Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Grindstone

Re: New RPG: The Grindstone

Postby MerryX » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:17 pm

crawfors wrote:Not having a story line could make you tentative at first--- but once you dive in it's easy to get pulled into the small quests and factions in the game

"Tentative" is a good word for it - I also learned not to fight the guards as my score went backwards and the guards disappeared :) ...unless that is a good thing? +:::|
i played over 40 hours myself on one playthrough lol
(and i had many playthroughs)

I can just imagine!!! I think I'll get well over 40 hours as there is so much to do! +::YAY
still on the first island? Have you been to the Castle yet and found a certain boss that respawns.... Zantetsuken anyone?

Trembling at the gates as we speak!! I don't think it's my imagination either but the encounter rate seems to have gone up exponentially...take a step...fight...take two steps...fight...and so on. Makes it slow going but levelling up quickly for the encounter with "Z" +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:17 pm

That tower drops a lot of plate mail and other steel items.. i'd suggest you hold onto some of the extras.. there may be a quest that needs a few of those in the next down when you finally take a boat ride over to New Warcford

maybe get you a spare Zantetsuken as well :) hehehe

Alright i'll try not to spoil anything else- there's a LOT of stuff. Especially in the next town.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:44 pm

On the first island, in the cemetery with the zombies, there's a high risk of softlock if you save your game while in the short horizontal rows of gravesites. The zombie chases after you and blocks you from coming back out into the center path. You can keep on defeating it, but it immediately respawns in the same place preventing you from being able to leave. Otherwise I'm having fun with the demo and will definitely purchase the full game. :) I definitely like the rewards given by the guards and other NPC's.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:02 pm

NIce pointing that out.

Yeah the entire first island is available on the demo- there's a lot to do on that spot alone-
the world is rather gigantic.
I think you can easily get 5-6 hours on that first island (or more)
crawfors
Explorer

Postby catsmeow » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:04 am

[quote="crawfors"]
If you played dungeons and dragons as a kid (or still do) I think it will resonate a bit in that you make your party and go out on an adventure and take the game how you want.

Thanks Shane
I do enjoy your games although have never played D & D I am thoroughly enjoying the pace of the game :)
I found the chest that keeps on giving in the mines on the 2nd island.... looking forward to other surprises ;)

I am currently trying to find the elusive warcford fish +::grrr

I love the fact I can have my green dream team again.

Thanks
Kat
catsmeow
Wanderer

Postby MerryX » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:07 am

crawfors wrote:That tower drops a lot of plate mail and other steel items.. i'd suggest you hold onto some of the extras.. there may be a quest that needs a few of those in the next down when you finally take a boat ride over to New Warcford

Well, that would have been nice to know before I sold it all off as crap gear that didn't help my characters +::Annoyed
maybe get you a spare Zantetsuken as well :) hehehe
Alright i'll try not to spoil anything else- there's a LOT of stuff. Especially in the next town.

Did not get a spare Zantetsuken despite trying at least 1/2 dozen times but have got a nice array of Riposte Relics now +:::| And don't be afraid to drop a few hints periodically...every little bit helps +::biggrin

Currently levelled to around Level 20, Lizard Warrior starting to come good (thank you) with higher level and better gear. Rewards from quests good. Now in the Mines around Warcford and collecting Mithril.

Noticed young girl with white hair on the left in Kelece - supposed to have a quest but just keeps asking me if I'm enjoying Kelece. Does she ask for something once I reach a certain level or something?

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:30 am

Kat it's great to see you again! :)
the green machine is back baby!! hahahahaha
what did you name them?

So the elusive warcford fish is.. you guessed it! right outside of Warcford!
That small zone just east of town-- you can find all the warcford mushroms and fish you'll need
just spend some time there fishing and killing

aah you found the mines! Very good.
did you find The journal? That will be important for a quest when you return to warcford

Speaking of the town of Warcford

i have a feeling there's a lot unfinished there.... for example did you know there's a Dungeon right in town? You find it from the jail... there's some stuff to do before you unlock it though

Starts--- Go to the bar- old lady needs drinks to keep her bar running
so go into the forest and get her warcford mushrooms to make the drink she needs! (alchemy)

return those-- the guards need your help also-
make sure you help the guards. (important for later)

from there- go into the northern building and speak with the Leader of the town- Enahs Warcford
you'll find him, his wife and daughter upstairs of their house.

His wife Tamar will give you a quest to find an old magical book for her daughters birthday-
That's in the woods to the east-- you find a hut with a mage in it--- they'll trade you the tome for a storm rune (random drop from a thunder bird)

return the Tome to Tamar---> Then speak to Enahs. He will open the dungeon for you at that point.
Sade his daughter will also have a quest for you now!

The guard captain will give you a quest-- once you've helped his guards-
ENdothiel is in jail--- she has proof she didn't help the hobgoblins but you need to bring that proof back to the
Guard captain.
In the Warcford Mines you can find her ledger-- if you return that, they will set Endothiel free
(she'll leave, but if you find her in the mines later she'll give you a reward)
The guard captain gives you a reward as well

IN kelece-- that quest won't unlock until you've helped someone in the town with what they need first!
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:08 pm

Okay, I can see this questing is a bit more complicated and probably explains why I'm not getting anything yet from the young girl in Kelece! There will be a few things I need to do first...note to self: Do NOT sell off odd random stuff because I will probably need it +::lol

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby briony » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:17 am

Hi Shane - great game - so far I have picked human warrior - amaz wizard - dark elf shadow knight and cat monk - seem to be working okay together- just wondering there is a keyhole in the lion statue at the ruins but where do I find a key for it and also notice there is no profile for any of my characters now at level 11 and leveling up to do that castle before I leave island
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby crawfors » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:27 am

Hey Briony! Glad you're trying it out

THat looks like a solid team!

The monk can work well as a team healer if you increase your magic :) should have some good long term strength to it!
The human warrior is going to serve you well- as the humans get a bonus 15%? bonus XP
so if you stack on Rings of Learning (25% bonus xp) you can really take off and lead the charge!

There's a lot to do on the first island- make sure you spend plenty of time in the gnoll cavern getting your fishing and mining up- it's an intricate part of the game later and important to practice a bit early on
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:18 am

crawfors wrote:Hey Briony! Glad you're trying it out

THat looks like a solid team!

The monk can work well as a team healer if you increase your magic :) should have some good long term strength to it!
The human warrior is going to serve you well- as the humans get a bonus 15%? bonus XP
so if you stack on Rings of Learning (25% bonus xp) you can really take off and lead the charge!

There's a lot to do on the first island- make sure you spend plenty of time in the gnoll cavern getting your fishing and mining up- it's an intricate part of the game later and important to practice a bit early on

What about the key to that keyhole?
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:12 am

in the beginning tutorial of the first town (Barret)? Oh that's nothing ! lol
sorry for the confusion
crawfors
Explorer

Postby almeida17 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:59 pm

I am still on the first island, killed the zombie several times, went to the towers killed the dude like 2 times, but can't find a way to get off the first island.
any help?
thanx
almeida17
Peasant

Postby crawfors » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:10 pm

yeah you walk down to Southport

walk towards the coastline-
you'll find a boat captain.

He'll take you to cathule or New Warcford

Go to New Warcford.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby rickardsh » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:45 pm

I really like this game.

I am going to ask some questions and apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask - I confess that I find navigating this website a bit challenging. I think I'm in the right place only to discover I need to be somewhere else.

My characters are over level 30, but I still cannot craft a steel bar. What am I missing?

I have Brew Guide and Brew Guide V2 but cannot craft the stout for the barkeeper in Warcford. I have lots of blue cap mushrooms, but no idea what I need to do.

How do I craft a Warcford sandwich for the guard?

The guy at the lake asked for some strange fish. I have tried all over the place and it never shows up. Where do I find it?

I have a magical tome. What do I do with it? I can't equip it and I can't use it.

I have the ledger. I go back to the jail in Warcford but the girl just asks if I have the ledger. I go to the guard captain and he says hello but does not trust me for what he has in mind? What am I missing?

I go upstairs and talk to the mayor. He says hello, and not much else. I talk to his wife who also says hello but does not offer a quest to get music for the daughter. The daughter says hello, and nothing else. What do I do?

Sorry, that was more than I realized.
rickardsh
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers