Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Seventh Star

Re: New RPG: Seventh Star

Postby kimo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:42 pm

I don't like grinding to succeed and this game doesn't require it from what I am finding. I wish more developers balanced their games so grinding isn't required as long as the player doesn't "Escape" from most encounters.

For anyone having trouble with the 1st battle of the "War of Wolves" make sure Quarry is at level 30 so she has acquired the "Heavenly Storm" spell which is incredibly strong ... most of the time. It doesn't work as well against Rosa, but it will take out a lot of supportive enemies.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:49 pm

Oops. Forgot to ask this. When is the party able to craft more items than the 1st set available. I have synthesized everything at least once, but no additional crafting/alchemy items appear.

This is one thing that needs some kind of explanation for the player. Is it level-based? What triggers mo-better items to appear? +::Dunno

And from what @LadyJJ has said, the fishing option needs to have more info.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:12 pm

kimo wrote:Oops. Forgot to ask this. When is the party able to craft more items than the 1st set available. I have synthesized everything at least once, but no additional crafting/alchemy items appear.

This is one thing that needs some kind of explanation for the player. Is it level-based? What triggers mo-better items to appear? +::Dunno

I can only tell you from a trial and error thing. Most of the early levels, as long as I crafted everything that was available, I seemed to go up at least 1 level. Once you get to 5 or 6, it gets harder. I arrived in a town where there was a vendor selling common crafting items (wood, bars, etc.) and crafted as many as I could with what I had and that was probably 100+ and that would bring me up a level as well. I don't know the exact algorithm, but that seemed to work for items, weapons and armor. Fishing is a different story. I was just never able to make the leap from lvl 9 to lvl 10 in fishing.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:12 pm

kimo

crafting/alchemy increase by using it
not by unlocking all your currently recipes

each level your alchemy/crafting increases you will gain new recipes automatically

a little secret is utilizing the amari dungeon-- -b uying shit loads of mithril ore and crafing hundreds of mithril armor

do the same with mana potions for your alchemy

you can also use the secret shop in jordan to do this

it's essentially a set amount of XP required to level those-
a minor mana potion gives 5 xp , where a super mana potion gives 50 xp

to go from level 8 to 9 you may require 2000 XP
as an example.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby kimo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:58 pm

crawfors wrote:kimo

crafting/alchemy increase by using it
not by unlocking all your currently recipes

each level your alchemy/crafting increases you will gain new recipes automatically

a little secret is utilizing the amari dungeon-- -b uying shit loads of mithril ore and crafing hundreds of mithril armor

do the same with mana potions for your alchemy

you can also use the secret shop in jordan to do this

it's essentially a set amount of XP required to level those-
a minor mana potion gives 5 xp , where a super mana potion gives 50 xp

to go from level 8 to 9 you may require 2000 XP
as an example.

Ahhhhh. The irony of it. I just gave glowing praise for not having to grind and then find out crafting is basically a grind (pun intended). This info should be included early in the game as a scroll, a library text book, or some other permanent or "Key Item" item to act as a reference when the player needs to remember it.

BTW, I do like that items are not capped at a quantity of 99. I didn't expect that and didn't overbuy fishing bait because of it. I wish I had known that there seems to be no cap on items (maybe 999?). But, I'm still in the "bad" habit of staying under 100 of each item after years of playing games with item limits of 99.

I don't even know where the Amari dungeon is anymore. There really needs to be a world map reference, too. Hmmmmm ... maybe in a library? Now where could I find a library? Ironic that I know what the library looks like on the world map, but get "lost" looking for other stuff. +::biggrin

I did talk to the guild boss and was directed to the secret shop where I bought a few things.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:30 pm

@kimo-Amari Dungeon is in Gnoll Cavern. Take your boat to the main continent where Rinehart Castle and Maduin's Library is. There's an isthmus that leads from Rinehart Castle (silver with orange roof) to Southport. Enter the northern gateway of Gnoll Cavern, follow the tracks south then west, then continue west to wall, head south to new map, continue due south to lighted exit. You'll find yourself in Amari Dungeon. Go down a couple of flights of stairs to the shop. I loaded an old save and was able to gain levels 7, 8 and 9 in weapons just by buying hundreds of mithril bars and then crafting hundreds of mithril swords. Next I tested items by buying hundreds of water, bottles, ginseng and honey (all costing 1g each) and crafting hundreds of elven tea and was able to gain a couple of levels as well. I chose these particular items to make sure that whatever the raw materials were, I'd be able to replenish with the vendor right then and there.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Finished!

Postby jincyk » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:36 pm

Fantastic game.

I got legendary for crafting and weapons/armor and 9 for fishing, and I think I did everything except that water monster in the southeast corner of the map. Did I miss something important there?
jincyk
Explorer

Re: Finished!

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:02 pm

jincyk wrote:Fantastic game.

I got legendary for crafting and weapons/armor and 9 for fishing, and I think I did everything except that water monster in the southeast corner of the map. Did I miss something important there?

Did you find the 2 other bosses? One is Eden and the other is the Demon of the Sands or something like that. Otherwise, you probably did complete everything. Craft 8 or 10 Mega Elixirs before attempting that perditious dragon in the southeastern corner. You'll need them to stay alive.

Congratulations for having just about completed the game.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:59 pm

@LadyJJ
Thanks for the detailed Amari Dungeon info. I just spent the last 1/2 hour in Alberta buying stuff and crafting. I thought that was the secret shop location, you found by talking to the guild. But I am obviously in the wrong town. I have Crafting (6) and Alchemy (3) now.

But I have a bigger problem. Quarry visited her grandfathers tomb and everyone got on a boat to go to ?????

All that crafting with a few interuptions and the simple fact that I forgot to write the destination down. +::Dunno
I have a boat and a huge party, but forgot where I'm supposed to go. Can anyone help?
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:22 pm

wow you guys/gals are crushing it

how many hours are we in?

Kimo have you visited the library?
it sounds like you may need to go into the Pyramid to find Anubis

remember where you started as Trine? there was a spot you couldn't enter before as him, now it will be open

you can take your boat up there and park right outside of zygorn. then you just go north on foot to reach the pyramid
crawfors
Explorer

Postby kimo » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:30 am

@jincyk
Thanks for the tip on crafting. I did what @crawfors advised and bought a butt-load of Mithral from the emporium in the Amari dungeon @LadyJJ kindly explained how to find and made plate at a loss of profit. BUT, I achieved Legendary status for crafting armor and weapons.

@crawfors
The pyramid is next. Thanks. I had forgotten about the dog-god being next. I know where the Pyramid is located.

I am 23 hours in and there are going to be soooooo many "loose ends" to tie up during a future play. I just found a small passage to a room in the Gnoll caves that I missed the 1st time. Now I have to get out of those caves and find me a pyramid. Except that it's wine o'clock here. Hmmmm. Tomorrow morning then it will be.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby MONCHA5 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:54 pm

I just finished the pyramid, where I have to go now? +::sos
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:22 pm

well remember the dialogue?

what did the players say after they defeated
Spoiler: show
Anubis and then the Methuselah arrived?

i can spoil it if you want.. but they told you where to go!

they said we need to go back and visit MADUIN. She is in the library which is just north of rinehart
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MONCHA5 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:25 pm

crawfors wrote:well remember the dialogue?

what did the players say after they defeated
Anubis and then the Methuselah arrived?

i can spoil it if you want.. but they told you where to go!

they said we need to go back and visit MADUIN. She is in the library which is just north of rinehart

Thanks! I forgot the ñibrary +::whistle
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby kimo » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:38 am

Am I the only one who hasn't found the Secret Shop in Jordan? +::Dunno

It's not a large town and everyone tells the party to relax. I have tried every potential passage way, the well, every planter, barrel, etc. that is inside and outside every building.

What am I missing? +::surrender
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers