Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Magnificence

Re: New RPG: Magnificence

Postby bgillisp » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:29 pm

Madmar wrote:Thanks for the input. I have tried reinstalling the game, no help. My computer is a 2020, so it is brand new and the drivers should be up to date. I guess I can't finish the game. Where is Lumen??

Not always. Sometimes the preinstalled ones are actually really bad and you have to find new ones instead. I do know that when it comes to MV games my older PC can play them fine, but that freeze up on graphics while sound still plays happens randomly on my newer PC. Its something in a newer driver that is messing with it.

I haven't had time to play with my new PC yet due to work to try to fix it, but if I find a way to I'll let you know.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby jkweath » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:23 am

@bgillisp

I know the problem you and the others are talking about - I asked about it on the RMWeb board awhile back and IIRC I actually got a solution that worked (it's a small plugin)

...unfortunately I dug through the last 2 years of my posts and couldn't find the thread I made with the solution inside. It's been awhile apparently.

Anyway sorry I'm not helpful, but I wanted to post here to let the dev know that there *is* a solution to the freezing problem being discussed, I'm just having a hard time finding it at the moment!

EDIT: I dug through my plugins and found the code. However, I didn't realize that this game might have been made in VXAce. If so, this code won't work as it's only for MV. My bad!

But if it was made in MV, the developer can create a plugin and copy-paste this code into it to fix the freezing problem:

Code: Select all
//FREEZE FIX

(function($) {$ = Graphics.render;Graphics.render = function(stage){if (this._skipCount <= 0){this._skipCount = 0;} $.apply(this, arguments);};})();
jkweath
Bard

Postby bgillisp » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:01 am

Good to know! That's why I posted on it too, as I wanted to see if there is a code fix too. Still though I will say Nvida drivers that come with PCs are often bad too, so if you have Nvida cards may still want to try to get a better driver somehow as it may affect more than just RPGMaker games in the future.

But good to know there is an MV solution too. Too bad I can't get all those devs who made MV games to apply it.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby Lumen » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:14 pm

Yes Magnificence is VX Ace, like all my other games.
I've never had any freeze and nobody else has reported any similar issue either. In general it's a case of the graphics card not working properly so I'd recommend checking the drivers and updating whatever can be updated.
Lumen
Wanderer

Postby Gorilla4 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:52 am

Hi Lumen, I got a problem here... after the perfume room (where it freeze if you pass a certain point) I saved Victoria, entered accidentaly in the crypt and talked to the king. But Victoria is not in the party anymore. The king give her another chance. She supposed to be with the party heading to town but there is only two men in the party. Even if you enter again the crypt, she still do not reappear! Please help!
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Gorilla4 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:52 am

Ok, there is a big B___ here. Where Georgina (not Victoria was abducked). I didnt get Maurice in the party. The game continue. I see him talking but he is not in the party. The game progress. I go to the crypt without Georgina and Maurice in the party. I will try to get back to the point it bugged. Maybe I put my character somewhere he shoudn't like in the perfume room where it freezed...
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Gorilla4 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:51 am

I know what is happening. In the sewer, Victoria is abducked by Maurice. We have to find them. Going back to were we were, but if you miss the place with the spikes down on the left and go right, youll continue the game with the two character not being in the party. The game progress without having really them! Really hard in the crypt in fact! Few! I am glad I found where the error was.
Lumen you should block the way to the right so that the party has the only choice of going left, right to Maurice...
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Lumen » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:36 pm

I've blocked the way to the right, thanks for the report.
Lumen
Wanderer

Postby blumyst » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:46 pm

Hi Lumen,
It would be great if you could also add "Auto" when in battle. You have fight and escape
thats great but auto would help when there several in the team and also a ring or
necklace or something that can either be found or bought thats does everything
like protect the wearer of all status ailments and magic.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Gorilla4 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:21 pm

+::Dance The game was awsome. A good replay value. So much battles, stuffs and dialogues. The ending was so nice. For a future game, you can put a save spot before an ending like this so we can take the time to really enjoy it. I am the kind of players who is playing like a squirrels, little by little. So after bosses, I just want to go home and finish the game. In general, lots of fun, quality game. Thank you very much, Lumen and Indy for giving us the opportunity to play +::heart
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Gorilla4 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:25 am

Lol, your next game should be called "Victoria's vengeance". Here is the plot. Victoria want to take the place of the king and is really tired of the male supremacy. She would create a party of women mostly with only one man, the weaker of the team. The party would be called Victoria's Amazons. What do you think about that? :razz:
Gorilla4
Bard

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers