Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Dragon's Prophecy

The Dragon's Prophecy

Postby Indinera » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:38 pm

THE DRAGON'S PROPHECY

$14.99

This is the first game by Old School Games.

Image Image

Please also note that the game also comes with a 71-page $4.99 strategy guide available for purchase:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

Magnus is the heir to the throne, shadowed by his father's great figure, he decides to do the right thing when he receives a calling from the Elves, the original race. The Dragon of Chaos has been freed, and Magnus is one of the individuals capable of keeping the Dragon from devouring the whole world.

On his quest he will learn about the world he is meant to rule, he will learn about his companions and he will learn about himself. To fight and defeat the Dragon of Chaos, he must become the man and king he was always meant to be and never was.

The road is long and perillous, and a Dragon waits at every corner

FEATURES:

- The Dragon's Prophecy is inspired by the greateast of it's genre. Taking reference from the 8 bit era, it brings back
nostalgic times while absorbing the lessons that made the JRPG genre what it is today.
- Its classic visuals are accompanied of an incredible soundtrack that brings this great adventure to life.
- The world of The Dragon's Prophecy is versatile and it will allow you to explore forests, caves, towers, villages, towns,
castles, deserts and more.
- While you explore, you may come upon optional dungeons, bosses and special items.
- The Dragon's Prophecy offers a semi-open world experience. You are free to explore on your own schedule.
- A playtime averaging 10 to 15 hours, depending upon level of completion.

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :) +::Thumbup
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: The Dragon's Prophecy

Postby oudis » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:21 am

Hello, good people. This is The Dragon's Prophecy creator. I want to let you know that there was an issue with the demo not locking out when it should, so if you're past White Walls with the ship, know that you have already expired the demo. If that is the case and you have enjoyed the game, I invite you to support it by purchasing it.

Aside from that, this is my first game and I hope I, through my games, can connect with you. I grew up playing the NES and SNES classic and making games inspired by those times is my goal. I believe games can and should tell a powerful message instead of just entertaining, although it is important that it does that as well. I hope I have managed to check both these goals with The Dragon's Prophecy.

I am looking foward for your feedback and I hope you all enjoy it. :)
oudis
Wanderer

Postby bgillisp » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:26 pm

Hello. I can tell you that you will get a request for average playtime really soon on here, so if possible may want to post that. And maybe see if you can get Indy to add it to the page too? Just a suggestion that may help.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby oudis » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:14 pm

Hello there, thanks for the suggestions.
The playtime should be around 10 to 15 hours, depending on level of completion, and whether you follow the guide or not.
I'll ask Indy to add that information. I appreciate it! :)
oudis
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:16 pm

Hello Oudis !!

I just played the demo, and liked it a lot. Didn't come across any bugs or other problems, so that was a good thing. The game runs very smooth, and I was just gliding through it.

The one thing I was disappointed with was that I didn't have enough money to buy one of the mithril weapons. Only had about half that. Other than that, great job !!

Valdy
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:21 pm

Glad to hear! +::clap
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby oudis » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:56 pm

Valdy wrote:Hello Oudis !!

I just played the demo, and liked it a lot. Didn't come across any bugs or other problems, so that was a good thing. The game runs very smooth, and I was just gliding through it.

The one thing I was disappointed with was that I didn't have enough money to buy one of the mithril weapons. Only had about half that. Other than that, great job !!

Valdy

Hey Valdy, the "impossibility" of purchasing those items at White Walls is intentional. I just wanted to tease you with powerful weapons and make you want to work hard for them, I confess. +::biggrin
You will come back to that location later on in the game and then you will be able to purchase them, hopefully.

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed the game so far. Please do keep me updated!
oudis
Wanderer

Postby crawfors » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:14 pm

Good lord I love how this looks
you simply have to tell me which asset pack you used (from dev to dev) lol

PM me if possible :)

Shane
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Valdy » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:19 pm

Thanks for the info, Oudis. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get that weapon later on. +::Thumbup
Valdy
Explorer

Postby kimo » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:56 pm

With such a disparity in pricing in the castle, I just figured out some hard leather armor and a head wrap was all the party could afford. Nice finding a long sword, though.

The graphics are kind of hard on my vision, but the basic story seems solid. This game looks like it's going to require some solid asset management to buy everything the party needs later.

There are some mispellings but nothing too serious. And I also have encountered no bugs of any kind.

Thank Gaia for the quest log. I supposed to find someone named Chamala, but after talking to virtually everyone in the VERY LARGE castle ... It would be helpful if I knew what Chamala's job in the castle is.

Now, I guess I have to start on one end of the castle yet again and work my way up and down.

EDIT: I found Chamala next to a chest I had already looted. I didn't see her there before because of the graphics. If you grew up playing games with similar graphics (I never owned an NES), you will definitely enjoy the demo and probably the game as there seems to be a battle strategy developing with additional spells and characters as the game progresses. There's even a Bokden-like character who pops into the scene every now and then, but he is a warrior not a lost adventurer.

And a minor note for the developer. Considering where Chamala is found, the placement of a 2-person party event trigger when entering the room might be helpful for players who are ... how should we say it? ... OLD!
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby oudis » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:04 am

Thank you very much for your feedback, Kimo.
As for Chamala, the two party event trigger is already in place, that is why you did not see her the first you climbed up the tower. She is only there after you speak with Genevieve.

Again, thank you for your feedback and words of support, I appreciate it!
oudis
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:01 pm

I haven't downloaded the demo yet (RL taking priority here), but, based upon price alone, I intend to do that this weekend. I've been very vocal about games being overpriced, so I just thought it fair I mention that I appreciate this price range. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby oudis » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:15 pm

Thanks for mentioning it and I'm looking foward for your feedback. I hope you enjoy the experience, Lady JJ!
oudis
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:50 am

oudis wrote:Thanks for mentioning it and I'm looking foward for your feedback. I hope you enjoy the experience, Lady JJ!

I finished the demo, took just under 2 hours which I think is a very good range for a demo. I'm still not a fan of the lo-res graphics, but my number one priority in a good game is a good story. You had me at Solo saying "Yeah, I'm a dragon slayer and you're what? a prince? You'll just slow me down. I'm outta here." (Paraphrasing) So, yes, I'm enjoying the game very much. I bought the full version.

So far the game has played smoothly, no glitches, and no missing files. That's a compliment to the dev since it's not uncommon for newly released games to need these kinds of kinks ironed out by the first wave of players. I hope I haven't just jinxed the game by typing that. +::biggrin The dialogue is well written as well. Aside from an occasional it's when it should be its, I haven't found any glaring spelling/grammatical errors.

I'll post again when I've had a chance to play more this weekend.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby oudis » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:53 pm

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback! I'm very happy that you're enjoying the game and that everything is running smoothly for you. I do tend to focus on the storyline, it is what I like doing the most, I'm glad you're finding it interesting.

I hope you continue to enjoy your experience with the game and please let me know your final thoughts when you have finished it.
oudis
Wanderer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers