Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Child of Hope

Child of Hope

Postby Indinera » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:14 am

CHILD OF HOPE

$19.99

Image Image

This is the latest game by Zenith Games, already behind Cradle of Souls.

Please also note that the game also comes with a 66-page $6.99 strategy guide:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

In the Old Age, the world was habitated by The Divines and The Abyssals, giant and powerful beings who waged war for the control of Azule. The Abyssals have won, being survived only by their leader, Prime. Under his favor, humans began to rule the Kingdom. He, however, asks too much in return for this favor... His reign is one of terror and opression, it is up to Soul, the Child of Hope, the object of an old prophecy that states that a chosen being has to fight and defeat Prime to save the kingdom.

You, are the Child of Hope.

FEATURES:

- Classic Storyline.
- Mouse Support.
- Quest Journal to track your progress.
- Sidequests to complete.
- Optional dungeons to explore.
- Optional bosses to fight.
- A special quest to discover!

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :) +::Thumbup
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Child of Hope

Postby kimo » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:26 pm

So, Zenith, how long is this game?

I never bought your first game because of the mere 5+ hour play time and the price even though it was well-reviewed by players. It also seems this may be an extension of that game.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Zenith » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:47 pm

Hi, Kimo. I'd say it's about the same lenght as my first game, though the 5 hours is only if you're a fast player indeed.
Zenith
Wanderer

Postby sjr223 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:04 pm

Unable to find file: Graphics/Pictures/Protagonists-1
sjr223
Bard

Postby Zenith » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:12 pm

Hi, when exactly do you get that message?
Zenith
Wanderer

Postby ZuluKat » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:24 pm

Same here with the unable to find file:
Graphics/Protanginist-1 going west in first area up 1
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Zenith » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:25 pm

I already know what it is, I'm uploading a fixed build right now.
Zenith
Wanderer

Postby sjr223 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:59 pm

still there ......... Shadow Woods west. Protagonists-1
sjr223
Bard

Postby Indinera » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:10 pm

I haven't uploaded the fix yet, although it's a matter of minutes now.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:13 pm

And now both the demo and full game have been uploaded!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Zenith » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:14 pm

Thanks Indy! And thanks for those who reported it!
Zenith
Wanderer

Postby kimo » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:51 pm

Zenith wrote:Hi, Kimo. I'd say it's about the same lenght as my first game, though the 5 hours is only if you're a fast player indeed.

Thanks for the info. I just have a real hard time spending $40 (plus $6.99 guides) for what seems like maybe 15-20 hours of game time. It's just a form of inflation I choose to not support. I happily pay $30 (plus guide cost) for an Indy game, but those games can easily be 30+ hours and are virtually glitch-free.

Please consider the price point of future games you develop. Just sayin'. It's not about the money ... it's about the psychology of economics. +::Thumbup
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:26 pm

I'll give it a go on the full game. I do agree with Kimo a little bit and it seems no secret rooms or items other than chests which does make the game a little boring. But I go for story line. So far from the demo no typos that's a good thing, monsters are kind of common type; the skills are meh for the beginning. I'm hoping with the purchased game they get better. And no armor shop in base camp?! Yeah, you find stuff but finding stuff should be close to legendary or a big upgrade from the norm eventually. I don't expect to find legendary in beginning of game but a few odd placed rumors among townspeople of lost armors/weapons/etc. would be a nice touch. I hope I'm not sounding harsh just trying to be honest. I do want to support our future game makers but I hope they will listen to the people who help support them. Yeah, I know it's more time consuming...breaks the pattern of a set formula but in the long run creates something of Epic proportions to make your name remembered. :)
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Zenith » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:47 am

ZuluKat wrote:I'll give it a go on the full game. I do agree with Kimo a little bit and it seems no secret rooms or items other than chests which does make the game a little boring. But I go for story line. So far from the demo no typos that's a good thing, monsters are kind of common type; the skills are meh for the beginning. I'm hoping with the purchased game they get better. And no armor shop in base camp?! Yeah, you find stuff but finding stuff should be close to legendary or a big upgrade from the norm eventually. I don't expect to find legendary in beginning of game but a few odd placed rumors among townspeople of lost armors/weapons/etc. would be a nice touch. I hope I'm not sounding harsh just trying to be honest. I do want to support our future game makers but I hope they will listen to the people who help support them. Yeah, I know it's more time consuming...breaks the pattern of a set formula but in the long run creates something of Epic proportions to make your name remembered. :)

I do appreciate your and any feedback and I always consider it for my future games. Child of Hope has more side-content than Cradle of Souls, my previous game, for example. It has sidequests, optional dungeons, dungeons and bosses you find by exploring only and it also has a sidequest that requires a complete run and watchful eye to complete. But yes, keep the feedback coming, I'm always implementing them to keep improving my games and making them more satisfying for you players. :)
Zenith
Wanderer

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:08 am

Ok, I just got the airship and was still exploring around on foot and went to south Sorrowwood? Anyway, turned around to leave and am not able to leave from where I came in. Tried several times I don't know if it's a glitch or something's missing? I can just go to the previous save which is 1 and a 1/2 hrs back +:::| but I don't mind. But I thought you should know.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers