Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

First Light

Re: New RPG: First Light

Postby crawfors » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:42 pm

oh yeah! it honestly was not meant to imply you didn't do those things or that you weren't valuing your audience

it's really a reminder to ALL of us developers that all the people here buy our games because they want to enjoy their time.

and i'm just as guilty as the next dev- sometimes we miss bugs, the longer the game the more likely they are.

my bad if it came across like i was coming at you - didn't intend it that way at all
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MageHat » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:46 pm

It's all good. crawfors. For a moment I did think it was a specific comment targeted at me.

MerryX wrote:
MageHat wrote:Hi, MerryX. I see you have adopted a great strategy for the battles. Dan will get considerably better once he is more levelled, he will start mastering some cool skills, you will see. :)

It's great that you're having a good experience with the game. Keep enjoying it and let me know how it goes!

Hi MageHat,

I have just finished the game...I think +::Dunno ...and I feel a bit left up in the air. The reason why I say this is because it feels like it finished a bit abruptly and I kept collecting gear (bucklers) I could not equip on anyone so thought perhaps someone else would turn up?
Spoiler: show
I wondered if Dad would somehow miraculously survive or they would meet up with another character(s)?

In saying that, I did have a good time and game play was about 6.5 hours, with characters levelled to Guidry (18), Dan (17), and Ava (19). Still did not get excited about Dan although...
he wiped out the last boss with his latest skill (Team Shot) which was a major surprise and felt too easy after all the tough boss battles before. So a bit "limp" at the end, I think +:::|

I still think the story is a great concept, so thank you and keep giving us great games and good stories.

MerryX

Hi, MerryX.
The updated build is now available. I hope you have fun with the last boss!
Let me know how it goes, please. :)
MageHat
Peasant

Postby MerryX » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:26 pm

Hi, MerryX.
The updated build is now available. I hope you have fun with the last boss!
Let me know how it goes, please. :)

Oh boy, okay...I'll give it a go but pardon me if I whine just a little as I really hate this last boss! Apart from being super ugly, it just wouldn't lay down and die last time with the Dad so I am expecting something truly epic now you've fixed it +::O_o

MerryX

PS...Okay, back at it and the ugly monster at least truly went down this time
and didn't repeatedly revive itself!!
Took me about another 15 minutes game play but it went DOWN +::YAY And able to successfully equip the bucklers which added a welcome defence buffer that I had gone through the entire game without BTW +::lol

Overall, I would have to say the storyline was short and well done although I still felt the end left me feeling not quite "finished". The dungeon battles were difficult but doable. Did like visible enemies and being able to save anytime. Was not quite sure about the section after getting the 3 orbs - what were those germy things?!! Had to use quite a lot of my gathered items to get through so was grateful to have another dungeon after that to collect more loot.

Thanks for the game and a few hours of adrenaline and fun ;)

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MageHat » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:08 am

Congratulations on beating the boss! It was my goal that defeating it gave the player a really sense of accomplishment after what the boss puts you through. I hope that was done right.

As for the storyline ending too abruptly... Well, perhaps I should do a sequel, then? :)

Your last comment about a few hours or adrenaline and fun made my day. That was exactly the experience I wanted the game to provide.

Once more, MerryX, thank you very much for your feedback. I appreciate your support. :)
MageHat
Peasant

Postby blumyst » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:35 pm

MageHat wrote:Hi, blumyst.

That is very strange as it doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else.
Does this occur only in the full game and not the demo? Does the demo run fine for you?

I suggest you try re-downloading the full game and installing it again.
If you could clarify those questions for me and let me know how it goes, I can help you further.

I downloaded the new verson tried it still says the same error message. Unable to initialize graphics
I made the demo work wish I could make the game work now
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby MageHat » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:35 am

I wish I could be of more assistance with this but sadly I cannot. I don't know the origin of that error as I've been unable to reproduce it myself and even get others to reproduce it. It could be something with your hardware but I don't want to make that affirmation and sound like I'm dodging the issue.

I believe the best option for you at this point is ask for a refund, sadly. :(
MageHat
Peasant

Postby kimo » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:06 pm

MageHat wrote:I wish I could be of more assistance with this but sadly I cannot. I don't know the origin of that error as I've been unable to reproduce it myself and even get others to reproduce it. It could be something with your hardware but I don't want to make that affirmation and sound like I'm dodging the issue.

This defies logic. There is obviously a variable that has not been taken into account. Otherwise, how can the fact that the demo will run without problem for @blumyst but the full game cannot. If both versions had graphics issues, it would make more sense.

What about the demo and full game is different?
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:02 am

kimo wrote:
MageHat wrote:I wish I could be of more assistance with this but sadly I cannot. I don't know the origin of that error as I've been unable to reproduce it myself and even get others to reproduce it. It could be something with your hardware but I don't want to make that affirmation and sound like I'm dodging the issue.

This defies logic. There is obviously a variable that has not been taken into account. Otherwise, how can the fact that the demo will run without problem for @blumyst but the full game cannot. If both versions had graphics issues, it would make more sense.

the demo wouldnt work at first
till I opened the files looked for the one called package its in notepad when you click on it) then just after this code {
"name": "rmmz-game",
"main": "index.html",
"chromium-args": "--force-color-profile=srgb" ,

OMG!! yaay I just got it to work! I just had to add the sode right after

was something else and instead of the other code I added
"chromium-args" : "--enable-webgl --ignore-gpu-blacklist",
And the demo worked

so in other words its got something to do with this code in the full game:
--disable-devtools",

OMG ! I just got it to work all I had to do was add this code: "chromium-args" : "--enable-webgl --ignore-gpu-blacklist",
right after --disable-devtools", wow im learning alot LoL I should learn to type better lol
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby MageHat » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:36 am

kimo wrote:

The only difference is that the demo has an event that prevents you from progressing further. As far as coding, material and everything else, honestly, the build is exactly the same. It does defy logic and I wish I could understand but I have been unable to do it so far.
MageHat
Peasant

Postby crawfors » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:35 am

honestly things like that just happen because computers are weird

did he unzip vs 7zip the file? that can mess things up

save it to desktop vs bury it onto a c drive so now it doesn't run properly? (ive had that happen)

it could have just been a bad install where they need to redownload the game and try again
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:52 pm

crawfors wrote:honestly things like that just happen because computers are weird

did he unzip vs 7zip the file? that can mess things up

save it to desktop vs bury it onto a c drive so now it doesn't run properly? (ive had that happen)

it could have just been a bad install where they need to redownload the game and try again

She didnt have to unzip it. I just downloaded it and then installed it but I did make it work. I
know one of the game developers there and He helped me with another game that he developed. Gave me a code thats
helped with more games
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby MageHat » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:59 am

I'm happy to know you got it all sorted out. I hope you enjoy your time with the game. Let me know if I can help you with anything. :)
MageHat
Peasant

Re: First Light

Postby blumyst » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:13 am

thats confusing! when you look at the game from the site it says its from the deep a newer game then you go to forum andits first light. a game thats been out. That needs fixing
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Re: First Light

Postby briony » Fri May 19, 2023 1:30 am

story of game is interesting but game itself esp the dungeons are very generic- overall the dungeons could have been much more interesting
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers