Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Verdungo

Re: New RPG: Verdungo

Postby Rabbit » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:29 am

May I ask, what does the Charisma stat do in this game?
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby crawfors » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:47 pm

hey Rabbit!
there are some small cases where it can influence dialogues but really it's just meant for the Bard to make her spells stronger.

I would only put anything into charisma if you are using the bard class.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:15 pm

crawfors wrote:hey Rabbit!
there are some small cases where it can influence dialogues but really it's just meant for the Bard to make her spells stronger.

I would only put anything into charisma if you are using the bard class.

Ive fiunsd that I use more and need more mana than any others game. Also
when you go to reagoths path if you dont kill the guy there and givew him 100 coins the game locks up!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:14 pm

sounds like you had better kill him then! oh snap

the mana drain isn't an issue later in the game- but early on it's just another way to starve the player

if you ever played dungeons and dragons with your friends it's very reminiscent of that
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:39 pm

crawfors wrote:sounds like you had better kill him then! oh snap

the mana drain isn't an issue later in the game- but early on it's just another way to starve the player

if you ever played dungeons and dragons with your friends it's very reminiscent of that

I tried playing that got bored with it. to much killing not enough adventure ans I did kill him lol
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:55 am

crawfors wrote:sounds like you had better kill him then! oh snap

lol promises promises +::biggrin

blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Rabbit » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:30 pm

Thanks!
I was curious about charisma because some of the crafted armor items have +charisma/+critical chance on them, and I wanted to make a Ranger character into a badass sniper with the +critical chance. And I was doing that just in case there was an enemy that was immune to magic. Now that I have finished, I see that wasn't necessary. Magic seems to be the way to go for dps in this game, as it always hits, it isn't counterattacked, and some nice magic-user equipment is available early in Jordan. (I am curious though, why someone using a bow gets damaged by counterattacks... isn't he standing back to shoot?)

Some little mistakes I noticed:
1. If you try to craft an "ornate staff" you get a bow. It says staff, but the icon is a bow, and it can only be equipped by bow-wielders.
2. When the Hunter's Guild guy gives the "creature cloak" reward, you can keep talking to him and get more and more cloaks.
3. You can kill Brimstone and end the game before rescuing King Verdungo. I found this very confusing. I thought I was killing optional bosses and getting extra loot before a final confrontation near the place where we started. But suddenly, it was all over.

I am going to play again and take much better notes this time around. Maybe with a thief instead of an archer too.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby crawfors » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:44 pm

Rabbit

the warrior can match any magic for DPS ( give him a try)

The drawback to something being THIS open is you can do that out of order- so i get the confusion lol! Glad you got it figured out though- maybe that's the one spot i SHOULD have blocked off to the benefit of the players to keep that in order

What was your play time of the first play through? Did you end up building the extra town that sells elixir?
FOr those of you that played Wormskull- you'd notice a friendly face in that optional town of the Water Folk.

I would say to give Angel Made a try at some point- it has all the yummy goodness of being open but things won't go out of order like that! (and it's a bigger game) More story based. If you notice Verdungo doesn't have a very in depth Story.
The characters are just blank templates
Whereas in Wormskull and Angel Made the characters have a LOT of personality.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Rabbit » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:09 am

Hi, thanks for the reply!

For my first try, I just picked the top 4 characters - warrior, ranger, cleric, and wizard. You're right, the warrior does have good dps potential. A targeted Onslaught is indeed quite effective. In my case, I couldn't make best use of his dps, as I needed his support skills as well. The warrior was my only character who could wear heavy armor, so I kept using his Taunt on the first turn. He was also the only one I had who could debuff the opponents in any way, so I often used Charge next if any enemies were still standing.

I do very much appreciate open worlds. I like exploring and finding extra stuff. (And getting my butt kicked when I try stuff that's too hard. Primordial was the toughest for me, I needed crafted potions to boost most stats in order to finally beat him.)

Around 24 hours was my first "playtime"... but take that with a grain of salt. I spent time grinding alchemy/crafting/fishing/mining skills up to 10, grinding faction items, and some hours of afk time with the game left open. And yes I did make the town for the Sea People, that was a nice reward. I also helped some Siriki sneak through the sewers. They said they wanted to go to Alma, but I couldn't find them there later. I did find a lot of Siriki on the Isle of Cathule though. Also I never got any Oasis Guard points, though I got at least some points in all the other factions. Seems I still have stuff to figure out on a second playthrough before I spend money on another game.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby blumyst » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:20 am

hi craw you werent kidding when you said there wouldnt be a shortage of mana later on
in the game. Rather man a wouldnt be a problem!!! Awesome!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:27 pm

I'm a man of my word lmao

Make sure to utilize the CRAFTING as you can make a lot of cool shit that really helps you out on your adventure!
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:11 pm

crawfors wrote:I'm a man of my word lmao

Make sure to utilize the CRAFTING as you can make a lot of cool shit that really helps you out on your adventure!

lol, oh I have used the crafting then when I get all that extra stuff I sell it.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Rabbit » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:17 pm

I'm not quite half-way through my second play, this time with a rogue in my party. It has been interesting to see what's behind those locked doors, but I agree with blumyst that a rogue is quite easy to kill early in the game, even with her evasion bonus.

Now that I'm paying more attention to stuff, I've realized that some of the "bosses" regenerate, and can be farmed to get multiple copies of their nice drops. Getting a bunch of earth stones and earth crests from the earth lord has been quite helpful, due to their mana regeneration bonus.

The downside to paying more attention, is that I've discovered more mistakes in the game.
1. Skills do not get stronger with use. This makes me sad, as I was curious what would happen with the rogue's steal skill as I leveled it up. Nothing. That made me look at the other skills and the other characters. I remember how this system worked in wormskull - the damaging skills got about 10% stronger with each skill level, and the buffing skills got longer durations. Nothing like that happens in verdungo. The use counter does slowly count up from lvl 1 to lvl 10, but that's it. As the game progresses, the skills do cause more damage, but that is because the character stats are getting stronger (level up, better equipment, use of AP and elixirs, etc.).
2. In Midport, if you go into the church and walk next to the water, it says you've collected Holy Water. But this Holy Water from the church has a blank icon in the inventory and no description and it is not used in crafting. The 'real' Holy Water is sold in the item shop.
3. I discovered an exploit to get tons of gold early in the game (Belfast and thereafter). Buy wood (1g) and string (1g) from the general goods shop, craft a fishing pole and sell it back to her for 12g. This can be done 1 at a time at first, but then in 10s, 100s, or 999s to get thousands of gold for almost no work. Crafting a short bow works too, as it sells back for 5g.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby crawfors » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:19 am

we call them features. not bugs

and skills still improve just like they did in Wormskull

only at a 5% rate though so easy to miss increases as they are small.

that being said. however -no steal doesn't improve
buff/damages/heals all do though. I know because it took forever to set up.

yeah the ability to farm bosses is big- major advantage

there's a few "exploits" that I left in
did you find the others?

:) it's up to you if you want to use them or not LOL
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:08 am

The dragon in the cave bear the Oasis came back after I killed it, why?
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers