Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Tiranogg

Re: New RPG: Tiranogg

Postby polarbr » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:10 am

I'm stuck in the Morai Research Plant. I got beat bad by one of the robot guards and headed back to the transfer crystal and noticed the symbol on the wall behind it and found Gus the Metallurgist through there, but when I came out of Gus's place, every time I try to transfer out with the crystal, the red double gates are closed and I can't get out of the research plant. Is there something I have to do to get those gates opened again? I suppose that the items I used to push the floor switches to open them originally, have defaulted to their original locations.

Thanks!
polarbr
Wanderer

Postby kimo » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:47 pm

@ZuluKat
Then thanks to you for the "Guard" advice. It continues to be a great choice when used properly. +:oops:

@ Luchi
The "Swift Garb" package from Trader/Merchant in Leitrin Coast contains a Mana Charm and another item. You may want to examine the packages you created for the correct contents. Maybe your items list has been modified after creating the packages.

@polarbr
Did you talk to Gus several times? He gives you an item you will apparently need later in the game. Maybe that's is causing a trigger issue. I don't have any notes on this as it seemed somewhat linear. I just moved every switch I found and I guess I got lucky. Don't assume anything with resetting areas in this game. Some things reset, some do not. Good luck.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:18 pm

@polarbr - Have you finished with the Research Center? You should have come to a blue crystal blocking your path followed by a cutscene, then you are transported back to Danu's place. You can get back to Gus' place by going into Mogria, follow the alleyway to the left of the item shop to the wall, take a left and there's a question mark where you can enter the building directly above Gus. Take the stairs down and you'll be with Gus. Earlier in the game, this exit/entrance was blocked off, but the pathway opens when you've completed the research center.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Rabbit » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:53 pm

Finished the game, and enjoyed it a lot, despite numerous little bugs. I thought I'd try out the new version. But I can't download it. Aparently, when I purchased Tiranogg, the download link expired after only 4 days. :(
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby kimo » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:54 pm

Rabbit wrote:Finished the game, and enjoyed it a lot, despite numerous little bugs. I thought I'd try out the new version. But I can't download it. Aparently, when I purchased Tiranogg, the download link expired after only 4 days. :(

Let Indy know. My link was good until Dec. (1 month) and I downloaded the new version this afternoon. I also found out the download site doesn't like VPN's and will block the download. Did you try to enter both the product ID and code on the alternate download site?

@Luchi
I just defeated Indech at the top of the tower (don't ever tell me something is not possible) and then the game froze with a dead Indech telling me I couldn't win (WANNA BET?!). +::grrr Not fair after such a long battle that did require some serious thought. I hope this has been fixed in the new release.

EDIT: And now the party is invisible even after talking to Danu. Also, is the chest at the top of the tower supposed to be accessible? What have I done "wrong" (i.e out of order) to become invisible?

EDIT (Part2): The problem still occurs with the new version. After considerable testing, the freeze does not happen when you answer "Don't Skip" to both scenes involved in this battle. I have no idea what's causing it when you win this battle, though. This is a game breaker that does need to be fixed.

EDIT (Part 3): The new Quest Log says to press <X> to continue, but you need to press <Z> to continue.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby polarbr » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:21 am

@LadyJJ

Did you talk to Gus several times? He gives you an item you will apparently need later in the game. Maybe that's is causing a trigger issue. I don't have any notes on this as it seemed somewhat linear. I just moved every switch I found and I guess I got lucky. Don't assume anything with resetting areas in this game. Some things reset, some do not. Good luck.

I did talk to Gus again and got the item from him. I can't complete through the research center - once I get to the level where there's the secret door to Gus, I can't kill the robot guard on that level. Once you start the battle sequence it's 6 guards that go first and within that first round it kills off two of my team and the next round the other two. Is there a hint about killing those guys?
polarbr
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:27 am

@kimo-I reported that game breaking bug last week (winning the battle), but I think by pm. As for the invisibility, if you enter Gorhan (?sp) Port, your party will become visible again.
@polarbr-I just replayed that part as this is just where I am in my playthrough with the new version. Looks like you're stuck there until you beat those guards. I went after the Dark Captain Alphas first.
Laine/Alexandra-Starlight sword (captain)
Pat/Terra rod-Lux II
Cillian/Ilian Spear-Rally Guard II (or I if you don't have II) to decrease damage
Siglund/Pewter axe-Lunar barrage or Umbral Strike (captain)
These were my weapons, but just use the best you have. You may need to get lucky to keep everyone alive that first round. You should have at least 3 regen equips: Atrues shield, Renewal bracelet, Vitas ring. That will help 3 characters. Once you take out the first captain, go for the second. Don't be afraid to use Laine as a healer while the captains are alive. Pat can do a quick heal and then mercy each round. Take each foe out one by one but get those captains first. With the captains out of the way, the others are much more manageable. When you're down to just one foe, have everybody guard for several rounds to get their MP back up in case there's one more battle. I don't remember there being another after this, but just to be sure, get your MP back up.

@Luchi-Another missing file, this during the cutscene at Danu's just before Ianni joins party
Missed Graphic File:Graphics/Characters/Sianna_sad
(Maybe the file was mistyped with that S in front of ianna?)
The game continued, though, so it wasn't game breaking.

Also, it is still possible to pass through the capital city via the trees upper row and reach Kraus (where you encounter some conversations as though Trabant were with you), grab a Sidhe stone, and even enter the desert from the other side. This passability error with the two trees needs to be fixed.

On a positive note, the Quest Journal is making all the difference in the world. It's about as simplistic as you can get but it works beautifully. Great job with this addition. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Luchi » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:11 am

I'll contact Indy about the download links. Most of the bugs mentioned throughout this thread have been ironed out along with the addition of the Quest Journal in version 1.1

Though a word of warning if you are playing the new version: It was a tiny oversight but in the beginning of the game, if you talk to Elbert twice, the game will crash because I forgot to remove one line of code >< So for new players playing the updated version, please keep this in mind. Otherwise, everything works fine. Also, your old saves are perfectly compatible with the new version as well!

Also, I'm really sorry if I can't get to your queries asap; I work full-time and I'm working on my second game :D
Luchi
Peasant

Postby kimo » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:04 pm

I found a tome called "Maelstorm" and equipped it on Ianna, but the spell is not available to cast. I know it's powerful having been on the receiving end of it. So, is this a glitch or am I missing something here? +::Dunno
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:10 am

i met with Cillian and Siglud aftewr talking to krei then went back and talked to krei then tried to talk to philip
the old man but hes asleep so how do i wake him up or do i go to port first
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:15 pm

@Blumyst-I'm pretty sure the Philip you want to talk to is the one who has a crush on Laine. He lives next door to the armory/weapon shop in Landen. He'll give Laine a better sword. Also, be sure to stop by and visit Clannad, the alchemist who lives in the house behind Laine's home. She'll give Laine 3 bombs. Then, you can head over to Gorain Port,

As an update, I finished my second playthrough. Unlike the first, I didn't waste time trying to figure out where to go, thanks to the Quest Journal, and I didn't spend time leveling my players.

First Playthrough
Laine Lvl 83
Tristian Lvl 42
Siglud Lvl 57
Patrick Lvl 60
Trabant Lvl 56
Ianna Lvl 58
Cillian Lvl 54
Playing Time 31:36:17

Second Playthrough
Laine Lvl 65
Tristian Lvl 42
Siglud Lvl 48
Patrick Lvl 58
Trabant Lvl 48
Ianna Lvl 39
Cillian Lvl 47
Playing Time 22:29:05

Even knowing where to go and what to do the game playing time exceeded 22 hours.

I did encounter a missing audio file which I know was reported before this update
Missed File:Audio/BGM/05 - L'hymne de la Guerra des Paquerettes
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:49 pm

Lady JJ wrote:@Blumyst-I'm pretty sure the Philip you want to talk to is the one who has a crush on Laine. He lives next door to the armory/weapon shop in Landen. He'll give Laine a better sword. Also, be sure to stop by and visit Clannad, the alchemist who lives in the house behind Laine's home. She'll give Laine 3 bombs. Then, you can head over to Gorain Port,

As an update, I finished my second playthrough. Unlike the first, I didn't waste time trying to figure out where to go, thanks to the Quest Journal, and I didn't spend time leveling my players.

First Playthrough
Laine Lvl 83
Tristian Lvl 42
Siglud Lvl 57
Patrick Lvl 60
Trabant Lvl 56
Ianna Lvl 58
Cillian Lvl 54
Playing Time 31:36:17

Second Playthrough
Laine Lvl 65
Tristian Lvl 42
Siglud Lvl 48
Patrick Lvl 58
Trabant Lvl 48
Ianna Lvl 39
Cillian Lvl 47
Playing Time 22:29:05

Even knowing where to go and what to do the game playing time exceeded 22 hours.

I did encounter a missing audio file which I know was reported before this update
Missed File:Audio/BGM/05 - L'hymne de la Guerra des Paquerettes

wow LadyJJ thanks and those are good levels
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Luchi » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:06 am

@kimo: Did you get the spell Comet by any chance? (it's also pretty powerful XD)

@LadyJJ: That's some seriously impressive levels. Perhaps I should change Tiranogg's playtime from 10-15 hours to 15-20 hours when I put it up on Steam (releasing on the 29th of this month)

Indy has updated the new version of the game with the missing file and bug errors.
Luchi
Peasant

Postby kimo » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:40 pm

Luchi wrote:@kimo: Did you get the spell Comet by any chance? (it's also pretty powerful XD)
Indy has updated the new version of the game with the missing file and bug errors.

@Luchi
Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't solve the problem that the Maelstrom/Maelstorm spell doesn't appear to work. And telling me to buy a 20,000 kr spell certainly isn't a fix of the problem. It's obvious you have put a lot of work into the story, but the constant issues with game mechanics are getting to me.

Has the new version fixed the Maelstrom problem and have you also insured the kit descriptions match the contents acquired?

I think this is a 20 hour game if a player like @LadyJJ has played it at that time. I think it will take most people hours longer during a first play through just figuring out the skills (JP) strategy.

Also, you really need to reevaluate your use of a quest journal. Journals are typically task related/focused (like telling the player the need to build a special sword and offer it to the shrine pedestal). But, having any journal telling what's next is certainly better than nothing.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:12 pm

kimo wrote:
Luchi wrote:@kimo: Did you get the spell Comet by any chance? (it's also pretty powerful XD)

@Luchi
Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't solve the problem that the Maelstrom/Maelstorm spell doesn't appear to work. And telling me to buy a 20,000 kr spell certainly isn't a fix of the problem. It's obvious you have put a lot of work into the story, but the constant issues with game mechanics are getting to me.

Has the new version fixed the Maelstrom problem and have you also insured the kit descriptions match the contents acquired?

I think this is a 20 hour game if a player like @LadyJJ has played it at that time. I think it will take most people hours longer during a first play through just figuring out the skills (JP) strategy.

Also, you really need to reevaluate your use of a quest journal. Journals are typically task related/focused (like telling the player the need to build a special sword and offer it to the shrine pedestal). But, having any journal telling what's next is certainly better than nothing.

It actually does takesomepeople 15-20 hours or more to play thru no matter if its the 1 or any other time cause most people have rl (real Iife) thingsto take care of. They dont just sit and play thru forseveral hours and dont really
timje themselves
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers