Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Echoes of Numa

Re: New RPG: Echoes of Numa

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:02 am

[quote="Del"]Hi, ZuluKat. Do you mean after you go through the Aqueduct and return to the Fortress?
If so, the Generals then tells you to speak with the captain at West Twinport, he will take you where you need to go. Head to West Twinport and speak with the Captain in the ship at the docks. Let me know if that helps.[/

Never mind, finally got through the spot guess I was too tired to be more patient to squeeze through the mast area spot.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Del » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:55 am

Glad you worked it out!
Let me know if I can help you with anything else, enjoy. :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:34 pm

Hi Del,

I have just come back to the game and purchased it. Just so you know, I had briefly played the demo and had found the slowing down so off-putting and then the demo seemed so short, that I shelved it. I couldn't get enough of an idea of the game from the demo.

Anyway, I decided to give it another go as I usually like your games and you said you had fixed the slowness. You also mentioned how hard you'd worked on building the characters and story. And I'm glad I did.

The storyline so far has unfolded more slowly but is becoming quite engrossing.
Spoiler: show
It took a long time into the game to pick up the fourth character, Mary, and the team had been feeling "unfinished". I was desperately needing another character with large scale attacks as the battles have been quite challenging +::biggrin Also somehow, Mary added more humanity to the group with having been a past "failed" vessel helping to find a vessel gone "nuts". The back story about Allegra (the "nutty" vessel) also adds depth and interest. I have also become aware I am feeling a bit irritated with Jessabel being so endlessly understanding towards Allegra sounding very much like an ineffective parent with an out-of-control toddler having a tantrum. The fact that said "toddler" could destroy the world is beside the point +::lol

I also found it interesting you have Totham questioning humanity's reliance on the vessels and the light and losing focus on the everyday needs of people. Gets you thinking...

I got fooled by the speaking to the Captain bit like ZuluKat and sailed cheerfully off to Eastport only to realise my mistake. That sorted, the pace picks up and I'm now on the island just about to go into the cave. I stopped there as I'm a bit gun shy about your dungeons by now in this game. They are long and quite complicated - they just keep going and the encounter rate with nasty multiple enemies is quite high. I definitely have got sick of being poisoned +++ and last night I thought if I saw one more zombie whatever, I would just scream!!! +::O_o I may have also managed to do some dungeons before I should have like the Tree Graveyard and Blueshard Cave...what can I say...they were there and the loot was great +::lol

Anyway, I''ll keep you posted. No more issues with the game - plays smoothly with the mouse and I'm enjoying it.

Many thanks,

MerryX :)

PS Just so you know, I'm in about 6 hours and have Jessabel (26), Lilka (27), Totham (28), and Mary (25).
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:08 am

@Del
Oh, and I'd love more Save slots - 4 slots are just not enough for a 20 hour game as I have had to save over earlier saves now that I can't go back :(
Please see if you can include more slots in the future :)
Many thanks,
MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Gorilla4 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:57 am

I am on the beach because of Allegra (the fight on the boat), and I can say that there is alot of story in this game, the fights can be hard sometime and I like that. This game is great and I can feel you put alot of efforts to do it. Thank you... +::heart
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby MerryX » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:39 am

Hi Del,
Call for help +::surrender

I've gone through Blueshard Cave and Pale Peak and met up with Allegra again. I keep getting banished and I can't figure out how to manage the battle. I even tried losing the battle, thinking maybe I'm supposed to as the Banish attack is so devastating. No luck - I get "Game Over".
Have I missed a step, perhaps??? +::Dunno

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Del » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:00 am

MerryX wrote:Hi Del,

I have just come back to the game and purchased it. Just so you know, I had briefly played the demo and had found the slowing down so off-putting and then the demo seemed so short, that I shelved it. I couldn't get enough of an idea of the game from the demo.

Anyway, I decided to give it another go as I usually like your games and you said you had fixed the slowness. You also mentioned how hard you'd worked on building the characters and story. And I'm glad I did.

The storyline so far has unfolded more slowly but is becoming quite engrossing.
Spoiler: show
It took a long time into the game to pick up the fourth character, Mary, and the team had been feeling "unfinished". I was desperately needing another character with large scale attacks as the battles have been quite challenging +::biggrin Also somehow, Mary added more humanity to the group with having been a past "failed" vessel helping to find a vessel gone "nuts". The back story about Allegra (the "nutty" vessel) also adds depth and interest. I have also become aware I am feeling a bit irritated with Jessabel being so endlessly understanding towards Allegra sounding very much like an ineffective parent with an out-of-control toddler having a tantrum. The fact that said "toddler" could destroy the world is beside the point +::lol

I also found it interesting you have Totham questioning humanity's reliance on the vessels and the light and losing focus on the everyday needs of people. Gets you thinking...

I got fooled by the speaking to the Captain bit like ZuluKat and sailed cheerfully off to Eastport only to realise my mistake. That sorted, the pace picks up and I'm now on the island just about to go into the cave. I stopped there as I'm a bit gun shy about your dungeons by now in this game. They are long and quite complicated - they just keep going and the encounter rate with nasty multiple enemies is quite high. I definitely have got sick of being poisoned +++ and last night I thought if I saw one more zombie whatever, I would just scream!!! +::O_o I may have also managed to do some dungeons before I should have like the Tree Graveyard and Blueshard Cave...what can I say...they were there and the loot was great +::lol

Anyway, I''ll keep you posted. No more issues with the game - plays smoothly with the mouse and I'm enjoying it.

Many thanks,

MerryX :)

PS Just so you know, I'm in about 6 hours and have Jessabel (26), Lilka (27), Totham (28), and Mary (25).

Hi, MerryX!
I'm very happy to know that you have given the game another shot! Thank you for that.

And yes, I did try to pace the story a bit better, instead of throwing it all at once and making dull from then on, I wanted to keep the narrative insteresting throughout the whole experience. I am happy you are picking up the characters nuances! Adding Mary later on was purposeful exactly to give you that sense, to make you appreciate her as you were in need of help! And as for Jessabel's hesitancy towards Allegra, if that is pissing you off, then I done it right! +::biggrin

We're all flawed and characters must be a reflection of us, Jessa has a lesson to learn and hopefully by the end of the game she will learn it!

MerryX wrote:@Del
Oh, and I'd love more Save slots - 4 slots are just not enough for a 20 hour game as I have had to save over earlier saves now that I can't go back :(
Please see if you can include more slots in the future :)
Many thanks,
MerryX

Noted! Next game will have more of them!

Gorilla4 wrote:I am on the beach because of Allegra (the fight on the boat), and I can say that there is alot of story in this game, the fights can be hard sometime and I like that. This game is great and I can feel you put alot of efforts to do it. Thank you... +::heart

Thank you for your kind comments Gorilla4, I'm happy you are enjoying the game so much! :)

I've gone through Blueshard Cave and Pale Peak and met up with Allegra again. I keep getting banished and I can't figure out how to manage the battle. I even tried losing the battle, thinking maybe I'm supposed to as the Banish attack is so devastating. No luck - I get "Game Over".

MerryX

Using the passive skills is a must in this fight. Have Totham using his empowering skills for those who attack and for those who use magic (strenght buff and intelligence buff, respectively). Also, have the Mystic Barrier skill so your characters have always a defense and magical defense buff, repeat the skill everytime it wears off. With Jessa, use her Earth Poison skill until you poison the boss and repeat it when the effect wears off, this makes a lot of difference. Have Mary blast Allegra with her most powerful skills.

If you have saved on Magnum Al Iksars, this is the time to use them during the fight to heal your whole party.
Let me know how that strategy goes, I'm here to help you, we will beat this vessel! :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:11 pm

Del wrote:
MerryX

Using the passive skills is a must in this fight. Have Totham using his empowering skills for those who attack and for those who use magic (strenght buff and intelligence buff, respectively). Also, have the Mystic Barrier skill so your characters have always a defense and magical defense buff, repeat the skill everytime it wears off. With Jessa, use her Earth Poison skill until you poison the boss and repeat it when the effect wears off, this makes a lot of difference. Have Mary blast Allegra with her most powerful skills.
If you have saved on Magnum Al Iksars, this is the time to use them during the fight to heal your whole party.
Let me know how that strategy goes, I'm here to help you, we will beat this vessel! :)

SUCCESS +::YAY +::Dance +::biggrin
I have not used the passive skills much in the game except the strength buff for Totham - mainly because most fights have been too short to make it worthwhile to deploy them. This fight was quite different. In my previous attempts, I had also tried to use the Earth Poison skill a lot but it hadn't taken so I had given up as I thought she was immune to it. This time it worked first time which as you said makes a big difference +::Thumbup And this time, Allegra only used Banish twice on Mary - earlier she had been spraying it around indiscriminately at least over 6-8 times onto various characters and it was completely overwhelming.
I also re-jigged the accessories to strengthen each character as much as I could.

So, I finished the game - or this episode as there seems potential in the future - in about 7:30 hours, with Jessabel (28), Lilka (30), Totham (30), and Mary (26). I had hoped for it to be a bit longer but I think it was a good game, particularly the characters and story. I think you did a great job +::clap

Apart from the initial slowness in the beginning in one section - now fixed - the game ran very smoothly. As I said, the battles were challenging - particularly the final one so thank you for your help with that one +::kiss

I would recommend this game - thanks, Del :)

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:55 pm

@Del

Now I'm off to finish playing Darker Tides which I started last year and then RL interrupted. Mmm...that happened to me a bit last year +::Annoyed
So I'm going to re-start so I can get the full experience +::lol

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Del » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:46 am

Hi, MerryX!

Congrats on finishing the game, I knew you could beat the boss!
Thank you for playing it and for your support. I'm happy to know you have enjoyed the story, and yes, there is a possibility for future installments, though the story is wrapped up with no cliffhangers.

As for Darker Tides, considering how Echoes of Numa ends, you will feel right at home with the pirate-ish atmosphere of Darker Tides. I hope you enjoy that one as well!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Gorilla4 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:39 pm

Finished the game today. I really liked it. Well polished. A great story in a beautiful world. Good music. Linear as I like it. The fights were challenging, and to say the least in the final (where it needed strategy). I really enjoyed wandering right and left in the maze of a scene.
Some light problems. Poisoning the ennemy wasn't working or wasn't needed in the game. If you would try to weakend Allegra, it wouldn't worked so it wasn't need too.
Strong points. I liked the constant need of healing, with many level of healings. I liked the facts that you can collect a lot of stuffs in the way, in the chest or by fighting ennemies. At the end, it was helping a lot! I liked the several (and there was many) items that you find that boost your powers or protect yourself.
So in general, it was a very nice game that took me 6 hours to finish. Thank you very much!
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Del » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:15 am

Gorilla4 wrote:Finished the game today. I really liked it. Well polished. A great story in a beautiful world. Good music. Linear as I like it. The fights were challenging, and to say the least in the final (where it needed strategy). I really enjoyed wandering right and left in the maze of a scene.
Some light problems. Poisoning the ennemy wasn't working or wasn't needed in the game. If you would try to weakend Allegra, it wouldn't worked so it wasn't need too.
Strong points. I liked the constant need of healing, with many level of healings. I liked the facts that you can collect a lot of stuffs in the way, in the chest or by fighting ennemies. At the end, it was helping a lot! I liked the several (and there was many) items that you find that boost your powers or protect yourself.
So in general, it was a very nice game that took me 6 hours to finish. Thank you very much!

Hi, Gorilla4!

I am happy to know you have enjoyed the game. Thank you very much for your feedback on it and for your continued support, it really is appreciated.

FInal boss was tough, eh? That's how I like it! +::biggrin
Del
Bounty Hunter

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers