Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Magnificence

Re: New RPG: Magnificence

Postby ZuluKat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:38 pm

Lady JJ wrote:@ZuluKate-I'll put mine in a spoiler. I want to know if you got the same ending.
Spoiler: show
So you go to the party, and that's it???? Victoria still thinks there's something odd with the king. That's why I'm thinking there's an alternate ending and I hadn't gotten the 'best' one.

I heartily agree that it was a really well done game. Certainly a few surprising 'gotchas' along the way that were fun. The puzzles were challenging without being impossible without the guide. Could be that the guide revealed a few more secrets. Couldn't tell you that as I didn't buy the guide. More spoiler coming up...
I, too, thought the king was in cahoots with a demon. Later in the game, I was convinced it wasn't the king who was consorting with demons but that redheaded advisor. I was hoping for a Scarlet Pimpernel outcome, but that wasn't in the cards for this story. Considering the final boss in this story was named 'Dementia,' I think that might explain a lot of things. And, IRL, dementia has no 'good ending,' just more and more ambiguity, so this ending might been intended.

So, yeah, a definite +::Thumbup for this game. Thanks to Lumen for this release and to Indy for this host site. +::Dance

Same ending, yes.
I noticed King's attitude changed a little bit during the party. I thought King was in cahoots with Demon also...the red headed counselor I didn't think but I did feel all of the court was covering something up. It was probably the fact that Yes, the King likes to KILL lmao. What I don't get is why the King had the other female heavy hitter but still hired Victoria. I was thinking of going to an earlier save to see if there is an alternate ending.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Lumen » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:59 am

So, yeah, a definite +::Thumbup for this game. Thanks to Lumen for this release and to Indy for this host site.

Thank you, and glad you enjoyed it so much (you and Zulukat)! :)
Lumen
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:16 pm

and to Indy for this host site.

You're welcome +::heart
Doing my best to keep you entertained with some great games! 8)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Madmar » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:21 pm

I have a problem no one else seems to have, I freeze up in the sewers. Happened when Victoria got kidnapped. but later when Hunter and Maximus are alone they freeze up. No movement at all. Music still plays but I can't move forward. Any ideas +:::|
Madmar
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:35 pm

Madmar wrote:I have a problem no one else seems to have, I freeze up in the sewers. Happened when Victoria got kidnapped. but later when Hunter and Maximus are alone they freeze up. No movement at all. Music still plays but I can't move forward. Any ideas +:::|

I didn't experience any freezings. Is it the latest version? Did you try to reinstall?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:18 pm

ZuluKat wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:@ZuluKate-I'll put mine in a spoiler. I want to know if you got the same ending.
So you go to the party, and that's it???? Victoria still thinks there's something odd with the king. That's why I'm thinking there's an alternate ending and I hadn't gotten the 'best' one.

I heartily agree that it was a really well done game. Certainly a few surprising 'gotchas' along the way that were fun. The puzzles were challenging without being impossible without the guide. Could be that the guide revealed a few more secrets. Couldn't tell you that as I didn't buy the guide. More spoiler coming up...
I, too, thought the king was in cahoots with a demon. Later in the game, I was convinced it wasn't the king who was consorting with demons but that redheaded advisor. I was hoping for a Scarlet Pimpernel outcome, but that wasn't in the cards for this story. Considering the final boss in this story was named 'Dementia,' I think that might explain a lot of things. And, IRL, dementia has no 'good ending,' just more and more ambiguity, so this ending might been intended.

So, yeah, a definite +::Thumbup for this game. Thanks to Lumen for this release and to Indy for this host site. +::Dance

Same ending, yes.

I noticed King's attitude changed a little bit during the party. I thought King was in cahoots with Demon also...the red headed counselor I didn't think but I did feel all of the court was covering something up. It was probably the fact that Yes, the King likes to KILL lmao. What I don't get is why the King had the other female heavy hitter but still hired Victoria. I was thinking of going to an earlier save to see if there is an alternate ending.

@zulukat your already done with this game and the last game???
im just at the beginning if this game and trying to finish the last one but real life keeps getting in the way!!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:19 pm

How does one get past the firs spikes before getting to the area where the crack in the wall is for the 4th dungeon???

Never mind I just found it!
Last edited by blumyst on Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:58 am

blumyst wrote:How does one get past the firs spikes before getting to the area where the crack in the wall is for the 4th dungeon???

I don't have the guide, so I don't know which is the 4th dungeon. Can you tell me its name? Is it the Death Shrine or something else? I can go back to a previous save if I know exactly where to go.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:14 am

Lady JJ wrote:
blumyst wrote:How does one get past the firs spikes before getting to the area where the crack in the wall is for the 4th dungeon???

I don't have the guide, so I don't know which is the 4th dungeon. Can you tell me its name? Is it the Death Shrine or something else? I can go back to a previous save if I know exactly where to go.

IOt was called Royal crypt or royal then it teleports you to the throne. I just lost it forgot to save
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:22 am

blumyst wrote:IOt was called Royal crypt or royal then it teleports you to the throne. I just lost it forgot to save

Return back one screen. Meander down and to the right. You'll come to a room with a short narrow hallway leading to a 7x7 room with a small building in the center. Touch the skeleton and that will lead you downstairs. There are quite a few treasure chests to find. There's a depressed red button. Step on it to raise it. When you've found all the treasure, head back upstairs via the ladder and return to where the spikes were and they'll be down.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby bgillisp » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:59 pm

Madmar wrote:I have a problem no one else seems to have, I freeze up in the sewers. Happened when Victoria got kidnapped. but later when Hunter and Maximus are alone they freeze up. No movement at all. Music still plays but I can't move forward. Any ideas +:::|

I hit that problem in all RPGMaker MV games on my newer computer. Its an issue with the drivers on the PC that is causing it. Its rare too, so sadly I don't have more on how to fix it, but maybe try updating video drivers?
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:38 pm

Yes Blumst, I inhale games +::whistle I'm an artist and retired so I've got plenty of time. This game was great! I once went a whole week without playing one game and I was cranky...
And I had no freezes on purchased game.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Madmar » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:33 pm

Thanks for the input. I have tried reinstalling the game, no help. My computer is a 2020, so it is brand new and the drivers should be up to date. I guess I can't finish the game. Where is Lumen??
Madmar
Explorer

Postby Madmar » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:35 pm

OOPS!
Madmar
Explorer

Postby poshpaws » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:40 am

An observation I've made is that the longer the length of the forum, the more interesting the game will be?
poshpaws
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers