Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Absinthia

Absinthia

Postby Indinera » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:32 pm

ABSINTHIA

$14.99

Image Image

This is the latest game by Joshua Keith Weatherholt, already behind the big successes Knight Bewitched and Celestial Hearts.

SUMMARY:

Absinthia is a turn-based RPG featuring the story of scorned Knight Freya, her young apprentice Sera, and their individual struggles with loss, betrayal and acceptance as they fight to protect their home.

When a mysterious enemy threatens the peaceful town of Katti, a traveling knight named Freya steps in to save the day. Young warrior Sera, alongside her friends Jake and Thomas, begin training under Freya's guidance to protect Katti Town and the Ambrose Isles. But when another assault ends in a tragic loss, Sera must grapple with the true nature of their enemy--as well as that of the knight protecting them.

FEATURES:

* Traditional turn-based jRPG battle system featuring a regenerating MP system for faster-paced combat, powerful team-based attacks and no random encounters
* Difficulty options for those who seek challenge--or only want to focus on the story
* Colorful handheld-style pixel art and illustrations
* Original soundtrack: Absinthia's soundtrack is a modern take on some of the greatest tunes from the SNES era of jRPGs
* About 10 hours of playtime

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :) +::Thumbup
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Absinthia

Postby jkweath » Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:11 pm

Hey everyone! Just wanted to chime in real quick to say that Absinthia went through lots of testing, so hopefully no major bugs should pop up.

However, I did want to mention mouse controls real quick (minor spoilers):

Spoiler: show
Mouse controls work for 99% of the game except for when piloting the speedboat and ship. You'll want to use the keyboard or a gamepad here, otherwise you'll only sail one tile at a time.
jkweath
Bard

Postby ZuluKat » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:20 pm

Demo after installed didn't work at all.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby jkweath » Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:38 pm

ZuluKat wrote:Demo after installed didn't work at all.

I fixed all the bugs except for the demo not working apparently, lol. I'm working on it now, will edit this post when it's ready.

Edit: The demo is set up and working properly now. Sorry for the trouble!
jkweath
Bard

Postby firefly84 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:17 pm

Steam has finally a written guide.

Even I had to use bugfragged video once to solve a puzzle...
firefly84
Wanderer

Postby MerryX » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:04 am

Hi jkweath,

I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying this game. It seems to get better and better as I move along!! It has many elements I really like - the story and characters are great and really pull you in, already came across one plot twist I was NOT expecting. The battles are interesting and challenging without being impossible. I feel I have to work for it and keep thinking how best to approach it. The enemies are different from other games which also grabs my interest.

But there's more...you want hidden/secret rooms - Yup! You want puzzles that are just hard enough to make you sweat a little without being too hard? You bet! (Except I have reached the room where I have to depress all the buttons and I'm not doing so well so far - I'll get back to it and have another go but just in case, you may hear me scream for help if you hopefully haven't wandered off too far to do other things).

The music is also different and I am enjoying it. All in all, although I haven't finished the game yet, I would totally recommend people give it a go. I was a little cautious with the old school pixelated graphics but I had had such a good experience with another game a few months ago (is it okay to mention here -
Spoiler: show
The Dragon's Prophecy

I thought I'd give Absinthia a go and I have absolutely not been disappointed.

So far I am about 11 hours in and characters level 22-23.

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:51 am

PS Love Jake's "Grab Bag" - I use it heaps as it makes me laugh and quite often it's surprisingly effective +::biggrin

There are a lot of very funny add-ins - puzzle instructions, character dialogue, etc. I can see you had a lot of fun making this game +::lol - and I'm having a lot of fun playing it!

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:11 pm

Bought game and it picked up having to fight again with raid on village, that's n.p. The problem is the 4 are gathered and logs block the way to get to Nana's house which wasn't blocked before. As the characters can't jump over the logs or burn them out of the way is this a glitch? Thanks, hopefully for a quick response. +::sos
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby firefly84 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:39 am

ZuluKat wrote:Bought game and it picked up having to fight again with raid on village, that's n.p. The problem is the 4 are gathered and logs block the way to get to Nana's house which wasn't blocked before. As the characters can't jump over the logs or burn them out of the way is this a glitch? Thanks, hopefully for a quick response. +::sos

There is a path to Nana's house.
"Save" all villagers on the way and you have to battle some mobs and last you will save Thomas' parents.
No shortcut - you need to talk to all villagers.

In the Steam Guide you can also see the order of the villagers you can talk to.
firefly84
Wanderer

Postby ZuluKat » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:51 pm

firefly84 wrote:
ZuluKat wrote:Bought game and it picked up having to fight again with raid on village, that's n.p. The problem is the 4 are gathered and logs block the way to get to Nana's house which wasn't blocked before. As the characters can't jump over the logs or burn them out of the way is this a glitch? Thanks, hopefully for a quick response. +::sos

"Save" all villagers on the way and you have to battle some mobs and last you will save Thomas' parents.

Did all that before I wrote last post. After saving Thomas's father they were all standing in plus sign with logs blocking all possible paths. I even spent an hour looking for hidden paths. I am really thinking I have a glitch or something is missing because I killed everyone and talked to everyone and chased the cat. I don't do business with steam only here. Thanks anyway Firefly!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby ZuluKat » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:59 pm

ZuluKat wrote:
firefly84 wrote:

Did all that before I wrote last post. After saving Thomas's father they were all standing in plus sign with logs blocking all possible paths. I even spent an hour looking for hidden paths. I am really thinking I have a glitch or something is missing because I killed everyone and talked to everyone and chased the cat. I don't do business with steam only here. Thanks anyway Firefly! And already got to Nana on demo and the graveyard, so it's definitely off.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:53 pm

It may very well be a glitch. Send a PM to Joshua here or email him at jkweath@gmail.com. He's usually really good about responding to either very quickly.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:04 pm

Lady JJ wrote:It may very well be a glitch. Send a PM to Joshua here or email him at jkweath@gmail.com. He's usually really good about responding to either very quickly.

Thanks Lady J.J I tried emailing and have already PMed twice and no response. Email didn't work for some reason, kept getting incorrect address. And his site is for sale. I'm putting game on back burner and replaying Laxius Soul when I have time +::biggrin I'm surprised because Joshua is very good usually at responding quickly. He must be busy like the rest of us.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:45 pm

I hope nothing's wrong. I checked a forum he frequents and sent him a PM there on your behalf. His stats say the last time he logged into that forum was 8/6/2023. Hopefully he'll show up soon. This is just not like him to not respond.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby firefly84 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:08 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I hope nothing's wrong. I checked a forum he frequents and sent him a PM there on your behalf. His stats say the last time he logged into that forum was 8/6/2023. Hopefully he'll show up soon. This is just not like him to not respond.

It is possible that his real life and kids are occupying him.
He will respond, but it can take some time.

Just noticed him online on Steam...
He as answered me and got in contact with the player having the problem.
firefly84
Wanderer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers