the first boss at lvl 99 hahaha

you can't ever really please everyone but we can try our best to make a good game that is at least enjoyable

different mechanics are preferred by some, hated by others.
a delicate balance really!

was this the devs first game?

This is my first commercial game, yes. I have been playing with RM for quite a while though.
Myth
Peasant

Postby Scorpios » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:55 pm

Hi reallyenjoying game but now not so much LOL. I am at sun Oasis and all of the sudden mouse not working! I almost need mouse becuse of arthritis infingers and going through oasis looking for herbs is quite taxing. Is there anything that can be done to correct this. I went back a few saves and mouse is working By the way it works intermittenly
Beware the Scorpion Sting!
Scorpios
Wanderer

Postby Myth » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:56 am

Hmm, that is odd. If you went back a couple of saves and it worked, have you tried just loading your most recent save file again?

That is no solution, I just would like to know if it going on and off is a general problem or something to do with a specific save file.
Myth
Peasant

Postby Scorpios » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:00 pm

Myth wrote:Hmm, that is odd. If you went back a couple of saves and it worked, have you tried just loading your most recent save file again?

That is no solution, I just would like to know if it going on and off is a general problem or something to do with a specific save file.

ok it os working somewhat but it never really workrd from the start. I could travel but not interact with doors, people ot things in general.
Scorpios
Wanderer

Postby Scorpios » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:30 pm

Hi All
Nice to see at east someone beat this game. Congrats MerryX, I tried 10 times to win that insane final battle At level 21 i think I have all the top weapons etc have a ton of healng items But all this is not much use when they shoot first and silence everyone I'll put this one on hold till later
Scorpios
Wanderer

Re: Baptism of Fire

Postby Gorilla4 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:00 pm

I really liked this game. Yes in fact, the final boss was a challenge (I don't regret). I won on the first shot by starting with the minions of the BB. From left to rigth, but not the center (center at the end afte the others). You have to lower the attack and defence of the BB and heal a lot, not always counting on the healer of the group (for most part she was dead; after the second minion was out, I resurrected the healer ---I could not before because the second minion keep attacking her, it was a waste of energy). Well, thank you Myth! +::heart
Gorilla4
Bard

Re: Baptism of Fire

Postby Myth » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:38 am

Thank you for the kind comments. I remember you saying you were going to play the game when it released, though you couldn't do it right then, and indeed you played it. I'm happy you enjoyed it.
Myth
Peasant

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers