Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Shadows of the Night

Re: New RPG: Shadows of the Night

Postby MONCHA5 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:41 pm

Where is the swamp to collect the herbs?

That ship does not work?
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Anima » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:59 am

MONCHA5 wrote:Where is the swamp to collect the herbs?

That ship does not work?

The swamp is to the southeast of Whiterain Village.
The ship cannot be sailed, it's just to symbolize how the party got there. At that point, you have business to attend to on that island.
Anima
Bard

Postby MONCHA5 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:05 pm

I went to phoenix feather village to buy items, and then look out for the three keys +::sos but i cant go out!!
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby MONCHA5 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:39 pm

Is there any place to buy items? I think is urgent to fix that error.
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby gmz26 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:09 pm

I also went to phoenix feather village to buy items, and then look out for the three keys and now can not leave the city. Will there be a fix for this? I am unable to continue with the game.
gmz26
Wanderer

Postby Anima » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:35 pm

I know exactly what the issue is, the new build will be available today.

Also, you can also go to the Night Fotress to purchase new items.
Anima
Bard

Postby Anima » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:18 pm

The new build is now available! :)
Anima
Bard

Postby Poutlaw » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:47 pm

I am very disappointed. It only took me 5 hours to complete this game!!! seriously!!! You want to charge 20.00 for a game that lasts 5 hours???!!! Am I missing something??? What ever happened to great games like Laxius Force, Forever heros, and games that take days with lots to explore and upgrade your characters??!!! I did enjoy this game but now I done with it and probably wont find any fun replaying it since there are no side quests, secret rooms or anything that would grab my attention. Also there is another glitch in the game, it starts before you go to the final battle place and if you go into town to stock up on supplies you cannot get out.
Poutlaw
Peasant

Postby Anima » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:12 pm

Hey, Poutlaw,

I am very sorry you feel that way. :(
The lenght of a game is largely dependent on how one plays it, it seems you fall on the faster side of that spectrum, I understand your frustratation.

Now, there are sidequests in the game and there are secrets as well.
The glitch you mentioned in the last town was promptly fixed.
Anima
Bard

Postby Salvia » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:59 pm

I just started the game and I know that this is probably a dumb question, but how do I get to the chest on top of the fort Night Fortress? I can't find a stairway inside, but I'm probably missing something. According to the guide I assume that this chest holds the 200 G.
Salvia
Peasant

Postby MerryX » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:10 am

Anima wrote:The new build is now available! :)

Hi Anima,

RL interrupted me and by the time I got back to the game my password had expired. I wish BMT Micro didn't do that! +::grrr Anyway, I found a work around if people are interested and getting stuck...

Spoiler: show
I had been getting stuck in the Phoenixfeather Village too and without the new build, I thought I'd try going to the Night Fortress which someone suggested. Couldn't get in directly, so got in via the Abandoned Town tunnels but then couldn't find any merchants to sell me stuff +::cry Was able to rest but no supplies!!

So after some trial and error, I exited from the NF to the south and then went west to LightBeacon Castle where I could load up +::YAY

It's a bit convoluted - especially if I just want to find somewhere to rest but it may mean I can finish the game.

I am enjoying the game very much. It's a bit tricky if you don't work it just right - I've had to go back to some earlier saves a couple of times as I'd painted myself into a corner +::surrender And some of the fights have been tough and skin of the teeth +::O_o All of this has meant I have been really engaged in it all.

Thank you,

MerryX +::Dance
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:14 am

Salvia wrote:I just started the game and I know that this is probably a dumb question, but how do I get to the chest on top of the fort Night Fortress? I can't find a stairway inside, but I'm probably missing something. According to the guide I assume that this chest holds the 200 G.

If you figure it out, Salvia, let me know as I tried to get it as well. Went round everywhere looking for ladders or stairs, and even tried to fling myself across to it with absolutely no luck. So in the end I left it as a "teaser"...damn you, Anima +::cry

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:25 am

Hi Anima,

I have now finished the game - the last battle was a doozy!!! +::O_o

It took me about 13 hours (I dawdle a bit, and had to backtrack a couple of times) and all characters levelled up to 25; Gondo Level 29. I didn't end up using Rina - came a bit late in the game for me and I couldn't get my head around her skills to "fit" her in. My final team was Lucian, Pallas, Agra and Camilla. [FYI - Camilla's Holy Aura skill increases MatAt for allies not decreases MDef on enemies.] I was a bit perplexed over Lucian's lack of skills and it was hard levelling him up and keeping him alive. As the story progressed though I understood.

I really enjoyed the game - the characters, the storyline, the battles, and the gear. Unusually for me I had the background music playing quietly and did not get bored or irritated and felt it fitted the story. No major issues except the freeze with the King and Gondo in the early part of the game but I was busy dying badly so waited for the updated version. Missed the later one due to expiring password as I said earlier but found a great work around (I actually secretly impressed myself +::biggrin ) and was able to finish.

Thanks for all your hard work - good game and I'd recommend to others.

MerryX :)
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Anima » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:02 pm

I'm afraid I have missed a few posts here, I apologize and I'll adress them now. :)

Salvia wrote:I just started the game and I know that this is probably a dumb question, but how do I get to the chest on top of the fort Night Fortress? I can't find a stairway inside, but I'm probably missing something. According to the guide I assume that this chest holds the 200 G.

That has been fixed a while back, if I'm not mistaken. Could you please download the game again and let me know how it goes? There should be a ladder leading to the chest now.

MerryX wrote:Hi Anima,

I have now finished the game - the last battle was a doozy!!! +::O_o

It took me about 13 hours (I dawdle a bit, and had to backtrack a couple of times) and all characters levelled up to 25; Gondo Level 29. I didn't end up using Rina - came a bit late in the game for me and I couldn't get my head around her skills to "fit" her in. My final team was Lucian, Pallas, Agra and Camilla. [FYI - Camilla's Holy Aura skill increases MatAt for allies not decreases MDef on enemies.] I was a bit perplexed over Lucian's lack of skills and it was hard levelling him up and keeping him alive. As the story progressed though I understood.

I really enjoyed the game - the characters, the storyline, the battles, and the gear. Unusually for me I had the background music playing quietly and did not get bored or irritated and felt it fitted the story. No major issues except the freeze with the King and Gondo in the early part of the game but I was busy dying badly so waited for the updated version. Missed the later one due to expiring password as I said earlier but found a great work around (I actually secretly impressed myself +::biggrin ) and was able to finish.

Thanks for all your hard work - good game and I'd recommend to others.

MerryX :)

MerryX! First of all, thank you for your continued support! I'm very grateful for it. :)
I'm happy to know you have enjoyed the game and specially that you have enjoyed the storyline, that is what I always focus the most on. I did think Lucian would be a bit of weight more than anything else at first, but there was a story reason for such a thing and I'm glad you caught on that.

I had some players complaining about the difficulty on some of my past games so I tried to make the combat a bit more engaging on this one, I hope I have succeeded.

Congratulations on the work around you have found, on beating the game and most important of all, again, thank you very much for your support. I'll keep working on becoming a better Game Developer, thanks to you! :)
Anima
Bard

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers