Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Barry of Wrath

Re: New RPG: Barry of Wrath

Postby crawfors » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:42 pm

@kimo that is unbelievably high praise and i simply cannot thank you enough for the kind words.
I'm truly touched and glad that you feel that way.

and making the second best games out there is certainly much better than I would have expected at this stage in my game making career.

there's also no shame in being outshined by Indy as he does incredible work and deserves all of the success he has had.

@merryx you are crushing it!
going at the boss with full energy huh. lol
i have a feeling i'll be seeing you over at 7th star very soon :)

Thanks guys/gals.

Shane
WOlfs Moon Studios
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:01 pm

Hi Crawfors,

Well, I've just finished and what can I say that I haven't already!!?

It took me about 71:49 hours and I loved every minute of it (except the serious grinding I had to do in the beginning but that was my choice and it did pay off). I somehow got everyone up to level 30+ before the split and it made the next part of the story go well.

The story, characters, funny dialogue, game play, music, etc - all was amazing - and I really had a sense of satisfaction and completion at the end.

I was very pleased with my final team - Barry, Melody, Eber and Traz. For me it felt like a good balance and they did seem to work well together to take that puppy DOWN +::biggrin

I would highly recommend this game +::clap ...and thank you so much for bringing us Barry - he was a real sweetheart and his story along with his friends was truly EPIC +::heart +::kiss
PS Edit as "epic" deserved to be all in capitals +::YAY

Now, I'm off to 7th Star +::Dance

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

After the holy glove...

Postby jincyk » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:54 pm

This is an absolutely wonderful game.

Unfortunately I can't remember where to go for the thing you need after the holy glove to defeat the harvester. Where is it?

(I'll probably figure it out the minute I post this, but still...)
jincyk
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:58 pm

LOL! thank you so much

return to hot spring village (where you first found Ailey)
there's a wizard in the house in the bottom right that will combine your relics and open a portal to Nexium

(if i'm remembering correctly)
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:19 am

crawfors wrote:
blumyst wrote:Hi can someone please tell me how to make it full window. I try f3 but that doesnt do it and am not sure how to make it so it comes up full screen?

holy cow BLum i didn't even see this message.
sorry about that!

you tried f3,

give f4 a shot! that should be what you need

Thankyou Craw
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

planet crusher strategy

Postby jincyk » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:34 pm

Any ideas beyond building everybody up to 50?
jincyk
Explorer

Postby kimo » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:37 pm

Boy, did our recent constant rain get me behind everyone! @Jinck I'm working on getting characters up to lvl 30. +::cry

Since everyone has been so helpful in offering very helpful advice, I thought I would mention some minor things for other players.

When you find the game has shifted to Barry standing alone, there are 3 other characters I could find. But it seems like you could miss finding the lizard dude, Traz, if you are not careful. I do not know if the party can leave the area without him, but backtracking to find him would incur a lot of extra encounters.

Also, not every "crate and barrel" has stuff, but 1 Well had a fantastic relic. Most wells are empty from what I have found. The reason it typically takes me longer to finish a game is because I'm exploring every spot for something hidden. I'm sure I've missed some things even though I have walked everywhere it seems. I'm curious if finding and equiping all the "Wonderous [item name] of Fortitude" pieces described as Legendary Armor gives any special ability to a particular character.

Paragon's personal weapon (Athos) is another thing that could be easily missed by players in a hurry.

Well, back to playing for me. This is easily a 30-40 hour game for anyone who plays regardless of your style.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: planet crusher strategy

Postby MerryX » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:26 pm

jincyk wrote:Any ideas beyond building everybody up to 50?

@Jincyk
I dunno except if they're all around that level, they should have opened up all the skills available and you start getting a good idea of what they can do.
Then I knew I needed to make decisions about the final 4 characters to focus on to build up. I ended up with the final team around 60+ by the time I had them learn every skill possible. I didn't want to get to the final boss and find I came up short.
Great game, isn't it? +::YAY

@Kimo
Yeah, I agree about almost missing Traz - I found I could lose both Traz and Barry in the landscape sometimes as they were both green +::lol - and particularly if they'd hidden themselves behind a tree or shrub...or in a flowered field!!

I also try to check everywhere which is paying off over at 7th Star as Crawfors has been a bit sneaky hiding loot there +::biggrin

I am so sorry the weather has been continuing to pound you all - particularly when it is also impacting your game time +::O_o but don't worry about being "behind" - take your time to savour it and enjoy the journey as I think you're right, this game is pretty special and with your searching every nook and cranny, you'll find things others may miss.

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:09 pm

I love using Barry, Paragon (for his meteor and swift actions) Ailey, and Melody.

sometimes though I need my green team of Barry, Traz, Ailey, Melody.

Traz unlocks a veteran skill called the undying lizard king and his life regeneration per turn is insanely high.

anyone using Genji gloves and sword of haste?
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:45 pm

My final party
Barry (59): Golden Axe, Cosmic Axe, Cosmic Cap, Cosmic Cloth, Genji Gloves, Jewel of Bask
Traz (60): Cosmic Katana, Star Crusher, Crest of the Undying, Armageddon Plate, Steel Rend Gauntlets, Battle Bracers
Paragon (53): The Athos, Wondrous Shield of Fortitude, Pegasus Cap, Wondrous Armor of Fortitude, Soul Stealers, Ring of the Cosmos
Eber (63): Arch Lich Wand, Cosmic Shield, Arch Lich Cap, Wizard Robe, Ring of the Cosmos, Mystic Greaves

I saved all the elixirs until the final battle, and then I gave all the Mana increasing and HP increasing to Paragon. As much as I liked Yanna, Melody and Ailey, I just found the offensive skills of Paragon and Eber to be better suited for the final battle.

I don't believe you needed to level up the characters quite that high, but I'm on vacation and spending time waiting in terminals (air and sea) gave me the opportunity to do some of that grinding.

It was a fun game, definitely worth the higher cost and one I'll play again sometime. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:13 pm

Lady JJ wrote:My final party
Barry (59): Golden Axe, Cosmic Axe, Cosmic Cap, Cosmic Cloth, Genji Gloves, Jewel of Bask
Traz (60): Cosmic Katana, Star Crusher, Crest of the Undying, Armageddon Plate, Steel Rend Gauntlets, Battle Bracers
Paragon (53): The Athos, Wondrous Shield of Fortitude, Pegasus Cap, Wondrous Armor of Fortitude, Soul Stealers, Ring of the Cosmos
Eber (63): Arch Lich Wand, Cosmic Shield, Arch Lich Cap, Wizard Robe, Ring of the Cosmos, Mystic Greaves

I saved all the elixirs until the final battle, and then I gave all the Mana increasing and HP increasing to Paragon. As much as I liked Yanna, Melody and Ailey, I just found the offensive skills of Paragon and Eber to be better suited for the final battle.

I don't believe you needed to level up the characters quite that high, but I'm on vacation and spending time waiting in terminals (air and sea) gave me the opportunity to do some of that grinding.

It was a fun game, definitely worth the higher cost and one I'll play again sometime. :)

@Lady JJ
So interesting the similar and different combinations we come up with and try out - I found Melody surprisingly good offensively if equipped well and sufficiently levelled and I was grateful for another healer/buffer backup :) I also wanted to include a female character ;) I found both Ailey and Paragon a bit heavy on mana use and Yanna a bit limited in skills although she was a great help early on. Never got around to developing Cosmo much although he had a lot of skills but he was so slow, and the others had their points but it does come down to I suppose what works for each of us - and lots of opportunities for replay +::biggrin

My final team -
Barry (63): Cosmic Axe, Cosmic Blade, Cosmic Cap, Armageddon Plate, Genji Gloves, Ring of the Cosmos, Tzimisce Relic
Melody (60): Balrog Blade, Cosmic Shield, Arch Lich Cap, Ninja Garb, Wondrous Zodiac Ring, Jewel of Bask, Phoenix Pendant
Eber (63): Arch Lich Wand, Aegis, Face of the Veiled, Magistrate Robe, Wondrous Zodiac Ring, Ring of the Cosmos, Zodiac Relic
Traz (61): Wind Demon, Star Crusher, Wondrous Cap of Fortitude, Cosmic Cloth, Steel Rend Gauntlets, Wondrous Giant's Ring, Zodiac Relic

And I absolutely agree - you do not need to get as high as this but it was fun and useful in the final battle (I HATE dying). And I also was on holidays +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:32 pm

@MerryX-I almost put Melody in Paragon's place, but I found I liked Paragon. :) The good thing about Melody is she can heal the party and still have an additional action on that turn. I never found her to be offensively useful (maybe I didn't have her equipped well) but she sure came in handy when someone needed a mana or health potion. Also, I never found her purification song to be reliable, even at level 18. Barry's purification spell cured hex and curse, but not Melody's song. That's why, in the end, I left her out. I spent quite a bit of time getting Paragon's spells up to 17-18 so Ultima, Ragnarok and Meteor, so they were very effective, especially Meteor. And Paragon has a mass healing spell as well, so I did go with him in the end. I have a saved game just before that final encounter and I may just experiment with different teams.

Thanks for all your feedback and, thanks, as always to my friend @kimo, as well. Playing a game is just so much more enjoyable when ideas, tips, and strategies can be bounced around like this.

I'm hoping to download the newest game (Seventh Star?) but I keep running into a Failed Network Error and the demo is not downloading for me. Maybe when I get home next week, on a more reliable connection, I'll have better success.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:05 am

The advantage of a quest log is that when you forget what's next, you can read where to go. +::lol

All members have been reunited and I have the deep water boat. Is the Citadel Tower the next location to visit?

I'll be gone until tomorrow.

@LadyJJ
Did you go cruising on this trip?
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:20 am

@kimo-If you've been to Citadel already, then, yes, I believe your next destination is to Citadel Tower which is due west of the Citadel castle.

No cruise, just a few afternoon scenic boat trips. Went to Fort Myers, then Key West, next destination is up in the Florida Panhandle to see my aging aunt, then Orlando area and then home again. My sister keeps me busy! :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Poutlaw » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:35 am

I am having trouble finding the stones ( up north) . I have went all around looking for and exit . When I go up I did get to a snowy area but there was only one small town that didn't have anything . I took my ship and went to the right and tried that side only to not be able to get back to my ship . ( I was lucky I didn't save it ) So help me I have the gloves just need the stones to go to the pyramid. I went to the pyramid and it said I would be a fool to go there without combining the stones. Please help :)
Poutlaw
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers