First Light

First Light

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:29 am

FIRST LIGHT
$11.99 only!

This is the latest game by Mage's Hat.

Image Image

SUMMARY:

After a devastating Plague purged most of humanity, the few who survived escaped to the underground, in an
attempt to survive the disease. After a decade of living in the dark, away from the world. Bahar, and his wife Guidry,
believe the Plague has ceased to be and are on the pursuit of a way out, a way back to the world they once knew.

The path is long and perillous, but they will walk it bravely so their children, Dan and Ava, can finally start
living instead of just surviving.

FEATURES:

- A touching storyline that will resonate with all of us given the latest circumstances.
- An adventurous pace that will keep you on your toes.
- Explore the underground world, a place full of mystery and dangers.
- Auto-save feature to keep you from meaningless repetition.

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :) +::Thumbup
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: First Light

Postby jas » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:44 pm

Once the party split from the father, I am unable to beat any of the enemys. Is there no where that I can upgrade my weapons or armor? I have tried all three doors that have orbs and no success.
jas
Peasant

Postby kimo » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:54 pm

I found the demo too short at barely 30 minutes and given what @Jas said I am not sure about purchasing even though the price is excellent.

@Jas is refering to the game as it continues immediately after the end of the demo and there is no way to know the dynamics of the party with just the mother and 2 kids unless you buy the game. I don't know why the party cannot win those required battles in the 3 dungeons to which he is refering.

Things I did like is visible monsters, "save anywhere" option, and an automatic back-up save.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby MageHat » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:34 am

jas wrote:Once the party split from the father, I am unable to beat any of the enemys. Is there no where that I can upgrade my weapons or armor? I have tried all three doors that have orbs and no success.

Hey, Jas. The first and easier dungeon to go through is the one to the left. The first enemies are indeed very tough, but once you defeat two or three battles you will be at a level where things will get easier. So for the first battles, make sure to use Ava's Fire I skill as at that point it's the one that does more damage, have Guidry on healing duty at all times and also have her use Weapon Bless on Dan. After every fight, heal up.

After a few levels and after collecting all treasures, the difficulty will start getting even. That spike was intentional for narrative purposes. I wanted you to feel like this got harder, and actually experience it on the gameplay level.

Let me know if this helps you and if it doesn't, I'll figure this out with you. :)
Last edited by MageHat on Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
MageHat
Peasant

Postby MageHat » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:36 am

kimo wrote:I found the demo too short at barely 30 minutes and given what @Jas said I am not sure about purchasing even though the price is excellent.

@Jas is refering to the game as it continues immediately after the end of the demo and there is no way to know the dynamics of the party with just the mother and 2 kids unless you buy the game. I don't know why the party cannot win those required battles in the 3 dungeons to which he is refering.

Things I did like is visible monsters, "save anywhere" option, and an automatic back-up save.

Hey, kimo. There is a purposeful difficulty spike after the party split, for narrative purposes. As I have explained to Jas though, after the first few fights the party will quickly level up and you will start to get a hang of things.

Spoiler: show
My intent was to make the player feel the absence of the original party member, to actually add in that feeling of loss into the gameplay. Hence the increased difficulty at first.

If the difficulty turns out to be too steep for you players, I'll be here to adjust it promptly as I will be to adjust and solve anything else that pops up, if anything pops up. That's what I'm here for, kimo. I want you guys to have the best experience possible. :)
Last edited by MageHat on Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
MageHat
Peasant

Postby MageHat » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:00 am

Sorry, ended up posting twice. :(
MageHat
Peasant

Postby MerryX » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:28 am

Hi MageHat,

I have bought the full game and as you said there is an initial difficulty but as long as I focused on healing and enhancing the kids' attacks with Mum, I managed to scrape through. And it did feel like there was a real loss with Dad so nice strategy. Once the Mum got Saint 1 (Level 2 or 3) it was a game changer. Still finding the young boy quick but a bit of a light weight but he can heal the others if needed while the girls pound away +::biggrin

I am enjoying myself so far - I did go to the first dungeon on the left luckily so I've just finished that one and now onto the next two. No major glitches so far except I had to fiddle around to get my Demo save over to the full version.

