Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Ashes of the Night

Re: New RPG: Ashes of the Night

Postby blumyst » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:25 pm

watts712 wrote:
crawfors wrote:waiiit... you just beat what's his name ? If you walk around on that floor- eventually you find a spot that strikes you with a bolt of lightning and teleports you to the other end of the island (so the desert of madness you can go west or east * you went east lol*
you'll be over here where you can find ishaku again and your boat is ready for you.

also if you travel south a bit you can find a new playable character Serenity, just make sure you save your game first and say the right things to her :)

Yes, that's where I am I have Ishaku and Serenity .. The bolt takes me to a lady that says something about the tree house and take a rest if I want to
I go to next screen and see boat but can't exit anywhere

When I talkedto the lady about the tree house I went in tothe tree house and talked to the girl then I went to the next screen and saw the boat so I went up and it took me to where I could get on the boat
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby watts712 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:19 am

blumyst wrote:
watts712 wrote:
crawfors wrote:waiiit... you just beat what's his name ? If you walk around on that floor- eventually you find a spot that strikes you with a bolt of lightning and teleports you to the other end of the island (so the desert of madness you can go west or east * you went east lol*
you'll be over here where you can find ishaku again and your boat is ready for you.

also if you travel south a bit you can find a new playable character Serenity, just make sure you save your game first and say the right things to her :)
watts712
Bard

Postby crawfors » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:59 am

yeah dude you get in the boat and drive north.

now it's a big world. you've got a boat. good luck!
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:30 pm

think i'll go to a game where it doesnt cost several thousands of coins for better weapons
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:14 pm

like all things in life:

you get what you pay for.

xoxo
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:29 am

crawfors wrote:like all things in life:

you get what you pay for.

xoxo

actually I think I got more than what I paid for with these games. Very challenging
Ive been playing this one longer than just the hours everyone else has been playing them. I even
restarted this one. I think others have missed alot in this
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:56 am

there is a LOT of bonus material in Ashes
which looking back is wild considering it was my first game.

Small hidden cutscenes and different things like that. Scattered all throughout the game.

Special gear for certain characters, ultimate weapons for different characters- it has a LOT of stuff.

Did you find the bonus stuff for Maduin early on? Ghoul Hide and Ghoul Visage? A lady needed ghoul hide(or flesh) for research and you could turn them in for Maduin's ultimate armor. later in the game you find the weapon "The Sinner" which is found in the house she grew up in. (also you get a Maduin flashback in the desert towards the beginning)

That's just a few off the top of my head.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:34 pm

there is a LOT of bonus material in Ashes

Crawfors has the SPIRIT of Aldorlea! +::wizard
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby blumyst » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:42 am

crawfors wrote:there is a LOT of bonus material in Ashes
which looking back is wild considering it was my first game.

Small hidden cutscenes and different things like that. Scattered all throughout the game.

Special gear for certain characters, ultimate weapons for different characters- it has a LOT of stuff.

Did you find the bonus stuff for Maduin early on? Ghoul Hide and Ghoul Visage? A lady needed ghoul hide(or flesh) for research and you could turn them in for Maduin's ultimate armor. later in the game you find the weapon "The Sinner" which is found in the house she grew up in. (also you get a Maduin flashback in the desert towards the beginning)

That's just a few off the top of my head.

I did find those yes for maduin. Think my computer might be possessed cause I had wormskull on here and now I cant find it. Ive turned the monitor off and when I look at it again its on! My cell phone does that too and nobodys calling me wqhen
that happens. It actually takes alot longer than just 15 hours to get your team leveled up to where the player has more than 20,000 coins
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:07 am

well keep in mind there are many bonus areas:

If you go far west you find something something resembling with a boat dock: (only take the ship to Aranauk if you're done with everything, you can't backtrack once you do)

but there are 2 other spots you can visit.

however: if you adventure far east and south you can find some bonus charaacters..

a character named Duncan is hidden in a cave. (He's right outside of a zone called THE STILL)
and just north east there's a tiny patch of forest - if you go there you'll find a hidden castle.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:29 pm

Yeah I think Ive found that castle. I actually found the wormskull that I bought before and I think Im
done with it. Not sure guess I'll have to play it again, lol
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:28 am

Im at the place where my group getssome food and fights the waitress if theysay the wrong thing but cant get back out of there? whats wrong?
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Re: Ashes of the Night

Postby crawfors » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:52 pm

ever seen groundhog day?

say something else.

You'll need a bottle of wine ( if I remember correctly) which you'll get from a fight,

but outside of that it's pretty straight forward.

I think you pick chicken, and on your way you go.
crawfors
Explorer

Re: Ashes of the Night

Postby MerryX » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:49 am

Hi Crawfors,

I finally finished the game after getting distracted last year +:oops:
It took me about 39.50 hours and I discovered a number of characters ...with a strong feeling I missed some too +::lol
Main team in the end - Reinford (42), Yuka (42), Serenity (45), Warwick (42)
Others - Israel (23), Christian (22), Errow (23), Maduin (36), Jewel (30), Sonnen (33), Duncan (35), Robert (40), Rain (15), Ishaku (24), John (26), and Baron (40)
Yes, there were probably a few too many characters for me in the end...some had wonderful magic/skills but I just couldn't use them all and found it difficult to find a "balanced" team.

There was an amazing amount of stuff to do and find - I'm quite sure I missed areas. With so much going on it was not easy to stay focussed without wandering off track. I enjoy exploring so that was great but I also started to get tired/bored and wanted to move things along.
The game played with no major issues and that is always a major plus +::biggrin
Overall, I would definitely recommend this game - and advise people to keep notes as there is no Quest Log or guide.

Thank you, Crawfors, I had a good time as always with your games +::clap

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers