Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Violet Kingdom

Re: New RPG: Violet Kingdom

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:47 pm

Are you in the place where you're getting soldiers that drop the Cutlet armor? You should be running into those soldiers or the wolves, maybe an ogre now and then. My ratio of soldiers:wolves was definitely 2:1. Didn't always get the grave wolf, and when you do get the grave wolf, the fur doesn't always drop. I had multiple ordinary wolf encounters and didn't get the fur until the 6th grave wolf encounter. Still, took me less than an hour. Maybe a half hour? Wishing you luck. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:51 am

Lady JJ wrote:Are you in the place where you're getting soldiers that drop the Cutlet armor? You should be running into those soldiers or the wolves, maybe an ogre now and then. My ratio of soldiers:wolves was definitely 2:1. Didn't always get the grave wolf, and when you do get the grave wolf, the fur doesn't always drop. I had multiple ordinary wolf encounters and didn't get the fur until the 6th grave wolf encounter. Still, took me less than an hour. Maybe a half hour? Wishing you luck. :)

Hahaha - Did you hear my eyes rolling, Lady JJ +::biggrin Okay, I hope they don't count my long pause away today...I should be just about due. I have found to the right of the Snarl Forest entrance seems to get more wolves - and still more ogres, soldiers, and teams of Dire Wolves than Grave Wolves.

Do you hear me, Crawfors!!? This is NOT fun - do I need to hold my tongue a certain way or have I just been super unlucky with the random enemy generation? :razz:

I'm feeling quite stubborn so I'll try again...for a while +::Annoyed

MerryX

EDIT - 10 minutes later (+/- 1.5 hours) I finally got the Grave Wolf fur - and as you promised, Lady JJ, a decent reward and the message to keep an eye out for rare creatures +::Thumbup And I suppose a far bit of levelling up ;)
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:12 pm

it looks like you're both getting it figured out together :)

the grave wolves are indeed fairly rare-- but you do have a 50% chance to find grave fur once you kill one... sometimes random number generator is our friend- other times it is not.

make sure you load up on nature rings/necklaces from the creatures in the forest---

some of those quests are worth doing even if they are a bit annoying or take some hunting :)

( i like hunting, so don't feel obligated)

( did you go through the Gnoll burrow and get those quests? )

i will mention-- once you're on the other side of SNARL forest--- make sure you scower that woods--- i hid a weapon in the woods so you'll want to find it! again it's the small woods on the world map AFTER snarl forest
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:53 pm

I have a sword named 'Lamentation' that I don't recall finding or being gifted. I'd like to include its origins in my notes if someone can fill in that blank.

I'm in the catacombs of the castle. All of my characters are levels 20-24. I'm still unable to use the VE points to learn new skills. When will that feature kick in?

I had to move the game over to my new computer as my older computer is acting wonkier and wonkier. When I can get on that older computer I'll post the rest of the quests I've received thus far.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:39 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I have a sword named 'Lamentation' that I don't recall finding or being gifted. I'd like to include its origins in my notes if someone can fill in that blank.
I'm in the catacombs of the castle. All of my characters are levels 20-24. I'm still unable to use the VE points to learn new skills. When will that feature kick in?
I had to move the game over to my new computer as my older computer is acting wonkier and wonkier. When I can get on that older computer I'll post the rest of the quests I've received thus far.

@Lady JJ - yes, I'm up to around the same stage however now I'm super tempted to go back to an earlier save to fossick for that weapon - unless like you I picked it up on the way. I currently have it equipped on Verock and for some reason I thought he came with it but I may be wrong!!
MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:42 pm

Did you get the lightbringer sword from Luthar LIghtbringer?
from clearing out the gnoll burrow?
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:08 pm

crawfors wrote:Did you get the lightbringer sword from Luthar LIghtbringer?
from clearing out the gnoll burrow?

Oh, yeah. That's been a huge game changer for Violet. :) How do you remove Curse and, again, when can the VE points be alloted?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:26 pm

Oky, I found the hidden weapon - Nature Blade - in the forest above the castle (Baron Agmoly and Baroness Amala) in Lucerna. Interesting weapon as superficially not as powerful on stats as what I already have equipped but delivers magic x 2. My problem is I have now progressed 4-5 levels and not sure if I want to regress and "do-over".

The other interesting thing was Lamentation seemed to have just appeared. It was not in my inventory before I pick up Verock - and he doesn't have it equipped initially when he joins but when I optimised, Lamentation appeared!!! +:::| +::Dunno

Edit - Yes, Lightbringer has been fabulous for Violet +::Thumbup I suspect it will be level 30 before we can use the VE points as I seem to remember that's when it happened in Crawfors' previous games. Feels like ages, doesn't it, although allocating the APs does help. I was struggling a bit until I finally thought to "tweak" my stats a bit to help (e.g., make someone faster, stronger, defended, etc). Felt a bit dumb once I realised this +:oops:
MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:56 pm

ladyjj you can use VE at lvl 30.
more unlock at 35 and 40 also

I think lamentation was given to you by the queens Wife when you're out visiting Verock.

It's a gift she has for Hanzo.

Lightbringer is such a machine!

so nature blade is a great item if you go heavy into magic!
It is build dependent really--- there's a place for it depending on how you make your characters though :)

curse can be removed with "curse removal scrolls"
if you can't find one at the shop hopefully you can find a few.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:09 pm

I haven't found any curse removal scrolls yet, but, fortunately, cursed does wear off after sleeping in an inn. Made that fight for the scarab a bit tougher than it needed to be though. Neither do I have a Nature Blade. Random battle drop maybe? Thanks for the info re: VE points. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:20 pm

omg do me a favor and hunt the desert area outside!!! (worldmap)

there are some powerful rings :)

hopefully you didn't jump on the ship and leave already
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:50 am

crawfors wrote:omg do me a favor and hunt the desert area outside!!! (worldmap)

there are some powerful rings :)

hopefully you didn't jump on the ship and leave already

Hmmm..... I've just found the rabbit, but I think I have a save back there. I'll poke around a bit.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Demo game files available when purchase full game?

Postby gje747 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:04 am

Hi
I have played the demo and now up to the place where it suggests I buy the game. I am interested in buying full game, but before I do I want to make sure that the game files from the demo will be showing when I buy and install the full game (i.e. I don't want to have to start all over again). Just asking due to the fact of the zip files of the demo - haven't usually encountered that with previous Aldorlea games.

Thank you.
gje747
Wanderer

Postby crawfors » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:30 pm

so here's how we do this

you open up the full game---
press new game--- watch that scene for a few minutes-- then as soon as you can you open up your menu-
and save file 1.
then go into your folder and delete the save 1 file---->

then you open your DEMO.
go into your save folder--->
move save 1 over to the full game ----->

open up full game--->
you'll see it appears to still be your 2 minute save---- ( trust me it isn't)
it's a visual glitch the software does.

open up that file it will indeed be your save from the demo.

begin playing- save over it.
fixed.

enjoy the full game :)

I hope that makes sense and is easy to follow

Shane
crawfors
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:48 pm

did you find any of the rings just outside of Zanzibar? :)
I farmed there for like an hour to get a bunch of them hehe
crawfors
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers