Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Barry of Wrath

Re: New RPG: Barry of Wrath

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:18 am

@Poutlaw
If you're up to where I think you are (having got the Holy Glove from Balrog on the forested island with the prehistoric monsters), you need to go to the wizard at Hot Spring Village (N of King's castle) and she will open a portal for you to into the Nexium where the Holy Stone is :)

I think Crawfors also describes where the wizard is in an earlier post.

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:27 am

Lady JJ wrote:Thanks for all your feedback and, thanks, as always to my friend @kimo, as well. Playing a game is just so much more enjoyable when ideas, tips, and strategies can be bounced around like this.

@Lady JJ
Thank you too - I agree, it's great to have a little group along on the journey +::clap and I think it's been fun for Crawfors as well.

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:53 am

Poutlaw - hotspring village like they just said :)

and heck yes I've enjoyed seeing your guys/gals journey as well

also love seeing the different party combos and gear that is being used and talked about.

for me this is the real reward of making a game- seeing people passionate and truly enjoy it after i labored so long over the dang thing lmao!!
so i'm very happy you've all taken to it as you have!

Shane
crawfors
Explorer

stuck in the pyramid

Postby jincyk » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:41 pm

I'm in the part with the staircase that will no longer work (whether I use the mouse or the keyboard). I seem to be stuck. There's a room with one thing lit and the other not. I've tried falling through all areas of that room with the quicksand and I always end up in the same place. ???
jincyk
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:44 pm

are you at the pyramid at the end of the game?

if so take a few steps back and approach it from the left.
dont be on top of it, move backwards

it isn't a bug or glitch, you need to be FACING RIGHT when you walk into that space.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby jincyk » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:02 pm

I don't know how near the end of the game I am. I can get to the Queen's Chamber (B1), where one thing is lit. I cannot get up the stairs, no matter how I'm facing. What am I missing?
jincyk
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:40 pm

you're at the end.

you've been lighting the stones?

you said one dull light and one is light?

go light the other.
you have to light all the dim stones
crawfors
Explorer

Postby jincyk » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:47 pm

Sorry, I feel like an idiot, but I can't light the unlit stone. I've clicked on it from all sides and nothing happens.

The only stones I've found are in the Queen's chamber. To be clear, the left one says "the magic stone shines, lighting the area." The right one says "the magic stone has lost its shine." Clicking does nothing. I'm really at the end of my rope.
jincyk
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:04 pm

jincyk wrote:Sorry, I feel like an idiot, but I can't light the unlit stone. I've clicked on it from all sides and nothing happens.

The only stones I've found are in the Queen's chamber. To be clear, the left one says "the magic stone shines, lighting the area." The right one says "the magic stone has lost its shine." Clicking does nothing. I'm really at the end of my rope.

@jincyk
I had the same issue - it’s okay, it eventually works but you just need to keep trying. I went in circles panicking I was stuck in this lower level - you turned left at the Pyramid entrance and went down the stairs, didn’t you?
I use a mouse and keyboard and eventually I got in front of the stairs took a step back and then launched myself forward and up. It worked but I think you need the right angle.
I hadn’t picked up the thing to light the stones at that stage - that’s on the next floor I think?
MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby jincyk » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:08 pm

Thanks so much! It worked!
jincyk
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:45 pm

jincyk wrote:Thanks so much! It worked!

@Jincyk
I'm so glad - I figure it's a bit like another game where I got stuck trying to get on a dragon. You just had to come at it from the right angle...and probably hold your tongue in a certain position while doing it :razz:
MerryX :)
MerryX
Explorer

Postby jincyk » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:04 pm

Finished! Fantastic game. Best game I've played in a long time.
jincyk
Explorer

Postby MONCHA5 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:06 pm

DONE! +::Dance +::Dance
BARRY LV 57
COSMO LV 54
AILEY LV 53
PARAGON LV 56
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:00 pm

@jincyk yaaay! i'm glad you finished! and thank you for that compliment! i really appreciate it <3 <3 <3

how many hours did you play??

@monchas! i love that party!! good levels too!
how many hours did you log??

Shane
crawfors
Explorer

Postby kimo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:30 am

Just stomped some Balrog butt and will enter the newly opened portal East of Hot Springs Village.

I found the following party is working very well, especially against those Dinosaurs and the Volcano. Levels are after defeating Balrog and were about 3 levels lower when entering the volcano.

Barry, Lvl.35 (He and Paragon are good for group healing between their Serious offensive AOE spells)
Traz, Lvl.33 ("Death Strike" is incredible if a Critical hit)
Paragon, Lvl.36 (Pricy for MP, but are more effective than his ATK)
Eber, Lvl.34 (Try all his spells to find your favorite, but his "Agony" spell also does some serious DMG and de-buffs.)

Time in so far is almost 29 hours. My advice is do not Equip anything that minimizes Encounter frequency and just hope you can "Escape" when you want. Some enemy troops seem to be impossible to escape from. Oh, and the "save" function is your best friend when the battles seem tough in certain areas.

Good luck to everyone who is still playing
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers