Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Violet Kingdom

Re: New RPG: Violet Kingdom

Postby gje747 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:28 pm

crawfors wrote:so here's how we do this

you open up the full game---
press new game--- watch that scene for a few minutes-- then as soon as you can you open up your menu-
and save file 1.
then go into your folder and delete the save 1 file---->

then you open your DEMO.
go into your save folder--->
move save 1 over to the full game ----->

open up full game--->
you'll see it appears to still be your 2 minute save---- ( trust me it isn't)
it's a visual glitch the software does.

open up that file it will indeed be your save from the demo.

begin playing- save over it.
fixed.

enjoy the full game :)

I hope that makes sense and is easy to follow

Shane

Hi - Not really that easy to follow - Where do I find the save files - i.e. what is the file path and file folder name and what are the extensions to the game files.
Thanks
gje747
Wanderer

Postby gje747 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:51 pm

When I unzipped the Demo file it placed all the unzipped files into a subdirectory of the Zipped files - which was a subdirectory of Violet Kingdom Demo "C:\Users\MyUsername\Downloads\Violet-Kingdom-Demo\Violet Kingdom demo\Game.exe" is where the game file is.
Under that subdirectory I cannot find anything that looks like game files but I am not sure what I am looking for :(
:(
gje747
Wanderer

Postby gje747 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:17 pm

Hi Again
Have found the game files in the www directory. Will give your instructions a go and let you know :)
gje747
Wanderer

Postby MerryX » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:59 am

crawfors wrote:did you find any of the rings just outside of Zanzibar? :)
I farmed there for like an hour to get a bunch of them hehe

Yes, Crawfors, I made sure to get a least 4 +::biggrin I thought there was only going to be one but then they keep getting dropped!
I am currently about 20.5 hours in and just near the end of Chapter 5 - Passage to Safety with Beau, Azar and Alandra. I have most characters up to level 28-29 although Beau (26) and Azar (24). I have been un-equipping characters when the story moves on if I have a chance as I tried to keep everyone geared with the best possible. Although I can get taken by surprise...
It seems to me the gear you pick up is much better than any you can buy so I'm stopping buying unless it provides a significant benefit.
I have to say I am finding it hard to stop and make time to come to the forum. The story is very engrossing +::YAY Sometimes I miss some of your game technics like crafting etc but the story is the great strength I think in this game and I'm really enjoying it.
MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:59 am

@Crawfors and Lady JJ
The sword gifted to Hanzo by Baroness Amala was called The Savior - so still not sure where Lamentation appeared from unless it was from Verock's secret stash +::Dunno
Did not mind the trawling to get the rings - that was fair and just required some hard work on my part - still holding a grudge about the Grave Wolf's fur as that was me the victim of random generation +::Annoyed
Curse Removal Scrolls sold at the shop in Zanzibar - nearly missed them as had to scroll down - and bearing in mind your comments, Lady JJ, I bought a few or 30
MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:09 pm

I'm about 40 hours into this game. @MerryX, the story just keeps on getting better. So many plot twists. I'm sure I've missed some things. I know I've missed a couple of quests. I never found the cask and there was someone looking for an ancient coin. They'll have to wait for a replay.

When you get to Drexxel, stay out of the wooded area just in front of the town. Go straight to Gentry's house on the hill. Once there are 2 in the party, you can tackle the foes in the wooded area. These 2 start at level 1. I did quite a bit of grinding there to level up. As you head west and then north to leave (after speaking with the king), the foes are deadly. It will be hard to stay alive. I leveled up to level 7 before attempting that area and, even then, I had to reload several times after a battle. The trolls are particularly troublesome because they keep regenerating each turn. However, they also drop regenerating equipment. I tried to farm at least 4 of each (shield, cap, cloth, ring) and that helped out with keeping newbies alive down the road. I've also been stripping party members of prestigious weapons/armors/accessories just before a party switch. Treasure chests and battle drops continue to be excellent sources of equipment.

I'm on a ship now checking out the islands for goodies and experience before confronting the first (I think) final boss.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:21 pm

the gear exchange can certainly help a lot.

make sure to keep multiple saves :)

uhm which chapter are you in?
5 still or 6?

because there is... 12 in the game

LOL
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:47 pm

crawfors wrote:the gear exchange can certainly help a lot.
make sure to keep multiple saves :)
uhm which chapter are you in?
5 still or 6?
because there is... 12 in the game
LOL

I'm in Chapter 6 - The Rightful Hare +::biggrin - yes, I can see I'm going to need to do some levelling up here. The good news is it seems these characters level up must faster. Nevertheless, Crawfors it looks like 30 hours gameplay is going to be more like 60+ with 12 chapters - I'm not even halfway!!! I'm about 21 hours in - lost a bit of game time over the weekend with RL so planning to enjoy myself this week before I go back to work +::lol

Glad to hear the strategy of stripping gear before a team change is a good idea - and multiple saves goes without saying!

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby polarbr » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:10 am

I am absolutely loving this game! Love the many characters and moving from one group to another in different areas with different tasks to accomplish.
What I'm really missing is the quest log. I'm lost.
I just dropped off Violet's sister, Princess ____ (I'm horrible with names and locations) and killed the beast within their father (the king) and I think I'm supposed to head back to the realm where Violet's kingdom is, but I don't know where to find the portal and have no idea what the island looks like where it's located.

Can one of you sharp cookies help me out here? I've been sailing around for days and can't find it.
Thanks!
polarbr
Wanderer

Postby MerryX » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:31 am

polarbr wrote:I am absolutely loving this game! Love the many characters and moving from one group to another in different areas with different tasks to accomplish.
What I'm really missing is the quest log. I'm lost.
I just dropped off Violet's sister, Princess ____ (I'm horrible with names and locations) and killed the beast within their father (the king) and I think I'm supposed to head back to the realm where Violet's kingdom is, but I don't know where to find the portal and have no idea what the island looks like where it's located.
Can one of you sharp cookies help me out here? I've been sailing around for days and can't find it.
Thanks!

Hi Polarbr - It sounds like you're quite a way in front of me so Lady JJ may be able to help or Crawfors ;)
I've just defeated Tiamat (the evil dragon) and it was an epic struggle!! So still making my way with Drexxel, Gentry and Abel through Wiagraf's Pass. From previous experience with Crawfors' games I have learnt (painfully) to keep notes - and to try to pay attention to what characters say for clues. Sometimes I lose concentration...and then that's it - I'm lost +::surrender
Good luck :)
MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby polarbr » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:51 am

Thanks Merry X - it's a great game! Hopefully Lady JJ or Crawfors can give me some information.
polarbr
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:01 am

I've just defeated one boss and it suddenly occurred to Violet that her sister might be in danger. She is returning to the human world via a portal in Fiora Vey. Game play than changed to party of Hanzo, Chernabog, Beau and Azar. I believe they are making their way to King Avernum's castle in Avarice. The wizards in Fiora Vey told Violet there was a portal connecting Fiora Vey to the castle and they've kept it active. At least that's what I think they said. My guess is you should go to the castle and look for the portal there to get back to Fiora Vey in Shadowland. I'll check back when I make it to the castle as I'm still in the snow and haven't made it to the ship yet. Probably won't be until tomorrow morning.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby catsmeow » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:59 am

Well you have done it again ....awesome game just like the others... only up to chapter 2 but definitely hooked!

I may get in trouble from my boss at work +::biggrin
catsmeow
Wanderer

Postby catsmeow » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:22 am

Just got a weapon nice drop from the snarl forest. " Hand of the Ancient" +::YAY
catsmeow
Wanderer

Postby crawfors » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:47 pm

Polarb ( you must be really far in)
if you walk back into the castle - Violet will tell Alandra she has to go back to shadow world.

Remember the ruins you went into at the start of the game? WHen you first got Hanzo?
Go to the bottom of that - it's a portal that takes you from Rudia---> Shadow World

:)

hope that helps.

It makes me extremely happy to know you all are enjoying the game!
crawfors
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers