crawfors wrote:deeper in the game :)

where are you?

Tzimice castle +::sos

I need to buy healing and mana +::surrender
MONCHA5
Explorer

Re: New RPG: Barry of Wrath

Postby crawfors » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:45 pm

I would just check different towns. or load up on those smaller ones!
crawfors
Explorer

Postby catsmeow » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:47 pm

Loving the game :) but am stuck can't find the flame potion in the sealed forest. +::sos
Also found a awesome ring +::YAY

All good i found it stood on the wrong side of the pillar
Last edited by catsmeow on Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catsmeow
Wanderer

Postby crawfors » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:50 pm

did you beat the boss in the sealed forest? if you walk into the water fall it takes you into the next zone where youll find a phoenix :)
crawfors
Explorer

Postby catsmeow » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:30 pm

i finally triggered it i had been standing on the wrong side of the pillar...got to level up in the meantime which is good +::Thumbup
catsmeow
Wanderer

Postby crawfors » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:54 pm

lmao you'll need those extra levels!!

what party are you using??
crawfors
Explorer

Postby catsmeow » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:17 am

So hard as have too many favorites :) - definitely Ivanka and Ailey am going to try with Traz and Melody because of their swift action skills which are awesome lol
catsmeow
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:15 pm

For those who have purchased the full game- Was it as difficult downloading the full game as it was the demo? It took me 3 days of attempts (kept getting stuck at 0.0/2.6GB even after 5 or 6 minutes with the estimated wait time bouncing around from 1-3 hrs, or a Failed Network Error after downloading 0.5/2.6GB with the estimated wait time bouncing around 10-13 minutes). I was finally able to get a full download this morning and have started the demo. I'm going away tomorrow for a few weeks and I don't want to have to rely upon public hotel internet speeds to download. I'd just as soon purchase today but I'm leery of running into this same problem of not being able to download. I'd appreciate it if those of you who purchased the game could advise me as to whether that download went a lot more smoothly and efficiently than did the demo. Thanks.

I will say the demo is working very well and I am enjoying it thus far.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:29 pm

downloading the full game will be exactly the same as the demo

and the game will run just as smooth as the demo

by this point you know me and the quality of games I release- i wish you would have just skipped the demo and went for the full game lmao
crawfors
Explorer

Postby kimo » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:36 pm

@LadyJJ
I logged on to post a quick note about healing and saw you were here! I was going to buy this game as I am 2.5 hours into the DEMO game and enjoying it very much (except for the high encounter rate on occasion). I'll buy it right now and post my download experience if it is substantially different than before at 40 minutes with a fast WiFi line. Have a nice trip.

@Crawfors
I understand why Cool Down is required for "Lay on Hands" healing. No spamming during battles is fine, but having to walk 2-3 steps , heal, 2-3 steps, heal, etc. doesn't make sense. There are so many features I like about this game so far.

For anyone in the forest "maze", I would suggest being frugal with your use of MP-based skills and concentrate MP use on Healing and Fire spells. TP will restore quickly, but if I ever run into a boss at least there is an item to replenish TP for those characters.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:38 pm

Hi Crawfors,
2.6 Go and an expected 3-5 hours of download for a 20-30-hour game? I stop immediately the download!
You should consider either a drastic prune of the unnecessary game files or a far more efficient server! It take me lastly about 10 minutes to download Divided Reigns (2.5 G0) from Steam on my old (2017) i5-6200U CPU at 2.30GHz computer with its 8-G0 RAM...
No offence meant,
OldTimer
Oldtimer
Peasant

Postby crawfors » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:42 pm

Hey Kimo glad you're enjoying it and glad you are figuring out the nuances of the game and good ways to manage your mana/inventory!

As you progress and level it gets easier to freely spend your mana and heal nonstop but as you are a bit starved early on it requires some tact
(i like to think it's a good thing)
crawfors
Explorer

Postby kimo » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:27 pm

Download time was basically the same for the DEMO/FULL versions; 40 mins. for me. The game is definitely worth it. I have found only 1 minor spelling error.

For what it's worth, I think the issue is based upon the file being a massive ZIP file which is most likely already compressed and makes further compression on WiFi downloads basically impossible. I agree that truncating the DEMO to a smaller file that allows a 1-2 hour max playtime might be a better approach. But the current DEMO does give an excellent idea of what to expect of the full game.

Maybe creating an EXE file would be a better approach?

In any case, I would recommend buying the game (it has been excellent so far) and just downloading once. +::clap
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:44 pm

Thanks kimo. I'll do that later tonight. I don't think the demo download took more than 10-15 minutes, when it was finally successful that is. I'll let you know how I made out. I would ordinarily shy away from a 2.6 GB game but based upon the recommendations by you and MerryX, as well as my own experience with previous games by this developer, I really wanted to give it a shot.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:47 pm

I bought the full game, have entered Citadel and need to take a break to stack firewood. Will the rain never stop? +::fear

I have found one minor, but irritating, game mechanics problem. The <Q> and <W> keys no longer scroll back and forth through the characters to quickly see their stats and the best way to assign armor and accessories. These keys now only allow navigation up/down between each character's categories like "Equip, Optimize and Clear" which the arrow keys can easily accomplish.

Is there another way scrolling between characters be performed in the Full version?
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers