Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Seventh Star

Re: New RPG: Seventh Star

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:14 am

joie wrote:Thank you for writing back

Got to level 3 fishing but was unable to fish in the area to the lower right looking at the fishing village - spirit or ghost something. What has to happen to be able to fish there? Shadow Valley is the area I am asking about

Shadow Valley requires Level 5 Fishing. Go back to earlier spots and just keep fishing until you reach level 5. You're probably very close to level 4 and it won't take too long to get to level 5. I think the highest you need to be is near the end of the game when you need level 9, which is a good thing, because I don't know of anyone who's reached level 10.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:31 am

@joie
And you need to be fishing at Lvl 7 if you want to fish in the volcanic island later in the game. I found it's best to fish a bunch at each new location, because you get higher "points" in new areas vs. the small farm in the beginning of the game. Of course, fishing is very optional unlike crafting which produces very valuable armor that cannot be bought anywhere.

IMHO I am not sure fishing later in the game is worth the time you'll spend doing it. Early in the game, though, fishing can provide HP/MP at a much lower cost of 1 fishing bait than it will cost in a store. And remember there is no 99 qty limit in this game, so buy lots of worms early.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby joie » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:43 am

Thank you Kimo and Lady JJ.

Most appreciated.
joie
Wanderer

Re: New RPG: Seventh Star Demon of the Dunes

Postby joie » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:57 pm

Am having real trouble beating him/it.

Any suggestions?
joie
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:28 pm

Maybe you're not strong enough and/or don't have the best equipment. I couldn't beat it until after I picked up some hellstones in the Core beyond the Land of the Lost. It's not going anyplace, so just come back later. If you are already late into the game, then we can look at your levels and equipment and maybe offer some suggestions.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby joie » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:29 pm

Thanks lady JJ.

I may not be stong enough and also haven't been to the Core.

Also did not do a great job in the frozen area as I was running out of mana. Got the frozen ice thingie and was going to wander around and do more exploring there and suddenly found me at the ship. And of course I had overwritten the save when i arrived in the north. Now thinking that I should go back and replay it with WAYYYY more mana than I had.
joie
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:25 am

joie wrote:Thanks lady JJ.

I may not be stong enough and also haven't been to the Core.

Also did not do a great job in the frozen area as I was running out of mana. Got the frozen ice thingie and was going to wander around and do more exploring there and suddenly found me at the ship. And of course I had overwritten the save when i arrived in the north. Now thinking that I should go back and replay it with WAYYYY more mana than I had.

I would definitely fully explore the frozen area with more mana. Are you crafting? Craft whatever mana supplies you can. You can also craft a lot of mithril equipment and then just sell it. That will help to raise your crafting level and also recoup some of your money. There's an igloo in the northern land (world map area) where you can buy tons of mushrooms if you need them for crafting.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby joie » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:03 am

An igloo? never found that. Have been crafting but ran out of supplies for mana.

I don't understand what you mean by northern land - world map area. Sorry - is it near or around the frozen bit where the special ice was found? I have got mana supplies and am back there to raise level and see what else is available back there. But I haven't seen an igloo.
joie
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:34 am

The world map is the area you see when you step onto the land from your boat. The ocean, the continent, the islands. When you enter an area such as a town, or a forest, or a castle, then you no longer see the world map. You are now more specifically inside a particular region. When you exit to the other side, you are back in the world map. Does that make sense? So there are some areas that you can 'enter' from the north lands world map. I think one of them is named 'The Frozen Path.' The igloo is between these areas you can enter. I didn't see it until Crawsford pointed it out.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby joie » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:00 am

Still can't find it. Been back to northern lands 3 times. At least characters are getting stronger and mana is lasting longer. plus no longer running out.

sheesh - the igloo illudes me. And the area is so large that I must have passed by it a lot of times and still not seen it.

If anyone has any more description, that would be great - between rivers? near a frozen lake? near anything at all.

Thanks.
joie
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:51 pm

Take your ship to the snowy lands and disembark. This is the world map. Walk east until you enter the Path of Snow. The Path of Snow is an area map. Travel all the way east until you exit and you see the ocean. You are now in the world map again. Look directly up. There is a double line of snow covered trees. That last tree on the upper right row is not a tree but an igloo. That is where you can buy mushrooms.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:30 pm

@LadyJJ
Are you making a list of where to find "Ultimate" Armor/Weapons? I have recently been listing items for my 4 main party members if you're interested in me posting them here for Quarry, Trine, Duncan, and Sevyn. I seem to be missing only the Aegis Shield for Duncan. There are minor gaps in some of the info.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:02 pm

@kimo - The Aegis is found in a treasure chest in the Land of the Lost. I have a list of all the items found in treasure chests as well as battle rewards. If you want to compile a master list, I'd be happy to contribute. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby joie » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:34 pm

Lady JJ wrote:Take your ship to the snowy lands and disembark. This is the world map. Walk east until you enter the Path of Snow. The Path of Snow is an area map. Travel all the way east until you exit and you see the ocean. You are now in the world map again. Look directly up. There is a double line of snow covered trees. That last tree on the upper right row is not a tree but an igloo. That is where you can buy mushrooms.

Found it. It was no where near the place I was looking for it. Much closer to the ship than the final frozen ice thingie

Thanks for your patience.
joie
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:06 pm

@joie - You're welcome. And, again, I missed it through 2 plays and only found it when crawfors pointed it out. That igloo just blends into those snowy trees. :)

Glad you're enjoying this game. It's definitely one of the best games I've played in a few years.
Last edited by Lady JJ on Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers