Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Violet Kingdom

Re: New RPG: Violet Kingdom

Postby polarbr » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:31 pm

Crawfors thank you SO MUCH!!! I wouldn't have thought it would be there, so I really appreciate your help. I'm LOVING this game!!! I might play it over, right after I'm done. It has so many unique episodes and characters. Only thing I'm missing is the quest log.
polarbr
Wanderer

Postby crawfors » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:48 am

catsmeow so happy to see you again!
glad you are enjoying the game :)

i hope you enjoy the story!

merry & LadyJJ seem to!

Merry -- tiamat is so brutal lol.
you def need to be a high level for that fight- but the gear! oh my gosh.

did you like Abel's back story? :)

how is the play coming along ladyJJ?
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:26 pm

crawfors wrote:catsmeow so happy to see you again!
glad you are enjoying the game :)
i hope you enjoy the story!
merry & LadyJJ seem to!
Merry -- tiamat is so brutal lol.
you def need to be a high level for that fight- but the gear! oh my gosh.
did you like Abel's back story? :)
how is the play coming along ladyJJ?

Hi Crawfors,
I am just about to go to bed as I am exhausted after playing your game non-stop. I am up to Chapter 9: Violet's Kingdom and just about to confront Crinthetek - the Lich King was a bad enough +::fear I think I need to be fresh in the morning for that particular adventure.

Currently I am about 41.5 hours in with Violet (36); Gentry (32); Drexxel (33); and Abel (33). I am continuing to find the story absolutely absorbing. As we learn more about not just Violet but each character it becomes such a rich experience. Poor Abel - very sad but he seems to be finding his paws :( And then there is Hanzo and others. It's a rich drama - did you write the story?

In the game play, I had been getting a bit discouraged about the rate of VE increasing (one lousy point at a time) but as soon as I became mobile on the ship, I had much better VE points being awarded. I am still finding I am learning stuff - e.g., the longer I let a fight continue (to strategically allow weaker/less experienced characters to build up - the more EXP I get. I tend to get in there and bash heads together and try and get any battle over quickly. I am now learning there are benefits to slowing it down to reap more rewards. Who knew +::Dunno

Great game, Crawfors, as I'm sure you are hearing. I'll be very sad when I finish...still 3 chapters to go though :)

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:48 pm

I'm a bit farther ahead as I've just dispatched Niles. Don't worry about those meager VE pts, MerryX, as you'll soon encounter islands (in both Shadowland and Rudia) with plenty of random enemies that will yield 40-50 VE at a time. You'll also come across some gear that gives +50% Exp/VE to help level the lower party. Eventually you'll have access to everyone in your party. Oh, and if you find a Cursed Shield, it is a great shield for Violet.... Well, maybe not right away....

I need to return to a few places, Sunken Castle being one, where my party kept being wiped out, now that I'm stronger. That and the dinosaur island should allow some of my other characters to catch up on the levels, though I'm certain I'm not going to level them all. I'd like Beau, Azar and Chernabog to be stronger as I've been concentrating on Hanzo, Gentry and Smoke. They're all in the 50's.

Maybe I should rush into that lava covered triangle now and test the waters to see what members would contribute most to the party before wasting time leveling a character who's not going to participate in the final battle. Haven't made that decision yet.

Definitely a good game. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:30 pm

it's super tough to decide the final 4.

i love Violet, Beau, Abel, and Verock.

another team i liked was Violet, Hanzo, Drexxel, Lot. ( did you return to Warcford and get LOT's special weapon from Enahs Warcford?)

There's a lot of really good combos- it's just about finding your playstyle.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:32 am

@Crawfors - "Made by Shane Crawford" in rock islands...Really +::biggrin +::lol Well, I suppose you deserve to have you name up in "rocks" for making such a great game!

I have to share something funny when I was wandering through the Warsong Woods towards a castle (which I found out was where Crinthetek lived), I happened to spy a rather sad forlorn-looking figure gazing into the lake - a dragon?? Well...
Spoiler: show
wasn't I in for a surprise when the lonely lost looking character turned out to be THE SCOURGE

Fooled me +:oops:
Having a ball and laughing at myself along the way, Shane +::YAY

I'm not looking forward to making a final pick for the team. I love them all!

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:43 pm

@Lady JJ - forgot to let you know I stumbled across the ancient coin if you haven't already found it.
Spoiler: show
Found on a small completely treed island in Rudia - South of Roheim and North of Zanzibar. We need a map!!

@Crawfors - and don't think I missed "Wolf Moon Studios" spelled out on the Rudia ocean either +::lol
MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:15 pm

@MerryX I did find that coin. Violet definitely appreciates Skye's reward. :) Have you gotten the Cursed Shield yet? That's another piece of equipment that suits Violet well.

I'm in the final (I think) dungeon now, in the Abyss. Will let you know who my final 4 are and how they succeeded soon.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby polarbr » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:26 am

Lady JJ - where did you find the Abyss? I've been trying to find it, but haven't had any luck yet.
Thanks!
Also - where's this sunken castle I read about?
polarbr
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:05 am

polarbr wrote:Lady JJ - where did you find the Abyss? I've been trying to find it, but haven't had any luck yet.
Thanks!
Also - where's this sunken castle I read about?

Where are you in the game? If you have defeated Elkashar and Belvemass in the Shadow World, then Violet wants to go back to Rudia and fight whatever is in the abyss that's trying to destroy Rudia. If that's the case, then the portal to the Abyss is by Anvil Castle which is on the snowy continent to the north in Rudia. The Shadow World is where King Rizen (Violet's biological father) resides and Rudia is the human world where King Avernum (who brought up Violet) resides. When you left the Shadow World, you traveled through a bit of the Abyss to the Haven City and from there entered a portal that took you to the human world near Anvil Castle. You then worked your way through the snowy paths to get to a ship. There are lots of lands to explore once you have that ship. One area is in the southeast area. It's green with forests and mountains. There is a town there, Everton. Enter the tavern and speak to one of the NPCs. She will give you a quest to visit her brother on the barren island just to the east. This is where you'll find the Sunken Castle. Great place for grinding.

If you haven't defeated both Elkashar and Belvemass, then I don't think your next destination is the abyss. That's why I'm asking where you are in the game.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby polarbr » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:08 am

I've done all that, but I think I'm supposed to go back to the Abyss. So I'll head there now.
Thanks so much Lady JJ!
polarbr
Wanderer

Postby crawfors » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:44 am

ladyJJ i love hearing you talk like that
:)

sounds like you've got a wonderful mastery of my game and the story!

that's basically A top tier moment for me as a developer was to hear you explain all of that
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:26 pm

crawfors wrote:ladyJJ i love hearing you talk like that
:)

sounds like you've got a wonderful mastery of my game and the story!

that's basically A top tier moment for me as a developer was to hear you explain all of that

Not as much mastery as I'd like. Karn annihilates my party, even though they're all 70+ levels. (Violet, Lot, Gentry, Smoke). I've replaced Smoke with Hanzo and I'm building him up. Good news is, with all the exp/VE + gear, he gets 600-700 VE per fight, so it shouldn't take too long. I thought I could tank everyone up with elixirs from the emporium, but, alas, resistance and defense elixirs are not for sale. And they're definitely sparse throughout the game. Looks like my strategy is going to be 'the best defense is a good offense.' More snow coming in this evening so I'll stay warm inside and nurture my new party. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:38 pm

He's no doubt head and shoulders above all the other bosses in the game---> which i felt is so appropriate for the story of who he is and where he is.

My suggestion- get your party with over 2,000 life.

elixirs of Life, and VE points into life!!

there's a lot of bonus XP gear you can wear to get you a few more levels also :)

doesn't take long at all in the Abyss

use the next few levels to raise your VITALITY.
AT THIS level
1 point of vitality is probably worth 100-200 life
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:24 pm

Got them all 80+ level now. My goto grind area was Dinosaur Island in the Shadow World. Lots of exp/VE and gems to sell for elixirs. But since I've gone into the Abyss, my goto grind area is the Mickey Mouse island. There's only one enemy troop there but they're easily dispatched and give tons of exp/VE. I do have a question, though. Hanzo was getting approx 650 VE each battle. Now I've given the same gear to Gentry (Optimizer Cap, Optimizer Robe, Stone of Jordan, Ring of Learning) and Gentry is only getting about 400 VE per same battle. Do other stats affect VE? Don't get me wrong. 400 is significant and my 4 characters are getting tons of bonus stats. I'm just wondering...
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers