Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Dragon's Prophecy

Re: New RPG: The Dragon's Prophecy

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:10 pm

Hi, I'm in the Elven Ruins and can't exit after killing all of the monsters. Is that part of the game or a glitch in system? +::sos
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:17 pm

I still love the 8 bit games and this one is pretty fun. I should be working but it's kept me going on it so that should say something +::biggrin So far up until I got stuck in Elven Ruins everything was great. I bought the game after playing demo.
I'll let you know more once I get out of this area. :)
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby oudis » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:47 pm

Hey, ZuluKat. Thank you for reporting that, it was indeed a glitch on my part. I have already fixed it and sent a new build to update. I will let you know here when it's available.

I'm happy to know you are enjoying the game! 8 bit games are very nostalgic, are they not?

Also, sorry for interfering with your work? +::biggrin
oudis
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:59 pm

Lady JJ wrote:So far the game has played smoothly, no glitches, and no missing files. That's a compliment to the dev since it's not uncommon for newly released games to need these kinds of kinks ironed out by the first wave of players. I hope I haven't just jinxed the game by typing that. +::biggrin

oudis wrote:Hey, ZuluKat. Thank you for reporting that, it was indeed a glitch on my part. I have already fixed it and sent a new build to update. I will let you know here when it's available.

Looks like I did, indeed, jinx the game. ;)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:09 pm

Thanks Oudis! No more jinxing Lady JJ :)
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby oudis » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:35 pm

I have personally sent an e-mail to every purchaser so far. You will find the download link for the updated build there.
In case you don't see the e-mail in your mailbox, check the spam folder. Sender is: oudisqulgeimes at gmail dot com

Let me know if I can be of further assistance, I'm here for you.
Keep enjoying the game!
oudis
Wanderer

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:54 pm

I don't deal well with RAR files...tried opening it and sorry but can't this be updated via re-downloading game from BMT?
Appreciate the personal email though.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby oudis » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:09 pm

I have sent you a PM, I believe that will solve the issue for you.
oudis
Wanderer

Postby kimo » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:02 pm

@oudis
Here are some minor game notes I made to share with you when playing the demo. It is every developer's choice, but the graphics are hard to accept without a personal history of nostagia-related gaming. Now ... if you made it a text-only game, then that would be nostalgic for me (even if I wouldn't buy a text game). +::biggrin

Status effects on enemies are hard to see due to lo-res graphics and also lack of color contrast with certain backgrounds. Also with no data displayed when "mouse over" the enemy, then not sure if party will awake a “Sleeping” enemy when attacking because the icon can be hard to see.

TP don’t adequately accumulate between encounters, so no reason to “ration” them for players’ future use. This reduces battle strategy to almost “hack and slash” in early game encounters. At this point, a “Rush” battle function would be good.

Visible enemies are an excellent choice.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby oudis » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:42 pm

Hi, Kimo. Thank you for this feedback.

The way status effects are displayed on enemies is something I can take a look at. It is indeed a good suggestion. Though informing whether or not a status will be cancelled would take a bit more work to add, it is also something I will look into, though.

As for the TP not carrying over, that was a design choice on my part. I didn't want battles where the player only attacks saving skills for bosses. I wanted the regular enemies to required skill usage as well, to make it more strategic and more dynamic. There is one accessory, one of the special ones, that you can find later in the game that allows the character to carry over his TP from one battler to another, though.

Thank you for your notes, I will make good use of them!
oudis
Wanderer

Postby ZuluKat » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:03 am

Ok, I completed all of the quests and got the dragon aura.
Spoiler: show
dragon went south I got to the castle surrounded by clouds but can't in there. Am I missing something?
And, I take it we can't go back to his father's castle to get those great weapons...lol...I'm really enjoying this game and I do agree with Kimo. Battles have been pretty easy also since I made sure to get all those ahem areas which listing would be another spoiler.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby kimo » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:05 am

oudis wrote:The way status effects are displayed on enemies is something I can take a look at. It is indeed a good suggestion. Though informing whether or not a status will be cancelled would take a bit more work to add, it is also something I will look into, though.

Sorry for the confusion about the "sleep" state. In almost every game, "sleep" is dispelled by a sucessful physical attack regardless of damage done. So, I was referring to the situations where a player would purposefully avoid targeting a "sleeping" enemy. But because it was hard to see an enemy's state, it would be helpful to know the enemy was sleeping by being able to "mouse over" or otherwise show the current state when using the cursor to highlight the specific enemy during the battle.

Similarly, if "stun" is possible, there is usually a chance % to "un-stun" the enemy. So, most players would direct their attacks to another enemy.

I hope that makes it a bit clearer. Let me know if you need more info.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:28 am

@kimo - The 'sleep' state is a purple zz which is difficult for me to see. I think it's probably impossible for you to see due to color blindness.

Has anyone finished the game? I'm in, I think, the final dungeon. I've dispatched the minions who helped to free the dragon, but I can't progress any further. There are some ^^ blockers, which I guess I'm supposed to turn to << but I can't figure out how to do that.

Gameplay thus far is 11 hours.

Edit-For some reason, my quest log still says I haven't completed the Hunter's Trial. But I don't know what else I'm supposed to do there.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby oudis » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:07 am

ZuluKat wrote:Ok, I completed all of the quests and got the dragon aura.
dragon went south I got to the castle surrounded by clouds but can't in there. Am I missing something?
And, I take it we can't go back to his father's castle to get those great weapons...lol...I'm really enjoying this game and I do agree with Kimo. Battles have been pretty easy also since I made sure to get all those ahem areas which listing would be another spoiler.

Hi, ZuluKat, after the Dragon heads south you're supposed to go south as well, there is a place there where you didn't find anything other than treasures? Remember what that was? It was the home of an ancient race and now it's in ruins...
Okay, I'll make it easier:
The Elven Ruins. Go there and find the Dragon.

kimo wrote:
oudis wrote:The way status effects are displayed on enemies is something I can take a look at. It is indeed a good suggestion. Though informing whether or not a status will be cancelled would take a bit more work to add, it is also something I will look into, though.

Sorry for the confusion about the "sleep" state. In almost every game, "sleep" is dispelled by a sucessful physical attack regardless of damage done. So, I was referring to the situations where a player would purposefully avoid targeting a "sleeping" enemy. But because it was hard to see an enemy's state, it would be helpful to know the enemy was sleeping by being able to "mouse over" or otherwise show the current state when using the cursor to highlight the specific enemy during the battle.

Similarly, if "stun" is possible, there is usually a chance % to "un-stun" the enemy. So, most players would direct their attacks to another enemy.

I hope that makes it a bit clearer. Let me know if you need more info.

Oh, I know what you mean now, it's more about the visibility of abnormalities on enemies, then. I believe a quick Icon editing would fix this. I'm on it.

Lady JJ wrote:@kimo - The 'sleep' state is a purple zz which is difficult for me to see. I think it's probably impossible for you to see due to color blindness.

Has anyone finished the game? I'm in, I think, the final dungeon. I've dispatched the minions who helped to free the dragon, but I can't progress any further. There are some ^^ blockers, which I guess I'm supposed to turn to << but I can't figure out how to do that.

Gameplay thus far is 11 hours.

Edit-For some reason, my quest log still says I haven't completed the Hunter's Trial. But I don't know what else I'm supposed to do there.

Have you found your way to the basement in this dungeon? There is a locked door right at the entrance, after you get the Dragon Key you can go back and open it. There is another boss fight inside the room and a portal leading to the basement. In the basement there was some impassable tiles. STOP JINXING THE GAME! +::biggrin Just kidding, Lady JJ.
Thanks for reporting this and it has already been fixed. An email with the patched build has been sent to all of you.

Let me know if I can help you any further, I'm here for you.
And also, when you finish the game, please let me know your full thoughts on it. :)
oudis
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:26 pm

The new build allowed me to get to that final battle. Final playtime was 12 hours, but that included probably at least an hour of flying over the world map and revisiting everywhere to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

The game reminds me of an Orfeas game, minus the secret rooms. It plays smoothly, all enemies are visible, leveling is done quite well so that battles are somewhat challenging without being frustrating. Those players who enjoy the Nightmare mode will be bored, but those who are looking for an entertaining way to pass a few hours will be pleased.

I really liked the demo because of the rapport between the prince and the dragon slayer, but then that dialogue came to s screeching halt. For me, that was disappointing, but for many more players who just don't like the 'walls of text,' they will definitely appreciate that. The dialogue did pick up again a bit when the prince and the king reunited. I did think the elemental cave mazes were a bit larger than necessary, but 'left-hugging the wall' allowed for full exploration. I'd be a little more critical if they were full of traps and unexpected transfers. And since there was no lag or stuttering at all, along with visible enemies, the mazes were easy to navigate.

I am not a fan of the lo-res graphics, but I respect that many players brought up on SNES do have a fascination for this 'old school' design. Personally I find that that the older my eyes get, the more I appreciate the hi-res, detailed graphics. Still, once I got used to the visuals, I barely thought about it. I think I did miss a few chests inside buildings, but the lost goodies didn't detract from my ability to play and complete the game.

All in all, I'm glad I purchased and played the full version.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers