Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Seventh Star

Re: New RPG: Seventh Star

Postby MerryX » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:12 pm

crawfors wrote:if you guys had not played it yet-
after you wrap up Seventh Star i would really encourage you to play my game Wormskull that is on the site
it ties directly into Seventh Star in many ways and with a LOT of the characters that are actually in this.
Although the story is completely stand alone in Seventh Star-- you'll get a lot of OH WOW moments from the Wormskull story as they are linked

Yes, I have played Wormskull and thought it was "fabulous" +::clap I just may need to replay it though ;)

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:29 pm

this part right here Merry

I'm a bit confused about the storyline and the 7th Star - is that Sevyn in which case where does Quarry fit in? I may

Spoiler: show
You kinda nailed it. Where does Quarry fit in? It was NEVER about her. Sevyn is the real hero. So what of Quarry?
To me.. she's the real hero even if the legends don't say she is. Quarry put ALL of this together. And she's just a normal human who is very blessed & skilled

OOh so you're headed back to the library to meet with Maduin again!

yes the person over at Angel Made pm'd me so i helped them! thank you for looking out :)

Quarry, Duncan, Asyre, Mar Gruk is a great team.

so is Quarr, Duncan, Asyre, Sevyn.

a lot of good choices :)
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:42 pm

@Crawfors
Ohhh, I see...
so it's like subtle and asking us to think about who is a hero...what makes a hero? While Sevyn is the "Key", you could say Quarry is the real Hero. Quiet, unassuming, grieving Quarry.

Okay, I'm liking her more and more +::heart

MerryX

Eeer, by the way - any hints about the ingredients - Bluecap Mushrooms, Bone Chips and Dark Ice. Do we get to go up to the icy north I spotted from the ship when I had a chance to navigate myself?
MerryX
Explorer

Postby kimo » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:50 pm

@crawfors
Thanks for the reply. I never noticed the path going northward. I just circled the pond and am now a Lvl. 4 fisherman.

I am now looking for the anti-venom, but nothing has been dropped by an enemy and none of the chests I have opened contained anti-venom. Am I correct in assuming there is only the 1 big cave below the opening? What's the trick? Just keep killing snakes? Is there a Boss snake hiding out somewhere?

Oh crap! I just looked in inventory and found a bunch of it! I kinda expected it to be in Key Items category. ... and it's not even wine o'clock yet.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:57 pm

kimo wrote:@crawfors
Thanks for the reply. I never noticed the path going northward. I just circled the pond and am now a Lvl. 4 fisherman.
I am now looking for the anti-venom, but nothing has been dropped by an enemy and none of the chests I have opened contained anti-venom. Am I correct in assuming there is only the 1 big cave below the opening? What's the trick? Just keep killing snakes? Is there a Boss snake hiding out somewhere?
Oh crap! I just looked in inventory and found a bunch of it! I kinda expected it to be in Key Items category. ... and it's not even wine o'clock yet.

Hahaha - reminds me of my "apple pie lapse" in Barry. At least you are now a Level 4 fisherman - I just ended up with 301 useless warm apple pies +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby kimo » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:31 pm

@MerryX

I found Bone Chips as a drop from skeletons on the way to Fort Rembrandt. I don't know about the other 2 things you are seeking.

Yep, nothin' better than a brain fart to make me feel stoopid. And I now check every dented wall because of your previous comments which I greatly appreciate.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:45 am

@Kimo
Thank you for your tip about the Bone Chips +::kiss Note to self..."Make better notes about what enemies drop and where!!"

Don't forget to check skeletons lying around too - they look like part of the landscape but Crawfors has been super sneaky and hidden loot in some of them!
FYI - you don't run across the other items until later...
Bluecap Mushrooms and Dark Ice in the icy north.

@Crawfors
Found 'em!!! +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Ducati » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:27 pm

Well team
I finished the game - brilliant spent 60hrs playing because I wanted to explore everything .... but I am sure there are more hidden things to be found which hopefully I may find when next I play it.

Lovely storyline superb characters & challenging battles, ah and a happy ending ;)

One happy Lady - thank you x
Ducati
Peasant

Postby crawfors » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:57 pm

Ducati so glad to hear that!
and 60 hours is also a nice feather in the cap haahah
also appreciate you hopping in here and sharing your experience with us! <3
I really hoped you all would enjoy Seventh Star so very happy to see it being received so well!

secrets you may have have missed..

3 special bosses .. one being a Dragon of Perdition on the south east corner of the world map..

hmm did anyone find the Excalibur sword?
crawfors
Explorer

Postby kimo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:30 pm

Okay, now I'm checking every wall, and dent, and sandfall, ... Waterfalls are probably next to be checking.

@Crawfors
Thanks for posting the info about the "Face of Horror" mask of hidden near the Morning Star. Anyone entering the desert should probably go into the Quicksand Cave's 1st floor so it is easier to figure out where you need to re-enter on ground level above after exiting if you want to get the Morning Star weapon. Tricky, but very possible to figure out the first time.

The best advice I can offer to every player is to never travel without fishing bait.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Ducati » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:34 pm

Hi Crawfors

Managed to kill 3 visible monster's including the hovering dragon by the rocks - he was a real meanie!!! +::grrr

Didn't find Excalibur...... Hmmmm knew there'd be misses things! AWESOME challenge for the next play 8)
Ducati
Peasant

Postby crawfors » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:39 pm

remember the town of Rinehart?
there's a historian near the MONUMENT to the noth of town..

his dialogue changes all game...

end of game.. he'll give you tips on where to find the Excalibur ;)
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:22 am

@Ducati
I came on specifically to say how casual you were about beating the flying dragon (I was thinking..."What flying dragon??" as I hadn't found it yet).
Crawfors kindly gave directions to SE corner of the world but neither of you gave any warning about what a bloody and terrible battle it was going to be!!! +::O_o After I finally cornered it as it was not keen to engage using a mouse...it was ON +::surrender +::sos
So well done, Ducati +::clap

Everyone be warned - the Dragon of Perdition is a BEAST!!! +::fear
Took me two goes and numerous full party heals to eventually crawl away in triumph +::cry In the end, it felt I got lucky with a few heavy shots - and it decided not to blast me with yet another full team curse/bleed/major HP loss/death. And it wasn't as though I had a feeble team - Quarry, Duncan, Asyre and Sevyn all around Level 60+ (maybe I should have brought in Mar Gruk??) +:::|

Anyway, I think I got the other two bosses - the Serpent by the lake and a Demon of the Dune - both masquerading as an interesting sparkly thing that usually means good loot +::O_o Thanks Crawfors for messing with my head +::Annoyed

@Crawfors
You game developer, you - yanking me around and along with the story and surprises - it just doesn't stop! I LOVE it +::clap
Thanks for providing some clues for Excalibur - I'm going exploring... +::biggrin
Current team -
Quarry (66)
Asyre (61)
Sevyn (55) / Mar Gruk (55)
Duncan (68)
Play time - 42:44 hours

@Kimo
You may already be past the Quicksand area but head's up where you find Warwick (and lots of Sand Dragons) there are glimmering sparks you can miss against the sandy background. I did and only on a second go through later at a different time of day picked up another Learning Ring and a few other things I'd missed.

And I'd add people need to load up with fishing rods as well as bait. They keep breaking and if you don't have the makings, you can't synthesise more +::cry

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby kimo » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:45 am

MerryX wrote:@Kimo
You may already be past the Quicksand area but head's up where you find Warwick (and lots of Sand Dragons) there are glimmering sparks you can miss against the sandy background. I did and only on a second go through later at a different time of day picked up another Learning Ring and a few other things I'd missed.

Thanks, I did find those sparkly things hard to see at first. But I think I got them all.

MerryX wrote:And I'd add people need to load up with fishing rods as well as bait. They keep breaking and if you don't have the makings, you can't synthesise more +::cry

Speaking of Synthesizing stuff. I recently found out how to do that by actually paying attention, but I can only make basic items. Should I waste resources on making basic stuff that I already have? Is this like VE where if you don't "learn" certain basic skills, you cannot learn better versions? Or make better weapons/armor?

I don't think it would be possible to make a list of various drops, and that's why a guide would come in handy. I have acquired all kinds of various unusable (for the moment) stuff that I will never remember from whom it was dropped.

@LadyJJ
I'm playing rather slow, so hurry back when you get some bandwidth to download the game. Hope you and your family are having a fun holiday.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:45 am

kimo wrote:Speaking of Synthesizing stuff. I recently found out how to do that by actually paying attention, but I can only make basic items. Should I waste resources on making basic stuff that I already have? Is this like VE where if you don't "learn" certain basic skills, you cannot learn better versions? Or make better weapons/armor?

I don't think it would be possible to make a list of various drops, and that's why a guide would come in handy. I have acquired all kinds of various unusable (for the moment) stuff that I will never remember from whom it was dropped

This is something Crawfors will be much more authoritative on but what I've noticed is that it seems to be like VE - the more you make stuff, the more recipes are added over time.
So by all means make as much basic stuff as you can to get the more advanced stuff added into your list - and hopefully save a lot of gold from spending in the shops. I still had to buy some potions - healing and mana - but mostly I became self-sufficient. And eventually, the gear you can either synthesise or find is much better than what's for sale in the weapons/armor shops. You can also sell what you don't want to build up your coffers ;)

Yes, you can see my dilemma when I couldn't remember how and where I'd got the Bone Chips. And Dragon Blood and Ore only comes from fighting dragons in various places - and some drop more than others.

I've been wondering where Lady JJ was...I'm going to need to keep moving as I'm getting back to work (part-time) and things will start to get busier so not so much time to play +::cry

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers