Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Through the Mist

Through the Mist

Postby Indinera » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:07 am

THROUGH THE MIST
$14.99

This is the latest game by Old School Games, already behind Chains of Time and The Great Divide.

Image Image

Please also note that the game also comes with a 68-page $4.99 strategy guide available for purchase:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

Edan, once a regular young man from a peaceful village, discovers he is the Lightwielder. A gifted hero destined
to protect the land against evil. After completing long years of hard training, he is ready to commence his journey.

A terrible disease known as the Blight is spreading across all four corners of the world. Without a known
cure or treatment, he who is afflicted by it, is doomed. As the Lighwielder and also as someone who lost both his
parents to the disease, Edan must now find it's origin and cause and put it to an end. He is people's last hope.

FEATURES:

- Engaging storyline and characters.
- Varied locations to explore.
- Optional content to complete.
- Beautiful visuals and art.
- Quest Journal to keep track of your progress.
- Mouse Support.

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :) +::Thumbup
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Through the Mist

Postby Nyx » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:55 pm

Are there secret door/caves to be found?
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby oudis » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:30 pm

There are optional dungeons you can venture into, yes.
oudis
Wanderer

Postby MerryX » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:18 am

Played the demo with no problems and I am enjoying the start of the story and the characters so I bought the full version "to find out what happens!" +::lol

I'll let you know how I go.

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby oudis » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:02 am

Yes! Happy to know you're enjoying it! Do keep me posted, please. :)
oudis
Wanderer

Postby cherye » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:48 am

I killed Nazhalgal the 1st time and she got away. Where can I go from here? I have already explored everything. Please help me.
Cherye
cherye
Wanderer

Postby oudis » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:56 am

Head back to the place where you first saw him.

Spoiler: show
Abyssal Desert

:)
oudis
Wanderer

Postby MerryX » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:33 am

oudis wrote:Yes! Happy to know you're enjoying it! Do keep me posted, please. :)

Hi oudis,

I have just finished the game and had a pretty good time. It took me about 10.5 hours and levelled each character up to Level 26.
The game played smoothly with no problems at all and the storyline was quite good +::clap I felt the ending was trying to finish up the story but I was sorry you didn't include what happened with all the team.
I do like visible enemies - sneak attacks make me anxious and not always in a good way ;) The graphics were excellent and the characters were beautifully drawn.

One thing that I noticed - and some people may say "shhhh, leave it alone" - was I found the battles felt "uneven" - by that I mean in the early stages some enemies seemed almost too strong and it was a bit of a scramble to defeat them.
Misty Dungeon #1 and #2 - the Lamias and some bull-like creature I forget the name of +::O_o

Had to use all my skills and then some. And then later on, some of the enemies seemed almost too weak - and not just because my team was stronger and better equipped
(e.g., the Hell hounds in one of the last dungeons - Stone Path, I think - never were able to do any damage over 100 which meant I just pounded them into dust. And similar to the next dungeon, the Earth's Core - with the skeletons and necromancers - apart from nasty paralysis which rarely succeeded, it almost felt a bit easy!? +:::|

And although it wasn't a problem for me as I was always well stocked, the item drops after defeating the enemies were a bit meagre - I mean, one lousy potion after dispatching a difficult boss!? Really +::Dunno On the other hand, the boss battles were a challenge so that was great +::biggrin

Thanks again for another fun ride - until next time...

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby oudis » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:03 am

Hello, MerryX!

Thank you for your solid feedback, as always!
I will look into the balancing aspects of the combat that you have mentioned, if there is room for improvement as there seems to be, I'll work on it. :)

I'm happy you had a good time with the game, thank you for your support!
oudis
Wanderer

Return to Games from other Developers