Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Seventh Star

Re: New RPG: Seventh Star

Postby crawfors » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:09 pm

i'm just glad you're enjoying it and can't wait to hear about your playthrough :)
crawfors
Explorer

Postby catsmeow » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:06 am

@Merry
I like the sneaky little places you are hiding loot apart from the treasure chests
Spoiler: show
little indentations in rock walls...I wonder where else?? ;)

Check the skeletons +::biggrin
catsmeow
Wanderer

Postby kimo » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:05 pm

Valdy wrote:I am surprised this game can only be opened with a zip file. I only get games that have an .exe file, because I don't have nor use zip.

I'm the same as you, but I am sure the game is worth the effort since I'm still playing Barry right now and it is fantastic.

Ever try using "7-zip"? I've been using it (free version) for many years and then I use software like Malwarebytes to scan both the zip contents as well as the extracted files.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:09 pm

catsmeow wrote:@Merry
I like the sneaky little places you are hiding loot apart from the treasure chests
little indentations in rock walls...I wonder where else?? ;)

Check the skeletons +::biggrin

@Catsmeow
Niiice...I stumbled across that recently and now I'm sitting here thinking of all the ones I passed by as part of the landscape. That Crawfors is tricky - shades of the artful Indi - so it would pay us poor innocent gamers to keep our eyes peeled ;)

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:13 pm

kimo wrote:
Valdy wrote:I am surprised this game can only be opened with a zip file. I only get games that have an .exe file, because I don't have nor use zip.

I'm the same as you, but I am sure the game is worth the effort since I'm still playing Barry right now and it is fantastic.

Ever try using "7-zip"? I've been using it (free version) for many years and then I use software like Malwarebytes to scan both the zip contents as well as the extracted files.

@Kimo
Thanks for suggesting that to Valdy. I was worried Valdy was missing out on a great game and didn't know what to suggest as I just have zip folders on my computer so don't know workarounds.

How are you going over at Barry - I may just pop over for a look +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:51 am

Hey Crawfors,
Quick question - in the Quicksand Cave, how do you get to the chest on top of the stone pillar under the cone of light? I have gone through the area several times - "jumped" up and down in the cone of light near the entrance on the left - and generally pretty much exhausted my ingenuity +::surrender

Additionally, there appear to be other areas in the cave system I can't reach - e.g., when fall down the sandfall into the underground cavern with the chest, there is a platform with another entrance across the way. Is all this just a big tease or do I have to go out and get sucked into the quicksand area? Mmmm, now that's an idea...

Just so you know, I have picked up Sapphire and am wandering around levelling her up and trying to get my fishing experience up - Quarry (25), Asyre (25), Mar Gruk (25) and Sapphire (23) - with Raja (23) off the active team. I'm in about 15 hours, and still to get back to the King and then on to Alberta (if the plan holds).
Crafting 6 Alchemy 5 and Fishing 5

BTW, loved what I found at the end of the Amari Dungeon in the Gnoll Cavern +::biggrin SURPRISE!!!
And Mar Gruk is great with his swift action skills - very cool 8)

MerryX :)
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:11 am

MerryX wrote:Hey Crawfors,
Quick question - in the Quicksand Cave, how do you get to the chest on top of the stone pillar under the cone of light? I have gone through the area several times - "jumped" up and down in the cone of light near the entrance on the left - and generally pretty much exhausted my ingenuity +::surrender

@Crawfors
Never mind about the chest - I figured it out +::lol

I'm still curious about whether there are other accessible areas in there though?

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:53 am

And, Crawfors, I also can't seem to find any wood for some reason. I had one enemy drop one lousy stick (can't remember where - maybe the Shadow Valley??) and then NOTHING +::cry

Can you give me any hints?? Or maybe...just outright tell me where to find the stupid wood because there are a number of things I can't synthesise without it!! +::grrr

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:48 am

there's also a hidden stone wall in the same exact zone where you found Quarry's morning star- where you can find the face of the damned (i think that's the name) you push up against the wall where the sand is falling..

if you didn't go way past it already lol

wood.. i think gobins drop it.

they're in a tiny woods west of Rinehart. you just walk the area and get into fights with them.

i know the trees out in the monks pathway drop them.

it;ll fall eventually if youre missing a few
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Valdy » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:17 pm

kimo wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Kimo. I am just not comfortable with zip files. Used them when that's all there was in the good old days, but just don't like to download free versions or those you can try out. There are often a lot of wares hidden inside them, like malwares, for example, so I am not starting again with zip.
Thanks again, though. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:51 pm

crawfors wrote:there's also a hidden stone wall in the same exact zone where you found Quarry's morning star- where you can find the face of the damned (i think that's the name) you push up against the wall where the sand is falling..
if you didn't go way past it already lol

wood.. i think gobins drop it.
they're in a tiny woods west of Rinehart. you just walk the area and get into fights with them.
i know the trees out in the monks pathway drop them.
it;ll fall eventually if youre missing a few

Thanks, Crawfors, I'll give it a go. I haven't ventured west yet +::whistle
And I did find that hidden door in the cave and solved the riddle - felt ridiculously clever for about 5 seconds which is always a rush +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:01 pm

@Crawfors
Is the Weapon and Armor Shop in Blue Town supposed to not sell anything?
Nothing comes up when I interact with the shop keepers except words to the effect of have a look and looking after your equipment? +:::|

And finally found plenty of wood in the forest with the goblins and also for sale in Alberta. Really worthwhile tracking down the hidden Adventurers' shops too +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:25 pm

the weapon/armor shop in blue town are NOT supposed to sell you anything!

what about Amari Dungeon! the shop keeper there! did you take advantage of that? (Lozza's emporium)

OOH yes! the hidden shop in ALberta is such a treat! lmao

Did you kill the hidden boss before you got there? To make you a legend killer? ;)

oh!! how'd you enjoy the library scene with Maduin ??? :D
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:11 pm

crawfors wrote:the weapon/armor shop in blue town are NOT supposed to sell you anything!
what about Amari Dungeon! the shop keeper there! did you take advantage of that? (Lozza's emporium)
OOH yes! the hidden shop in ALberta is such a treat! lmao
Did you kill the hidden boss before you got there? To make you a legend killer? ;)
oh!! how'd you enjoy the library scene with Maduin ??? :D

@Crawfors
Okay - so no weapons/armors for sale in Blue Town. I don't usually buy anything anyway as I really like to be able to synthesise my gear if at all possible.
Yes, loved Lozza's Emporium - such a surprise to fight your way through to stumble into it +::O_o +::biggrin
I think I killed the hidden boss as I seem to remember something about Quarry being a legend killer - was the hidden boss Skullder?
Yes, the story unfolds starting with Garion and Sade, and then onto Maduin and Duncan. I am still very fond of Barry (of Wrath) but Quarry's story is growing on me. I find it really helps when there is more dialogue and interactions between the characters to build the story otherwise it's just all fighting and levelling up. This seemed to happen a bit more in the Skullder area and it makes it all come more alive. I'm trying to build a family tree starting with Enoch and Ahnjorae :)

NOT a fan of changing teams and "losing" equipment I'm fond of!! +::Annoyed I usually suck it up and keep going but I drew the line at Duncan making off with some accessories and a good relic!!
And Alden's Twister is the BOMB +::YAY
Interesting in Trine's team to get a picture of the "other side" and how they see things. As you can see the story is pulling me in as it unfolds +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:26 pm

How did you Like Quarry's party!! omg her and Garion's talk.
my heart. my feels!

see you're getting into it!!

don't worry youll get Duncan back lol
crawfors
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers