Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Magnificence

Re: New RPG: Magnificence

Postby MONCHA5 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:54 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
ZuluKat wrote:
Spoiler: show
How did you get past that big gold gate lol I'm going in circles trying to find a way

There may have been more than 1 gold gate, but this is the one I remember. I"m assuming you're in the Death Shrine? If you haven't rescued Victoria yet, you'll need to go to the square building with the red pentagram on its roof and do that. When you return to the Death Shrine go back into that building and there's a green floor button. This opens the gold gate. If this isn't the gate you need opened, give me a few more details as to where exactly it is.

I already rscued victoria and I am at legendary library. Where to go now?
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:12 pm

ZuluKat wrote:I've got the King crew after going completely through the Death Shrine minus Hunter. It's the big Gold gate after fighting the Skeletal dragon north of the dragon. I'm going to run through the area one more time. I was thinking that red button that the King escaped from might be the clue but I can't figure out how to get the spikes down.

@ZuluKat, I'll go back to a save before that time and get back to you.

@Monchas, you need to find the king. What have you done thus far? Have you gotten beyond the 3 buttons and gotten to the area with the 2 red buttons?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:19 pm

MONCHA5 wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:
ZuluKat wrote:
How did you get past that big gold gate lol I'm going in circles trying to find a way

There may have been more than 1 gold gate, but this is the one I remember. I"m assuming you're in the Death Shrine? If you haven't rescued Victoria yet, you'll need to go to the square building with the red pentagram on its roof and do that. When you return to the Death Shrine go back into that building and there's a green floor button. This opens the gold gate. If this isn't the gate you need opened, give me a few more details as to where exactly it is.

I already rscued victoria and I am at legendary library. Where to go now?

In the Library you need to hit all the switches.
There is a boss battle once you get through to the bottom area which is a tough battle so make sure you are fully healed. When you get to the last button use a seven winds to get out of the spikes.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby MONCHA5 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:59 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
ZuluKat wrote:I've got the King crew after going completely through the Death Shrine minus Hunter. It's the big Gold gate after fighting the Skeletal dragon north of the dragon. I'm going to run through the area one more time. I was thinking that red button that the King escaped from might be the clue but I can't figure out how to get the spikes down.

@Monchas, you need to find the king. What have you done thus far? Have you gotten beyond the 3 buttons and gotten to the area with the 2 red buttons?

I am in the area with a book case, victoria says "there is something odd", but I dont know what to do!! +::sos
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby MONCHA5 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:11 pm

MONCHA5 wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:

I am in the area with a book case, victoria says "there is something odd", but I dont know what to do!! +::sos

I already pressed the 2 red buttons, where is the king?
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:27 pm

MONCHA5 wrote:I am in the area with a book case, victoria says "there is something odd", but I dont know what to do!! +::sos

That's the book case you need. Go back to, I think the area with the red buttons, maybe up the ladder, I'm not sure but I'll check on it. There's something to read that will trigger that book case into letting you activate it. Give me a little bit of time and I'll tell you more specifically where that it is, but you may find it on your own in the meantime.
Go back to the area with the 2 red buttons, up the ladder, to the left. There's a 3-sided desk with a letter and pen/ink on it. Read that letter, then return to the bookcase.

@ZuluKat-You found how to lower those spikes in the Death Dungeon then? Great! I'm anxious to hear how you found the ending. :)
Last edited by Lady JJ on Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby MONCHA5 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:32 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
MONCHA5 wrote:I am in the area with a book case, victoria says "there is something odd", but I dont know what to do!! +::sos

That's the book case you need. Go back to, I think the area with the red buttons, maybe up the ladder, I'm not sure but I'll check on it. There's something to read that will trigger that book case into letting you activate it. Give me a little bit of time and I'll tell you more specifically where that it is, but you may find it on your own in the meantime.

@ZuluKat-You found how to lower those spikes in the Death Dungeon then? Great! I'm anxious to hear how you found the ending. :)

YES! Its a letter uo the ladder.
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:36 pm

MONCHA5 wrote:YES! Its a letter uo the ladder.

Yay! Looking forward to hearing about your ending as well. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:44 pm

Got the big gold gate just had to back track farther. I'll let you know when I finish how it went.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:51 pm

Finished, the ending, well...it was kind of a let down a little bit. Perhaps being able to go back into town or run into Maximus outside to explore more. I'd like to see Victoria get a little bit more confident and stand up to the male mysogynistic b.s. but that's just my opinion. Overall, it is one of Lumen's best games yet. The male characters got better
in the long run and I enjoyed seeing that little bit of change. The music and art, very original and the story line kept you wondering about the sanity of the King which was hilarious. I really thought the King was going to go completely bonkers and have to be defeated for quite a bit throughout the last third of the game. Which in itself was great because it fooled me. A definite re-play down the road. So, Lumen we need more games from you to tide us over until May when Indy will hopefully have finished L.S. Btw I really liked the sprites! +::Thumbup
Oops maybe should have done a spoiler alert.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:17 pm

@ZuluKate-I'll put mine in a spoiler. I want to know if you got the same ending.
So you go to the party, and that's it???? Victoria still thinks there's something odd with the king. That's why I'm thinking there's an alternate ending and I hadn't gotten the 'best' one.

I heartily agree that it was a really well done game. Certainly a few surprising 'gotchas' along the way that were fun. The puzzles were challenging without being impossible without the guide. Could be that the guide revealed a few more secrets. Couldn't tell you that as I didn't buy the guide. More spoiler coming up...
I, too, thought the king was in cahoots with a demon. Later in the game, I was convinced it wasn't the king who was consorting with demons but that redheaded advisor. I was hoping for a Scarlet Pimpernel outcome, but that wasn't in the cards for this story. Considering the final boss in this story was named 'Dementia,' I think that might explain a lot of things. And, IRL, dementia has no 'good ending,' just more and more ambiguity, so this ending might been intended.

So, yeah, a definite +::Thumbup for this game. Thanks to Lumen for this release and to Indy for this host site. +::Dance
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:39 am

I just starte d thei game and am in the wine cellar where yo uget the dungeon book. It keeps dissapearing.
not in the items list where it should be and nowhere else!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:13 am

blumyst wrote:I just starte d thei game and am in the wine cellar where yo uget the dungeon book. It keeps dissapearing.

The Dungeon Book should be found under Items>Field. It's near the bottom of the list. The Dungeon Book allows you to save anywhere in the dungeon, not wait to find a save crystal. Is it possible you used it?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:14 am

Lady JJ wrote:
blumyst wrote:I just starte d thei game and am in the wine cellar where yo uget the dungeon book. It keeps dissapearing.

The Dungeon Book should be found under Items>Field. It's near the bottom of the list. The Dungeon Book allows you to save anywhere in the dungeon, not wait to find a save crystal. Is it possible you used it?

Ive used it once and then after that it dissapears. I started on the veterans level and same thing
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:29 pm

blumyst wrote:Ive used it once and then after that it dissapears. I started on the veterans level and same thing

It's a one use item, like a healing item. You can buy more in town in the item shop. You should always have a few on hand as well as a couple of Seven Winds in case you need to quickly escape the dungeon.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers