Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

New RPG: A Heroine Story

New RPG: A Heroine Story

Postby Indinera » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:36 pm

A HEROINE STORY

$14.99

This is the latest game by Old School Games.

Image Image

Please also note that the game also comes with a 63-page $4.99 strategy guide available for purchase:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

Victoria continues her family's legacy as the Mayor of a small village in the snowy valley. Determined to
provide for those who depend on her, she will stop at nothing to guarantee their safety and well being. Her duty
is her life, and she would sacrifice herself in order to fulfill it.

When a wizard comes to the village to help Victoria against a magical entity, things take a turn for the
unexpected and the young mayor will have to make a decision that will change her life forever.

FEATURES:

- Classical Storyline.
- A well developed cast of characters.
- Many different places to explores, caves, forests, mountains and more.
- Optional dungeons to explore.
- A Quest Journal to help you keep track of your objectives.
- Mouse Support.

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :) +::Thumbup
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: A Heroine Story

Postby MerryX » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:47 am

Hi oudis,

Playing the Demo and noticed that it takes a bit of manoeuvring to trigger the battles with the Poisoned Tentacles. It eventually works but it's picky about where you click the mouse :( Otherwise, so far so good :)

TBH, I am unsure about buying the full version as the story is not quite grabbing me yet. A young female mayor and a warrior sidekick with no back story to pull me in. It seems I need something "meaningful" to pull me in...who knew!!? +:::|

However, I do like to support game developers so I'll see how I go over the Christmas break ;)

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby oudis » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:40 pm

Hi, MerryX,

I wanted the story to have a quick start, with a small task turning into something much greater. That's why I didn't take the time to fully detail the back story of the characters.

Thank you for your feedback, as always. And if you do give the full game a chance, please let me know your thoughts on it. :)
oudis
Wanderer

Postby MerryX » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:11 am

oudis wrote:Hi, MerryX,

I wanted the story to have a quick start, with a small task turning into something much greater. That's why I didn't take the time to fully detail the back story of the characters.

Thank you for your feedback, as always. And if you do give the full game a chance, please let me know your thoughts on it. :)

Hi oudis,

Well, I just finished the game so I'll fill you in. It took me around 8 hours and all characters up to Level 25. I'm afraid I have to confess I still didn't totally 'warm' to this game unlike The Dragon's Prophecy which I played recently and really liked (I wrote my thoughts about it in the Forum - viewtopic.php?f=135&t=10217&start=30). I think partly because it was a bit different and daring, whereas this game felt more standard and following a familiar formula. So nothing really stood out for me to catch my attention. All the characters felt a bit ordinary although I did quite like Celeste as she hit surprisingly hard and could also usefully keep the team alive. A bit of an all-rounder :)

The game did play smoothly with a mouse - although I did continue to find the bosses were a bit "picky" with me to get the battles started. I had to manoeuvre around to find the right spot.

I am sorry I didn't like it more as I am conscious game developers work hard to make games for me to enjoy - and I most definitely can't create games myself. But I feel I need to let you know my honest thoughts - it just missed the mark for me and I am going to be a little more cautious with games developed using this particular program as after a while I have found it a bit boring +::tired I have been on a bit of a streak playing quite a number of rpgs recently so I may have ended up a bit over-exposed.

All the best and hope to play more of your games in the future - especially if they're a bit out of the box +::lol

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby oudis » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:48 am

Hi, MerryX!

Thank you for your honest feedback. I did took more chances with The Dragon's Prophecy and I'm glad you have noticed that.

I'll keep working on my craft and I hope my next game delivers a better experience for you!
oudis
Wanderer

Postby Gorilla4 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:23 pm

Well I purchased this little gem and I like it a lot. I am just in the beginning in the frozen cave.
There is a small issue with the saving spots. It starts at the 4th spot and don't ever let you too choose where you want to save, but not in the same spot don't worry. I think it is ok anyway...
I will let you know if I find something. But the weather will not be good here in Montreal these days, expecting snowstorm and power outage! Oh my! +::Thumbup
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Gorilla4 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:27 pm

The thing with the saving spots is fixed! In fact when you reenter the game and save later, it is behaving normally. I don't understand why it happened to me... +:::|
Gorilla4
Bard

Return to Games from other Developers