Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Crown of Light

Crown of Light

Postby Indinera » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:10 pm

CROWN OF LIGHT

$14.99

This is the latest game by Valkyria Games.

Image Image

Please also note that the game also comes with a 73-page $4.99 strategy guide available for purchase:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

In Beacon Town, special girls are trained from an early age to become Maidens. The only ones capable of
wearing the Crown of Light, a relic from ancient times with great power, to be used for good, and for bad. Upon
facing a threat from those known only as the Invaders, a conqueror's nation in expansion, the King sees the rise
of a new Maiden as the only way to survive against this new enemy.

Beatrice has trained her whole life for this day, even if she never imagined it would really come. Brave,
naive and determined, she will face the trials of her life to fulfill her destiny.

FEATURES:

- Classic storyline.
- Compelling party of characters.
- Vast and varied world to explore. From forests, to caves, to towers, ruins and castles.
- Mouse Support.
- Up to 10 hours of gameplay.

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :) +::Thumbup
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Crown of Light

Postby blumyst » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:44 am

just bought the game but the save file from the demo didnt transfer to the full game.
So how do that. Was just trying to but it didnt work
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:03 am

Hello, Blumyst. Go to the demo's folder and look for the save folder, copy it's contents and paste them into the full game's folder of the same name. :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:52 am

Del wrote:Hello, Blumyst. Go to the demo's folder and look for the save folder, copy it's contents and paste them into the full game's folder of the same name. :)

Hi Del, thanks I was getting confused when trying to do it. Good game
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:51 am

Always happy to help! Enjoy! :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:17 am

Hi Del,
I played the demo and everything ran smoothly. The story enticed me to buy the full version although I am a little wary about the reference to "Maid" - sounded close to vestal virgin / sacrifice :( So I'm cautious how things are going to turn out...

I have run across one glitch in the Cursed Mines Level B2 - first corridor on left at the end. Unable to reach/open the second chest due to an inconveniently placed pot hole on the floor.

Other than that, so far so good :)

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:58 am

Oh, and definitely missing a Quest Log!!!

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Del » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:57 am

Hello, MerryX!

I will look into that treasure chest you mentioned right away!

As for the Maiden theme:
Spoiler: show
It's nothing like that so put your mind at ease :)

Thank you for your feedback and enjoy the game!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:39 am

Hi Del,

Still going and really enjoying the game. So far my little "Maiden" is kicking arse!! I'm up to the Pyramid.

A couple of things to mention -
    - Mithril Shield in Ice Cave or from the merchant unable to be equipped so unless you have another character floating around...? (Later on also found the Dragon Shield unable to be equipped)
    - a World map would be so handy with these games (hint, hint)
    - Armor Piercer skill only targets one enemy not all enemies as the description says
    - extremely generous item drops mean I am maxing out very quickly with Dispel Herbs, Stimulants, and Super Potions! Far be it for me to complain about too much of a good thing but...it's probably too much +::biggrin

I am finding the mazes a great challenge - different from the usual keep your hand on the left wall and explore every inch. The addition of needing to take into account the vertical axis is a real test of memory and space..."didn't I just go past that rock before...?"

All the best,
MerryX
Last edited by MerryX on Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:49 am

Hi Del,

I have just finished the game. It took me about 13 hours so a decent length and I levelled up the Scytra (33); Beatrice (36); Sebastien (33); and Oda (33).

The game played very smoothly with a mouse, the graphics were clear and attractive. There was not a great deal of dialogue so, while the storyline was there, it was targetted on the main goal with little time to develop the characters and enrich the story. I think I may have missed that in this game, particularly as I felt it was such a good game in many ways, it could have been great!

The equipment was decent and as I said earlier, the item drops and gold were very generous. I finished up with nearly $50,000 surplus and I definitely didn't stint on buying stuff.

One thing I noticed particularly towards the end was the battles were not quite as challenging as I'd expected - either my play is improving +::lol or the equipment was mighty or the enemies were just not very strong. In the final dungeon, I was only getting damaged with hits around under 100 (and some were embarrassingly under 10). Mind you, it was nice not to be slaughtered but it may be the battles were a bit uneven.

I think the way you have designed the dungeons is great - I have been playing these games quite a lot over the past few weeks and I must admit getting a bit tired of the stock standard layout. These dungeons are tricky and as I staggered out the other side of a few of them, I was never quite sure I'd managed to find everything without having got turned around +::O_o And sometimes I turn round and stomp back in - and other times I'd run away screaming "I don't care!!!!" +::surrender

Overall, I did enjoy myself quite a lot and would happily recommend.

Thanks as always, Del, for your hard work.
MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Del » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:10 pm

First of all, THANK YOU for your feedback and support. I really appreciate that.
Reading through your impressions on the game was really satisfying and helpful, I'm grateful, really.

I'm so glad that you have enjoyed the dungeons, sometimes it's hard to make those fun in a JRPG.

I'll also work hard upon the critique you have made regarding the combat and the character development. Thank you for your input on those, know that it was very valuable to me.

Congratulations on finishing the game and again, thank you very much! :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Return to Games from other Developers