Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Heavy Lies the Crown

Re: New RPG: Heavy Lies the Crown

Postby ZuluKat » Tue May 24, 2022 3:38 pm

I downloaded new version with patch and still had problems but, I finished without using those skills. Just about 6 hours game play. For some reason even though short I really liked this game. It also reminded me of past games and I don't know if it's nostalgia or missing the simplicity of older games that I enjoyed it so much. I've been so busy working that the time I do get to play any games they have to be worth my time. So, on that note I would like to see more games like this one from you! Thanks. Oh, more side quests next game please. :)

p.s. Beautifully colored!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby MONCHA5 » Tue May 24, 2022 4:01 pm

Help, the game crashed every time in battle. I jst re-downloaded it but It crash +::cry
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Anima » Tue May 24, 2022 4:44 pm

ZuluKat wrote:I downloaded new version with patch and still had problems but, I finished without using those skills. Just about 6 hours game play. For some reason even though short I really liked this game. It also reminded me of past games and I don't know if it's nostalgia or missing the simplicity of older games that I enjoyed it so much. I've been so busy working that the time I do get to play any games they have to be worth my time. So, on that note I would like to see more games like this one from you! Thanks. Oh, more side quests next game please. :)

p.s. Beautifully colored!

Thank you very much for your feedback, ZuluKat! I also thank you for using your little free time to play the time, I'm happy to know you have enjoyed your time with it. In the end, that's what matters to me.

MONCHA5 wrote:Help, the game crashed every time in battle. I jst re-downloaded it but It crash +::cry

I found out what the problem is this time. A new build is on the way, I will let you know when it's available.
Anima
Bard

Postby Anima » Tue May 24, 2022 6:11 pm

MONCHA5 wrote:Help, the game crashed every time in battle. I jst re-downloaded it but It crash +::cry

There is a new build available. Can you download it and let me know how it goes, please?
Anima
Bard

Postby dlovejoy » Thu May 26, 2022 4:51 am

I feel cheated. I paid the 19.99 when the demo expired. The game finished in less than one hour. There were very few quests, I feel like the entire middle part of the game is missing.
The final battle ended quickly, but it didn't feel like a final battle.
The feeling of game play was like easy mode was enabled and cheat codes were used. And I'm not that good of a player.
dlovejoy
Peasant

Postby Anima » Thu May 26, 2022 11:01 am

You're saying you have finished the game in less than one hour???
Anima
Bard

Postby dlovejoy » Sun May 29, 2022 8:46 pm

Anima wrote:You're saying you have finished the game in less than one hour???

Yes. It feels like I missed the entire middle part of the game. I am not a fast player, I always choose story mode when available - I'm not sure how I could go from the first battle to the final battle is less than an hour.
dlovejoy
Peasant

Postby Anima » Mon May 30, 2022 4:02 pm

I honestly don't know what to say. The game does fall on the shorter side, as my games usually does compared to the other games here, I do tend to focus on the narrative experience and delivery and not as much on lenght and side-content. However, One hour is extremely low, I wonder if it's some kind of bug where you activated quests and events before you should have. Would you be able to tell what was the order in which you have done things? If you can remember it, please.
Anima
Bard

Postby Gorilla4 » Mon May 30, 2022 5:16 pm

Hi! I am thinking about buying this game soon because I really like Anima's games but one hour is very short... It would be nice to have feedbacks from other players. Maybe yes, it was some kind of bug in the game. I experienced a bug in anothet company's game that changed everything. When I discovered the bug after a while I had to start over a certain point. 2 allies were completly missing... Good luck Anima. See your game soon...
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Anima » Tue May 31, 2022 1:09 pm

Hey, Gorilla.
Other players have played and they have estimated a playtime anywhere from 6 to 15 hours. The one hour lenght was certainly a progression glitch.

I say purchase it, you won't be entertained for only an hour. :)
Anima
Bard

Postby Gorilla4 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:11 pm

Done! I start playing and I really like it! I like the way the graphics looks better in these little gems. But not at a point where my computer wouldn't handle it.
Actually doing new with old is my kind of philosophy... I won't do a study here on the subject. But I am a little sad when I read a contemporary book and can't read the sequel from another autor or do it myself for others. All the time have the copyright preventing it. I wish we had more freedom...
Gorilla4
Bard

Re: Heavy Lies the Crown

Postby Gorilla4 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:54 am

I think the game is a short one, but more than one hour for sure. It would have been nice to have more quests. We have some in the beginning and its stop. I think what makes the game shorter is not a lack of places to visit because the game have a great map. The gameplay, the fights, are sometime a bite easy. Two shots per ennemy. If the fights were more difficults, like fighting bosses, you would have a game way more longer. But, some people needs it and I can understand that.

In general, I liked it a lot. Haven't completly finish it but I am near the end. So its up to you to decide Anima, make it maybe harder for a much longer gameplay.

Thank you for this gem...
Gorilla4
Bard

Re: Heavy Lies the Crown

Postby kimo » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:04 pm

@Anima
You have made enough games that I now expect you to have mastered some basic design elements.

I played 1 hour of the demo and found the battles way too easy, and therefore lacked balance, and with no way to increase difficulty which I normally don't do anyway.

There was one glaring exception to easy battles...Darc. It shouldn't take 20+ rounds, 10 potions, and some decent player strategy that easily inflicted 10k+ DMG that to find out a character like Darc cannot be defeated. While you are not alone in this design error, that doesn't make it okay. Any battle that cannot be won should end within 2-3 rounds maximum.

And the dead children have some good stuff on which money was wasted IMO. If the player cannot retrieve the accessories and a $1000+ worth of armor/weapons then some players are gonna have issues.

Sorry, but this is a pass for me. You should also consider using an alpha/beta tester(s) for feedback and input re: spelling, grammar, etc.

But, I did like the Japanese tile set.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers