Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Verdungo

Verdungo

Postby Indinera » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:56 pm

VERDUNGO

$19.99

Image Image

This is the second game by Wolfs Moon Studios, after the well-received Wormskull.
https://www.aldorlea.org/wormskull.php
They also made the recent release Angel Made.
https://www.aldorlea.org/angelmade.php
This developer is noteworthy for the excellent playtime of their games, this one clocking around 20 hours.

SUMMARY:

King Verdungo has been taken hostage and it's up to you to rescue him. Travel across a diverse world to make your way back home, hopefully you arrive in time to save him before he meets an untimely demise.

Decide your party of four, choosing from classics such as Warrior, Cleric, Rogue, Paladin and Ninja- making up a total of 16 different playable classes. In classic RPG fashion, players fight monsters, level up, and then are rewarded with points to spend to bolster the attributes of their characters.
Players will discover that gear can be crafted so you can create the ensemble that is just right for your play style. Each class has their own set up of skills which make them unique, and skills will increase in power upon usage.
Along your journey to return home, players will encounter many NPC's which are in need of a heroes aid. Different factions are at play and you never know if you're crossing paths with someone with ill intent or not!

It is up to you to decide who to help while making your journey back to rescue Verdungo.

FEATURES:

20 hours of game play
75 different musical themes
150 different monster types throughout the world
Trade skills that can be utilized : Mining, Fishing, Crafting, Alchemy
Hundreds of crafting/alchemy recipes
Robust resource harvesting system that "regrows"
Open world where areas can be revisited (after tutorial)
Made by a Solo Developer

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Verdungo

Postby crawfors » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:00 pm

Hey ALL!
Shane here.
My last game was Wormskull - so if you enjoyed that you should have fun in this one as well.

Verdungo is a lot of DND (dungeons and dragons) influences to it.

You want to be somewhat mindful of the party you build at the start.

A healer is always nice to have! (Bard,Shaman, Cleric, Paladin, Ranger have healing)

Most things are pretty straight forward with the game and the world is pretty open so it gives you all the time you need to explore and talk to everyone.

If you need help or want spoilers- I'm here for you!

Thanks!
crawfors
Explorer

Postby ZuluKat » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:37 pm

WOW, 2.6gb!!! This one I'll have to try first. I need to make sure I have enough space for Laxius Soul if I get this one. Again, WOW! It looks beautiful!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:56 pm

Thank you for your kind words!

I like to think Verdungo has a lot going for it.
Overall it's a pretty rich experience with a lot of options/variety.

If you need help picking your starting classes just go with : Warrior, Shaman, Wizard, Blade-mAster
Other enjoyable would be trading out the Shaman for a Bard ( I personally enjoy the bard in ALL of my parties)
crawfors
Explorer

Postby polarbr » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:31 am

Wait... the demo saved game doesn't transfer over to the full version game??? I hate that!
Is there a way that I can get my last save from the demo to the full version?
Please advise.
Thanks!
polarbr
Wanderer

Postby crawfors » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:04 pm

Hey Polarbr!

it sure does transfer! Or at least it does for the large % of people.

Let's walk you through how to do it- step by step

First let's say we want to use your demo Save 3.
so first go ahead and copy that onto your desk top

then open up Full Version of Verdungo- load in to game ---> make a save file on slot 3. (it will take you all of 30 seconds, just create your party real fast and make the save file)

Okay now open up your save folder for FUll version of Verdungo ---> delete that save 3 that you just made, replace it with demo save 3 ---->
Open up game ( it will still show the 30 second save you made but it's a lie---> open that up and you will now have your demo save in the full version game

Hope that helps! <3

Shane
crawfors
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:31 pm

waiting to hear from you guys/gals

is everyone able to play the Full Version without any problems?

Someone had an issue with the full version still hanging up at where the demo spot ended- trying to see if anyone else has had that issue or not

Shane
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:46 pm

I havent gotten the full version yet but the demo is good. Theres alot of veggies to gather. That helps
Seems like the battles are hard at the start. I think its unfair to have 6 monsters against 4 people. Theres
the dungeons where the always dash is slow not as fast as it should be.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:56 pm

life isn't fair. LOL.

you're big strong heroes. depending on your party comp certain parts of the game will be harder/easier.

What party did you try?
One thing you'll notice in ALL my games - you can run in town, you walk in dungeons.

Let me know if you get the full game!
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:27 pm

crawfors wrote:life isn't fair. LOL.

you're big strong heroes. depending on your party comp certain parts of the game will be harder/easier.

What party did you try?
One thing you'll notice in ALL my games - you can run in town, you walk in dungeons.

Let me know if you get the full game!

Lol, glad you have a good sense of humor. It does help to go with the characters the developer likes. Im going to try the ones you suggested. I do like having the thief and I am thinking of getting the game but have to wait a for a bit.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:44 pm

I think the rogue on the first play through may make it tougher than it needs to be.

most are pretty balanced.

Playing the monk and putting all his points into magic can make him SUPER versatile for damage and healing.
Death knight and Paladin are both wonderful.

I just suggest warrior because he's a classic and fits into ALL parties.

the bard is def my favorite though :D

wizard is pretty OP as well.

there really aren't any wrong choices because things are pretty balanced as things get going.
Just obvious differences.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:59 am

You couldve tried to make it so that all could be played. Maybe like 5 of them
at one time but the way you have it now the player can do several play throughs.
I like the thief cause then she can get more out of the enemy also theres no need
for a guide cause a player just has to read whats being said and thats tells you what to
do or where to go.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:07 pm

YOu know a party of 5 actually would have be great for a game like this. If I make another of this nature I'll do parties of 5 because that could open up so many more options. (<3 Thank you for the suggestion)

You're true bonafide heroes/adventurers - the game isn't super heavy on dialogue- more of just people in the world share with you their problems/stories and it unfolds with what you do.
There are factions you can access in your menu that can steer you a bit.

I think guides are great for most games- but for Verdungo a guide might ruin some of the fun on it.. most things are pretty straightforward but other spots players will need some assistance which i'm happy to give

Here's an example-- when you get to your first REAL town *Jordan* there are a quite a few quests to turn in.. one of them is bandit scalps.. your faction with the town increases- and after turn in so many you'll get a really nice quest item. the Town leader at no point tells you how many he needs- but as you turn things in as you explore it takes care of itself.
Turning in ghoul flesh in town to a certain NPC will bring a new shop keeper for the players to utilize.

There is a lot of things throughout the game- the fishing and such isn't just there for fun- it all has a purpose!
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:31 pm

Yes like collecting the veggies ha a purpose it helps. Wow seems like a good game but I will haveto wait till
I get paid to buy it. Im not seeing anybody else on this board most of theotherswould be playing it by now
I would think.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:01 am

Ok, I bought the game and it downloaded and I did the extract to my desktop and now I cant get the game
to play?
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Next

Return to Games from other Developers