Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Violet Kingdom

Re: New RPG: Violet Kingdom

Postby MerryX » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:54 pm

Hi Shane and Indi,
I can tell you right now you are going to wreck my sleep!! I feel like this is going to be an amazing story...
Spoiler: show
Love, battles, betrayal, mystery, assassinations, kidnapping - and that's only in the first 4 hours of play for me and I really need to go to bed +::Zzzz

I just thought you may like to hear how I'm going now that I've been finally able to start +::Thumbup
MerryX
Last edited by MerryX on Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:11 pm

omg you started it already!! lmao

i truly hope you enjoy it :) you've always been so supportive and I know how you've played the heck out of my stuff!

I feel this is such a touching story so i'm curious to see what you think!!
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:20 pm

Downloaded the demo yesterday and can confirm it's working well. I've just left the farm and on my way to the ruins. My first battle encounter was some goblins who quickly and totally wiped me out, so I'm farming some exp/Gold with the easier bats and rats I found closer to the castle and Merek.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:26 pm

OK thanks x2
Glad to hear the updated demo works fine.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MerryX » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:05 pm

crawfors wrote:omg you started it already!! lmao

i truly hope you enjoy it :) you've always been so supportive and I know how you've played the heck out of my stuff!

I feel this is such a touching story so i'm curious to see what you think!!

Hi Shane,
I was highly motivated +::biggrin Yes, if it keeps up I feel this story is going to be something special +::heart

Lady JJ wrote:Downloaded the demo yesterday and can confirm it's working well. I've just left the farm and on my way to the ruins. My first battle encounter was some goblins who quickly and totally wiped me out, so I'm farming some exp/Gold with the easier bats and rats I found closer to the castle and Merek.

Hi Lady JJ,
Great to see you - yes, the hoards of foes are hard in the beginning and the Ruin isn't any easier. I went in at Level 6 and maybe could have benefited from a tad more. And don't stint on the mana tinctures ;)

MerryX :)
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:11 pm

There's a few quests in the first town that can help :)

make sure you farm the forest that's filled with goblins.

there are 2 different NAMED goblins that drop "moon" gear which will make moving forward a lot easier!!
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:23 pm

@MerryX- I entered the ruins at Lvl 7. So far I'm more than capable of handling the enemies, but I haven't ventured too much underground.

crawfors wrote:There's a few quests in the first town that can help :)

there are 2 different NAMED goblins that drop "moon" gear which will make moving forward a lot easier!!

A few quests? I found a quest to capture a rabbit in Merek to get my first Moon Ring. I have a quest from Farmer John to find seeds for a Tryer Plant, but I haven't found those seeds yet. Did I miss any? And I did farm those goblins quite a bit. Had everyone equipped with Moon shields, caps, leather and rings before entering the ruins and even had a ring and leather left over for Hanzo. I'm very much enjoying the game thus far and looking forward to discovering more of the story as MerryX has found. :)

Edit: Found the seeds. Finished the demo. Off to buy the full game.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:00 am

A couple of small hints for people if you're interested...
Spoiler: show
keep an eye out for the wall clocks - some of them have elixirs. I missed a number and had to backtrack. Apart from the chests, so far I am not running across a lot of things just lying around in cupboards, boxes, barrels, etc. I suppose the enemy drops make up for this but I am missing the joy of discovery a bit ;)
Also, make sure you thoroughly explore the Freedom Cave and headquarters for some nice stuff.

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:08 am

Lady JJ wrote:@MerryX- I entered the ruins at Lvl 7. So far I'm more than capable of handling the enemies, but I haven't ventured too much underground.

crawfors wrote:There's a few quests in the first town that can help :)

A few quests? I found a quest to capture a rabbit in Merek to get my first Moon Ring. I have a quest from Farmer John to find seeds for a Tryer Plant, but I haven't found those seeds yet. Did I miss any? And I did farm those goblins quite a bit. Had everyone equipped with Moon shields, caps, leather and rings before entering the ruins and even had a ring and leather left over for Hanzo. I'm very much enjoying the game thus far and looking forward to discovering more of the story as MerryX has found. :)

Edit: Found the seeds. Finished the demo. Off to buy the full game.

@Lady JJ - it's good isn't it? I'm loving the story. I did find another quest in Merek - Father Gibson wants a Holy Relic. Currently into Chapter 2 where it's important to go back and finish exploring the Freedom Cave Headquarters for treasure.
MerryX :)
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:37 am

@MerryX- I think I'm catching up to you then. I finished Cynthia's Lair before getting the quest, but getting the quest then went smoothly and I received the reward. Then I got a quest to kill a baddie in the forest. Lvl 12 and he's a toughie. Gotta rethink my strategy. Thanks for the hints. I think I'll backtrack to Merek and pick up that quest from the priest.

Edit- And there's another quest from a young NPC (unnamed) on the east church grounds. As is the case with most males, the item is in the place he swears it couldn't be. :)

@Crawsors- Small thing, but after Alandra's abduction, if Violet goes back to see King Avernum, he just tells her to be careful and have fun. He doesn't seem concerned in the least that his daughter is missing. Neither does the queen. Again, small thing....
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:02 am

the simple explanation is the king/queen don't know yet...
and Violet won't tell them.

Alandra is missing on her watch lol
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:26 pm

crawfors wrote:the simple explanation is the king/queen don't know yet...
and Violet won't tell them.

Alandra is missing on her watch lol

Oh, well that would make sense. Not like the king ever even notices her, even when she's in the same room... LOL
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:40 pm

I've got through the Snarl Forest and currently Lvl 20-21 with some nice large group damage spells now with Violet and Smoke (great name btw) +::YAY The multiple hits skills are okay as long as they connect so we're working on our accuracy, by God, or I'll want to know the reason why!!? +::biggrin

Completed a number of side quest which I'm pleased about but what do you know, failed to play proper attention about the Lindyn Fishing Pole so have no idea where that is - nor can I get the Grave Wolf fur. I have now fought and thrashed 3 Grave Dire Wolves and none of them have even coughed up so much as fur ball +::cry I've wandered around in the area but they're as rare as hen's teeth - plenty of ogres and Wood Walkers etc but Dire Wolves in short supply. That's why I ended up deciding to move on through the Snarl Forest thinking it might be there - but, no :(

Anyway, I have to stop for the night as it's waaaay past my bedtime. Keep me posted Lady JJ how you're going. It's always fun to tag team. Where's Kimo btw - he's usually all over crawfors' games! Anyone else out there playing Violet Kingdom?

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:51 pm

The first time I entered the area, I came across 2 dire wolves and the grey one. My party, save one, was immediately wiped out. I did get the wolf fur, but I restored to an earlier save. Since then I've gotten the quest and defeated the grey wolf at least 5 times and the fur hasn't dropped once. I'll keep trying. The wolves show up in the plains and not the forests if that helps. I'm currently in the Gnoll Burrow making my way to its leader. Quests I found in this area are

Kelm
Q- Gestalt in house, wants Grave Wolf Fur,
Q- Marshane Oakwood in Tavern, look for a Replenishing Cask
Q- Edwina Darkrose in Tavern, wants an Emerald Rose,
Q- Dock Stonewall in Tavern wants a Lindyn Fishing Pole ?in the ocean east of here?,
Q- Nina in Tavern wants a Shadowfang Artifact

Wandermere
Q- Luthar Lightbringer, defeat Gnoll leader,
Q- Celes Lightbringer, wants Card of Life

Dock Stonewall says he likes to fish in the ocean east of here. I checked the shorelines to the east but haven't found any fishing pole yet. Will let you know if/when I do find it. My levels are 16-17 and I really need to level up a bit before attempting to take down that gnoll leader, so I'll probably travel around the overworld a while to try to level up. Perhaps I'll find some of those quest items.

Kimo has had a tough year. Well, not so much him as his friends. He's been traveling around a lot trying to help friends who have fallen on hard times keep their vineyards and wineries afloat. It hasn't left him any time for gaming. I'm fairly certain he'll be back as soon as his RL calms down. I think we all miss him. I know I sure do. +::cry

EditGetting the Grave Wolf Fur was well worth the effort, at least for where I am in this part of the game. I gave the Grave Sword to Smoke, though any of the party could equip it) and it was a huge upgrade from his Great Sword. If you get the chance to go back, I found the best place to trigger the wolf battles was on the opposite shore side of the water inlet by Kelm. Just keep running back and forth across the smooth green (not forest, not hilly) area and you'll run into the wolves about 1 out of 3 times. The other 2 are soldiers
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:22 pm

@Lady JJ - thanks for letting me know what's happening with Kimo. Very sorry to hear that his friends/wine community are doing it tough at the moment. Yes, he is missed and we'll look forward to welcoming him back when he can make it.

Also thanks for the tip about the Grave Wolf fur +::Thumbup I'll explore around the other side of Snarl Forest first to keep the story moving but I'm sure I'll be back. I've had a look round on the eastern shores and no sparkly bits showed up there so maybe it'll be on this side?

MerryX

Edit - found the fishing pole. Now spending far too much time trying to get that dratted fur. I get Dire Wolves+++ and other enemies but only 1 Grave Wolf in nearly an hour +::cry +::surrender
Further edit - now another 3-4 Grave Wolves and still no fur. This is way too hard and very discouraging...I can't get back to it now until later tonight so I'll take a break and get back to it (with gritted teeth) later +::Annoyed
Last edited by MerryX on Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MerryX
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers