Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Ashes of the Night

Re: New RPG: Ashes of the Night

Postby watts712 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:47 am

Hello, having a little problem can't get the game to open.. I extract the game then when I click on open it won't open... I haven't had this happen before.. What do I need to do???
Thanks,
Cindy
watts712
Bard

Postby crawfors » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:10 pm

I haven't had that happen either.
You unzipped it and then when you opened the game file it didn't run?

You guys all just unzipped it and it loaded right up correct?

There may be a difference when you 7zip vs unzip I've noticed. Some peoples computers get haywire on the slight difference.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby watts712 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:36 pm

Oh my goodness I got it to open finally... Not sure what happened
watts712
Bard

Postby crawfors » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:22 pm

I'm glad you got it working

Honestly computers are just weird and something stuff like that happens.
I always suggest just retrying, reinstalling, making sure to unzip vs 7zips etc.

but heck even a download can get messed up sometimes and screw it all up.
LOL

I hope you enjoy it! YOu'll have to let us know what you think!
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:41 pm

I'm having some concerns with the language in this game. And, before you jump all over me and accuse me of censorship and whatnot, let me just say that game developers can write however they like. That's their choice. But it's also my choice to embrace that style of writing or not. That said, it's good to know that this was your first game because there are some issues with it.

I didn't save the princess before I completed all the areas to the south, including the Gnoll Den, yet I encountered the cutscene with the princess being a full participating member. Actually, that cutscene reminded me I was supposed to save her, which I backtracked and did, and she then joined my party.

In intro to the battle with the Gatekeeper, my party said they had already defeated the corrupted king. In fact, I hadn't yet found that screen, so he was still very much alive.

to Dev - I think if you ever find the time, you should revisit this game and update it. Just a thought.

Now I think I'll try one of your newer games and see if the females are treated with a little more respect, because I did like the overall game so it's worth my time to try another. +::Thumbup
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:30 pm

I don't disagree with anything you said!

it's very rough around the edges.

however I think what almost upsets me is we've uploaded all my other games and this was the first one that you tried!? LMAO!!

If you enjoy story games, I feel you'll really enjoy WOrmskull & Angel Made.

The language dials way down in them as well.

I'm glad you enjoyed Ashes though- Hopefully you feel the same about the others if you try them!
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:17 pm

crawfors wrote:I don't disagree with anything you said!

it's very rough around the edges.

however I think what almost upsets me is we've uploaded all my other games and this was the first one that you tried!? LMAO!!

If you enjoy story games, I feel you'll really enjoy WOrmskull & Angel Made.

The language dials way down in them as well.

I'm glad you enjoyed Ashes though- Hopefully you feel the same about the others if you try them!

I did play Wormskull, even left a review for it - https://aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=9945&start=75. You'll need to scroll down a little to start seeing my posts. You got better. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:29 pm

oh shoot my apologies!! YOu did play WOrmskull! you were super complimentary of it as well!

so WOrmskull was my second game. Angel Made is my 4th. I think you'll enjoy the story to the same degree. (Hopefully anyhow) I had a blast making all of them.

I think Angel made was everything i wanted Wormskull to be.. but that's to be expected- we get better as we do things.... or we should anyways LOL!
crawfors
Explorer

Postby watts712 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:00 pm

I just finished the damnnation level 3 and it says look for a clue but I can't find anything.. Been ALL over everywhere before here can't even get anywhere on the boat... What am I missing??
Thanks
watts712
Bard

Postby crawfors » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:47 pm

you're going to need to be way more descriptive of what's going on dude..
i made this game like 3-4 years ago. i don't remember

if i can't help someone else who has recently beat it surely can LOL
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:29 am

crawfors wrote:you're going to need to be way more descriptive of what's going on dude..
i made this game like 3-4 years ago. i don't remember

if i can't help someone else who has recently beat it surely can LOL

lol, Shane you got CRS and your still young and all those people to fight with!!
also 8 enemies, lol you brat!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:01 pm

waiiit... you just beat what's his name ? If you walk around on that floor- eventually you find a spot that strikes you with a bolt of lightning and teleports you to the other end of the island (so the desert of madness you can go west or east * you went east lol*
you'll be over here where you can find ishaku again and your boat is ready for you.

also if you travel south a bit you can find a new playable character Serenity, just make sure you save your game first and say the right things to her :)
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:51 am

I hate the words " However theywere unable to" when to try to leave a fight
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:47 am

LOL! nobody likes those words
crawfors
Explorer

Postby watts712 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:43 pm

crawfors wrote:waiiit... you just beat what's his name ? If you walk around on that floor- eventually you find a spot that strikes you with a bolt of lightning and teleports you to the other end of the island (so the desert of madness you can go west or east * you went east lol*
you'll be over here where you can find ishaku again and your boat is ready for you.

also if you travel south a bit you can find a new playable character Serenity, just make sure you save your game first and say the right things to her :)

Yes, that's where I am I have Ishaku and Serenity .. The bolt takes me to a lady that says something about the tree house and take a rest if I want to
I go to next screen and see boat but can't exit anywhere
watts712
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers