Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

From the Ashes

From the Ashes

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:00 pm

FROM THE ASHES

$19.99

This is the first game by Mage's Hat.

Image Image

Please also note that the game also comes with a 80-page $6.99 strategy guide available for purchase:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

The country of Lavelle has enjoyed decades of peace, that has completely changed when a powerful Necromancer started his
evil campaign. Very little is known about Calisto, his goal is clear though, he seeks to the open the gates to the
Underworld, the place of destiny to all fallen souls.

The country is now ravaged with fiends and bandits, people are all trying to survive and start again while hoping their
champion, the Great Knight Callan, manages to defeat the necromancer. Whether he succeeds or not, the country has to
rebuild, from the ashes.

FEATURES:

- Dynamic Party System
- Control up to six party members simultaneously.
- Fast paced and exciting storytelling.
- Moving themes that are central to the human life, such as courage, virture and perseverance.
- Custom detailed spritework that focuses on bringing out the personality of each character.
- Beautifully animated battle system.
- Quest Journal to keep track of your objectives.
- Mouse support to those who prefer it.
- Three difficulty level to choose from.

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :) +::Thumbup
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: From the Ashes

Postby kimo » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:47 pm

1st Boss battle cannot be won, so don't waste resources. Instead use it as an opportunity to explore the character's skill set. They are different than is typically encountered in games. With some luck, you can extend this battle 10+ rounds and learn some strategy (for future battles?).

“Soul Sacrifice” spell (50 TP) can be used even when character has 0 MP (read the spell description on this one). Effect is to increase both HP & MP. This spell may be incorrectly configured because MP gets restored when the spell is used instead of being reduced by 50% when MP is greater than 0.

Mana Drain spell by 1st boss doesn’t seem to drain mana. But I think Mana Burst (?) does.

EDIT:
I have finished the nice, long demo but I am conflicted about buying the game. I am getting tired of $19.99 games with 10 hours of play so approximate game length would be nice to know.

I am curious about the observations/feelings of other players. I cannot be the only person playing this game ... could I? +::Dunno
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby MageHat » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:25 am

Game Developer here.
Thank you for the feedback and for playing the demo, it seems you have enjoyed it and I'm happy to know that.

How much time did it take you to finish the demo, by the way?
MageHat
Peasant

Postby kimo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:33 am

MageHat wrote:Game Developer here.
Thank you for the feedback and for playing the demo, it seems you have enjoyed it and I'm happy to know that.

How much time did it take you to finish the demo, by the way?

The demo lasted 2 hours for me, but I explore everywhere including a bunch of "dead ends" in the mine. Also, the Quest Log was very helpful for people who don't play hours at a time.

BUT what's the approx. length of the game?
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby MageHat » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:18 pm

I would estimate it will take you 10 to 15 hours.
MageHat
Peasant

Postby kimo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:51 pm

MageHat wrote:I would estimate it will take you 10 to 15 hours.

Thank you for the reply. It's a bit short for me and considering it seems to be a very linear game, I'll have to think about it. I know a lot of work goes into RPGmaker games, but $19.99 plus guide cost for a new developer is a stretch for me. It's not your fault that games have suffered inflationary effects during the past 2-3 years, but it has gotten out of hand for me.

Indy deserves what he asks because of game lengths and 20 years of creating games, but IMHO most games 10-20 hours in length should be sold for around $14.99 plus guide cost. And I just won't buy games under 10 hours.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby MageHat » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:28 pm

If lenght is your metric I understand it. If you do give it a chance, I hope you enjoy it. :)
MageHat
Peasant

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:37 pm

kimo wrote:
MageHat wrote:I would estimate it will take you 10 to 15 hours.

Thank you for the reply. It's a bit short for me and considering it seems to be a very linear game, I'll have to think about it. I know a lot of work goes into RPGmaker games, but $19.99 plus guide cost for a new developer is a stretch for me. It's not your fault that games have suffered inflationary effects during the past 2-3 years, but it has gotten out of hand for me.

Indy deserves what he asks because of game lengths and 20 years of creating games, but IMHO most games 10-20 hours in length should be sold for around $14.99 plus guide cost. And I just won't buy games under 10 hours.

I think I'll wait to see what the gameplay time is for others as well. I bought a $20 game last fall and my playing time was 5 hours and 5 minutes, so I'm a little gunshy. I'll definitely respect the reviews of other players and reconsider accordingly.

@kimo - You finished the demo and didn't find any bugs? That's a big plus! :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby darkange » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:06 am

@kimo yeah, I agree with you - too many games cost 20 dolars and you finish them in 10 hours... that's why I play on max difficulty to feel like I didn't waste money lol

Still... I remember that there was a game once that was 100 hours plus in my game time and the price was only 14 dolars - sadly it's not an rpg turn based game... it's metroidvania, so probably if I recomend it... people won't care
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:25 pm

darkange wrote:@kimo yeah, I agree with you - too many games cost 20 dolars and you finish them in 10 hours... that's why I play on max difficulty to feel like I didn't waste money lol

I tend to agree...I get 60+ hrs on free rpg games on itchio. Playing the demo...beautiful, fast paced, story line okay so far. I was getting a little bored will try demo on hard to see if that helps. The carrying over supplies is nice but no weapon shops to get better weapons is my pet peeve...overall, I'll think about buying.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby MageHat » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:15 pm

I'm glad you liked the demo. There are weapon shops, just not in the demo.
MageHat
Peasant

Postby rickardsh » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:35 am

Okay, I am in Balder's castle in a room with a woman who talks about "hasn't changed since she was a kid . . . speaks to the structure". The active characters are Knox and Hecate. I cannot get out of the room.
rickardsh
Peasant

Postby MageHat » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:15 am

I know what the glitch is, it's been fixed and it's going into update with Indy. :)
Thanks for reporting it.
MageHat
Peasant

Postby MageHat » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:56 am

The buid has been updated. :)
MageHat
Peasant

Postby rickardsh » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:27 pm

Can I re-downlad from the version Indy has listed, or is that just the demo?
rickardsh
Peasant

Next

Return to Games from other Developers