MerryX :)
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MageHat » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:49 am

Hi, MerryX. I see you have adopted a great strategy for the battles. Dan will get considerably better once he is more levelled, he will start mastering some cool skills, you will see. :)

It's great that you're having a good experience with the game. Keep enjoying it and let me know how it goes!
MageHat
Peasant

Postby blumyst » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:34 pm

Hi, I just bought the game then nstalled it and tried to play it but it wouldnt start it says failed to initialize
graphics. I know if I add a line to it it will work. This is the line I got from another game developer that
made the game work and I know where to put it, "chromium-args" : "--enable-webgl --ignore-gpu-blacklist",
but its not working with the full version like it did wth the demo
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby MageHat » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:58 am

Hi, blumyst.

That is very strange as it doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else.
Does this occur only in the full game and not the demo? Does the demo run fine for you?

I suggest you try re-downloading the full game and installing it again.
If you could clarify those questions for me and let me know how it goes, I can help you further.
MageHat
Peasant

Postby blumyst » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:25 am

MageHat wrote:Hi, blumyst.

That is very strange as it doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else.
Does this occur only in the full game and not the demo? Does the demo run fine for you?

I suggest you try re-downloading the full game and installing it again.
If you could clarify those questions for me and let me know how it goes, I can help you further.

Hi MageHat,
this is what I get when I try to start the game
Error
Failed to initialize graphics.
The demo tried doing that but managed to fix it by going into the package and adding a line of code to it. The same code
doesnt work in the full cause in there where this line need to go is: --disable-devtools", everything else in that called package is all the same as the demo one. I cant send you a screenshot thru here causeI have to go thru a seperate website just to do that.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:39 am

MageHat wrote:Hi, MerryX. I see you have adopted a great strategy for the battles. Dan will get considerably better once he is more levelled, he will start mastering some cool skills, you will see. :)

It's great that you're having a good experience with the game. Keep enjoying it and let me know how it goes!

Hi MageHat,

I have just finished the game...I think +::Dunno ...and I feel a bit left up in the air. The reason why I say this is because it feels like it finished a bit abruptly and I kept collecting gear (bucklers) I could not equip on anyone so thought perhaps someone else would turn up?
I wondered if Dad would somehow miraculously survive or they would meet up with another character(s)?

In saying that, I did have a good time and game play was about 6.5 hours, with characters levelled to Guidry (18), Dan (17), and Ava (19). Still did not get excited about Dan although...
he wiped out the last boss with his latest skill (Team Shot) which was a major surprise and felt too easy after all the tough boss battles before. So a bit "limp" at the end, I think +:::|

I still think the story is a great concept, so thank you and keep giving us great games and good stories.

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MageHat » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:28 am

Hi, MerryX.

You have reported two things that had gone unnoticed, the inability of equiping shields and the last boss being done with after one skill. That has been fixed and the build has gone into update. I will let you know when it's available and when it is, I think you should download it and fight the last boss again. You haven't had the experience I planned you to have against him. :)

I'm glad to know you have had a good time with the game though and that you liked the story's idea.
Thank you very much for supporting my work and for giving me feedback on it. That is something I am truly grateful for.
MageHat
Peasant

Postby crawfors » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:57 am

please playtest your games before you launch them for people to buy

the audience are not the play testers, they are customers

they value YOU enough to give you their money,
value THEM enough by taking the time to look for simple and easy bugs

and i get it- some of us make 20-50 hour games- you can't catch every bug and some slip through the cracks, but put in the effort to keep bugs to a minimum

Shane
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MageHat » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:35 pm

I appreciate the comment, crawfors. However, it implies that the game was not beta tested and it's ridden with bugs, which is simply UNTRUE. The bug MerryX reported was the first bug reported and it happens right at the end of the game. As you have said it yourself, we can't catch them all, sadly.

I do value my customers and I do playtest my games.
MageHat
Peasant

Next

Return to Games from other Developers